Sponsored

FWIW department: 143 Day delivery time for 2023 Mavericks?

RonR1959

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Having a goal is one thing. Reality is another. Considering restraint items and packages, dealer allocations, Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year’s with production shutdown for those holidays, and factory shut downs for lack of supplies, all play a part in the trucks actually built.
I ordered mine on 15 Oct, received a production date of 9/19, changed to 9/26, and now to 10/3. I expect the date to change again. And that build is for a hybrid XLT w/o any packages or accessories added on. Just a plain Jane XLT. So, you can see the difference between a goal and reality.
Sponsored

Larry the lariat

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Roli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda B3000
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I was hearing about that, as well. That would be pretty big if it were true, I'm not really a Ford guy but the Maverick stole my heart when one came into my bay for a remote start install and I got to sit inside it.

A Toyota small truck has the potential to steal me away from the Maverick but it really depends on the features. The low price point, AWD, and the sheer number of features in the bed have me sold on it.

Regardless, for the main topic of this thread, I'd be surprised if Ford really does deliver on the trucks within 143 days. I'm expecting a 6mo wait at the minimum, especially in my case as I chose two constrained packages (Luxury and 4k tow).

Still, I'd be thrilled if I received that truck that soon. At my dealer at least, the guy working with me said that at the time of me ordering, there were like 16 other orders and only one of them was an Ecoboost like the one I was ordering. Everyone else ordered a hybrid.
Agreed 100%. I was never a Ford guy but this truck is absolutely perfect for what i need. I did order the hybrid lariat with the lux and CP360. If im going to wait might as well get the one i want. At least, thats the way i think about it. But, if by may or June of next year I haven’t heard anything from ford. Im going to start entertaining other options. Im currently driving my beater and i really want to be catapulted into the future with all of the features.

Larry the lariat

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Roli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda B3000
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Having a goal is one thing. Reality is another. Considering restraint items and packages, dealer allocations, Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year’s with production shutdown for those holidays, and factory shut downs for lack of supplies, all play a part in the trucks actually built.
I ordered mine on 15 Oct, received a production date of 9/19, changed to 9/26, and now to 10/3. I expect the date to change again. And that build is for a hybrid XLT w/o any packages or accessories added on. Just a plain Jane XLT. So, you can see the difference between a goal and reality.
I think Ford missed the mark last year. And are trying to fix their production issues. Hopefully you get your truck soon!

RonR1959

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think Ford missed the mark last year. And are trying to fix their production issues. Hopefully you get your truck soon!
As Paul Harvey would say “And now, the rest of the story”…

To make a king story short, I picked up an XL hybrid on 27 January that a customer canceled. On 30 March, a customer at a different dealer canceled his XLT lux hybrid, so I traded in the XL.
After I got the first production email for 9/19, I call my dealer and asked him to confirm my order. He removed the Lux pkg and CP360 I ordered. I told him I wasn’t going to take delivery, but Ford keeps sending email updates anyway.
I ordered a hybrid Lariat Lux, CP360, CP360 Assist, and BAP on 15 Sept. We’ll see how long it takes to get built.

mcc63303

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sold 22 Hybrid XL now 24 Hybrid XL, 57 Chevy 454ci
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ordered my 2022 Hybrid XL (Co-Pilot360, SIBL and Hitch only options) on July 22, 2021, built on Feb 21, 2022 and took delivery March 22, 2023 (8 months after order). I ordered a 2023 Hybrid XL (Co-pilot360 and hitch) on Friday Sept 16th, certainly don't expect it in 8 months like before, most likely longer even though only two options.

Sponsored

bigshmoop

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1967 Plymouth Satellite, 2023 Toyota 4Runner ORP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The longer Ford takes the more time the competition has to catch up. Dodge and Toyota already talking about entering the segment, Ford knows this.

Like many others have stated here I ordered the truck I wanted today. But if a year from now, I still don’t have it in my hand and there are other options available I will investigate those.

Landric

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Landric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT AWD FX4 Alto Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ford website says it'll deliver 23s by 12/20. Under 40 days. Totally doable. Only been waiting 357 so far myself. Have faith in Ford.
Screenshot_20220922-082434_Chrome.jpg

BTW: The first delivery goes to the plant manager in Hermosillo who lives across the street. Promise fulfilled.
Man, I am such a rookie, I've only been waiting 248 days. My first order has showed "in production" for a week now. I wonder how much longer before it makes it to North Carolina?

MvrkECWI

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick, Crosstrek
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have no doubt there will be some 23s that deliver in Fall of 22. Why the scoff at the statement? It didn't say all of them, it just says starting.
Exactly, they'll rush one out with expedited delivery, hence the plant manager comment. Customers approaching or past the 1 year mark have a tendency to scoff at Ford's promises. I lost your optimistic attitude a while ago. Don't see it coming back.

Larry the lariat

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Roli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda B3000
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
As Paul Harvey would say “And now, the rest of the story”…

To make a king story short, I picked up an XL hybrid on 27 January that a customer canceled. On 30 March, a customer at a different dealer canceled his XLT lux hybrid, so I traded in the XL.
After I got the first production email for 9/19, I call my dealer and asked him to confirm my order. He removed the Lux pkg and CP360 I ordered. I told him I wasn’t going to take delivery, but Ford keeps sending email updates anyway.
I ordered a hybrid Lariat Lux, CP360, CP360 Assist, and BAP on 15 Sept. We’ll see how long it takes to get built.
Question, being new to this forum this may be a redundant question.

when did the order banks open for the 2022 maverick?

The reason i ask is because i see many people on here saying they ordered June , July , September. If they opened in June or July of 2021 and you placed an order in January, it makes sense that its taken so long especially with the amount of demand around this truck, constraints among other things.

That being said, instead of having it open for 6-7 months they only had it open for 5 days. I think we may be in luck this time around.

stlouischiefs

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Santa Fe, Cactus Grey XLT on order
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Question, being new to this forum this may be a redundant question.

when did the order banks open for the 2022 maverick?

The reason i ask is because i see many people on here saying they ordered June , July , September. If they opened in June or July of 2021 and you placed an order in January, it makes sense that its taken so long especially with the amount of demand around this truck, constraints among other things.

That being said, instead of having it open for 6-7 months they only had it open for 5 days. I think we may be in luck this time around.
According to the wiki, production started 9/2/21. I thought I read somewhere on the forum that Hybrids were delayed a bit, but I may be wrong about that.

Sponsored

RonR1959

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
According to the wiki, production started 9/2/21. I thought I read somewhere on the forum that Hybrids were delayed a bit, but I may be wrong about that.
Ecoboost were first to go into production, and hybrids needed two additional certifications. One by the EPA, and I forgot what the other one was for. Both were completed in early December, and hybrids were produced at a lower percentage than Ecoboost. The constraints started to kick in, along with shut downs, sometimes for a week. at a time. I actually ordered mine on 15 October. The ones I found on 27 January and 30 March were both from customers who canceled their orders. I already mentioned that I'm not taking delivery on the one I ordered since the dealer deleted the two options I wanted, so we'll see how long it actually takes to get the Lariat, CP360, CP360 Assist, lux pkg and BAP produced. In the meantime, I'm loving the XLT hybrid Lux I have!

LSchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 99 E150 Clb Wgn, 23 Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Man, I am such a rookie, I've only been waiting 248 days. My first order has showed "in production" for a week now. I wonder how much longer before it makes it to North Carolina?
Couple weeks to a couple months.

Joe Kelly

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Triumph TR-6, 2009 Accord, 2017 Pacifica
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Funny you read my mind on work days. That 28.6 weeks is 6.6 months at an average of 4.33 weeks per month. So if production starts mid November, that puts this window in June. That doesn't seem crazy.
I talked to a friend today who works for a major OEM and his comment was the logistic chain is in total disarray. Parts shortages at all levels of the build from fastners to complete sub assemblies in the US and over seas. His comment was if you have What you need today you may be out of it the next day. He not only has to contact the manufacturer but also follow the truck and rail shipments from the supplier to final delivery. With common parts moving them between plants borrow payback. He also commented on slow processing in customs. The manufacturers are struggling at all levels of the supply chain. Supplier lead time is out of control. OEM’s are very good at material forecasting for production. Hard to factor in todays problems. I wish them well.

Majoretx

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
See you this time next year....to put in your 2024 order as a replacement for the 2023 Ford didn't manage to deliver!

Good luck, I hope you don't have to wait a long time. As of today I have been waiting 246 days (over 8 months) for my Maverick order and I am one of the people who doesn't have one who has been waiting the least amount of time. My order went into production last week so I'm expecting a total wait of around 10 months.
whats that order tracker to check the modules?