Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yes- He pretty even keeled and gives mostly pros and some cons- Not just on a maximum click bait attack- I'm familiar with most of his off-road locations -

2022EOW

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Comparing it to a Forerunner is not an apples to apples comparison. I hate this guys crap because he just loves on Toyolet every chance he gets.

Sponsored

r100gs91

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cactus Grey Hybrid- XLT w/Lux-2021 BMW F900xr
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Mark is good at criticizing the lack of features for off roading. What percentage of people take their vehicles to the extreme like he does. At least he is honest when a vehicle surprises him. I hate myself a little each time I drive down the "nice" gravel road to my lady friend's house.

Last edited:

thevol

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver Mav 2.0 AWD 4k
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So every "pro" was a premium lariat feature. OK then, not sure he understood what he was driving.

A Dodge that drives Fords

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Taurus Ford Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
No more Maverick videos!

Ford Maverick FX4 10 Month Review, Good and Bad - DrivingSportsTV inside-out-sadness

Area51BS

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Donā€™t understand his disappointment with severe off-road use. It hardly looks like a severe use off-road vehicle. Even a Bronco needs additional modification for that.

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Donā€™t understand his disappointment with severe off-road use. It hardly looks like a severe use off-road vehicle. Even a Bronco needs additional modification for that.
If you want to be truthful about the mav, one of the first things you have to get out of the way is that it's a light duty AWD truck that is NOT intended for severe off road use. AWD not 4WD. No locking hubs. No 4 low. Light duty suspension components. Auto trans.

It does surprisingly well off road for what it is. I've seen comments by people who know off road vehicles that say he's excessively cautious about driving it and that an experienced driver could do more with it.

His "disappointment" seems misplaced. Can you be disappointed in an apple for not being an orange? I think he could have presented that aspect more clearly.

Sponsored

Cward

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nada
Iā€™ve watched a lot of his videos. He is definitely not a serious OffRoad driver. I saw a video he did with another YouTube channel and they made him look like an amateur.
They tried to coach him, he didnā€™t listen and rubbed a tree with his Yota.

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Iā€™ve watched a lot of his videos. He is definitely not a serious OffRoad driver. I saw a video he did with another YouTube channel and they made him look like an amateur.
They tried to coach him, he didnā€™t listen and rubbed a tree with his Yota.
Yeah I saw that - I mean not too many PNW folks do legit off road unless they travel south - With hopefully a retrofit of the leaked off/road bumper and the 1/inch H/R lift springs, our Maverick should be able to handle most of what is needed in Utah's backcrounty with trails not named Rubicon,
Ford Maverick FX4 10 Month Review, Good and Bad - DrivingSportsTV PXL_20210224_195009293.MP
Hells revenge or this easy little trail in gold Butte -)

Haha48

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I just do forest service roads and they can be rough. If it was taller and had more aggressive tires it does well off road. I can tell you now it'd comparable to a truck with low range. Now the downside is small washout tend to bottom it out ended up picking up a rock in the midsection plastic bottom its kind of like a cheap fabric and it tears very easy. With fx4 the drive modes good toyo at 3 tires its like a mountian goat. Clearance is the only issuse . Wish it was 2 inches higher then it would be in line with a body on frame and bottom out alot less
Sponsored