Sponsored

FWIW department: 143 Day delivery time for 2023 Mavericks?

winterlong

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick / EB XTL FX4 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
As a school employee I view the calendar through school vacations; I'll be satisfied if I'm my Mav at the start of school next fall (late August)...anything ahead earlier is going to be a celebration!
Sponsored

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
As a school employee I view the calendar through school vacations; I'll be satisfied if I'm my Mav at the start of school next fall (late August)...anything ahead earlier is going to be a celebration!
Mine is scout summer camp in June. I work from home, so I just want it before then. 🤞

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Boxster S, 2018 BMW M5, Ducati's, Suzuki's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Believe what you want, but never believe a salesman. Expect up to a year and 143 days or as little as 143 days.
There are sooooo many gullible people who will believe anything they are told, the number of people in this forum who believe what the dealership tells them is proof. I don't expect my MY23 to arrive until March 23.

Uncartha56

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
I talked to my salesman just after he got out of his Monday morning briefing. He said he learned in the meeting that Ford is intending to deliver 2023 Mavericks in 143 days! I am assuming that means time from "in production" to delivery. I didn't question him, as he was very busy and working a 12 day.
Has anyone else heard of this?
Ford Maverick FWIW department: 143 Day delivery time for 2023 Mavericks? 92296089-0438-4A5D-9B5D-694D76875E60

Sponsored

Dale Ducheneaux

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered 2023 Maverick XLT 9/16/22
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I talked to my salesman just after he got out of his Monday morning briefing. He said he learned in the meeting that Ford is intending to deliver 2023 Mavericks in 143 days! I am assuming that means time from "in production" to delivery. I didn't question him, as he was very busy and working a 12 day.
Has anyone else heard of this?
My salesman told me maybe in 9 months!

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I don't know why others are so quick to shoot down a salesman simply passing along info., if said salesman was in a meeting and overheard 143 days from Ford Rep, that's not unreasonable. In fact, that's longer than I would typically anticipate but I could very well see that being a "goal" for Ford.

Average time from order to delivery @ 143 days is just over 4.5 months. That's longer than my 22 took from order until I was behind the wheel driving it, albeit the Maverick is much more popular now. For buildable units though, that's kind of a long time. Folks who are trying to order heavily constrained builds will be the ones on the farther end of that pendulum, and there will be folks who placed a less constrained order today that are driving them in December. 143 days from today would be Feb 10, we all know 2023s will start being delivered well before then..
NO 2023s will be delivered to customers in December. They won't even start building them until 2nd half of Nov- and 2nd half of Dec is factory shutdown for the holidays- so basically a month of some production throughput and then those 3-5K or whatever number produced still have to get put on a train into USA, and more waiting there- could be weeks before a dealer gets them after that. With what we have experienced in 2022 there is ZERO chance anybody is driving their special order 2023 retail Maverick this December.

DavesMav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
NO 2023s will be delivered to customers in December. They won't even start building them until 2nd half of Nov- and 2nd half of Dec is factory shutdown for the holidays- so basically a month of some production throughput and then those 3-5K or whatever number produced still have to get put on a train into USA, and more waiting there- could be weeks before a dealer gets them after that. With what we have experienced in 2022 there is ZERO chance anybody is driving their special order 2023 retail Maverick this December.
OKAY, so early JANUARY. STILL LESS THAN 143 days...

My Maverick was at dealership in Florida 17 days from built BTW. A 23 coming down the line late November with no delay in transport could certainly be delivered in December..

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Boxster S, 2018 BMW M5, Ducati's, Suzuki's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

My Maverick was at dealership in Florida 17 days from built BTW. A 23 coming down the line late November with no delay in transport could certainly be delivered in December..
Sure that works:ROFLMAO:

DavesMav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
The first 2023 Maverick to be delivered could likely be in mid-to-late December 2022. And here's the kicker, it will go to someone who just placed a brand-new, 2023 order, not someone who didn't get their 2022 and had to RE-ORDER :ROFLMAO: Hope everyone has their pitchforks ready

Sponsored

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The first 2023 Maverick to be delivered could likely be in mid-to-late December 2022. And here's the kicker, it will go to someone who just placed a brand-new, 2023 order, not someone who didn't get their 2022 and had to RE-ORDER :ROFLMAO: Hope everyone has their pitchforks ready
Nope, not possible.

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

you are the world record holder for that

Maverick2112

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 xl hybrid.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Saturday 9/17/2022 after we finished, told the salesman “see you this time next year.”

He replied with a smile on his face and and twinkle in his eye “oh no should be sooner than that. Jim Farley wants all orders delivered to customers within 6 months of their order date.”

Jim Farley wants a lot of things that just aren’t happening.
I'd sooner believe Chris Farley.

B2000

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B2000
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

It's possible Ford has learned from the last year to do a better job of ordering from their suppliers especially since they have the retail order numbers in hand. If the suppliers can meet the demand they could do a better job this year. Manufacturers always want the components delivered the day of production and suppliers can't always provide that of course. Same thing with chips- auto manufacturers did not want to commit in advance so chip makers committed to other industries that were willing to place orders. When the auto makers figured out demand was still pretty good it was too late and they get what they get.

DavesMav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
you are the world record holder for that
Nope, @Krrr (3 days), @sixer (9 days) @Ribwich (16 days), @pxpaulx (14 days), and probably many others have my 17 days beat.

Look right here: Maverick Order Tracking List & Stats [Enter Yours!] | MaverickTruckClub

There's a dedicated column tracking this, and sure ~30 days is probably more common but some still sneak by at 2-3 weeks or less transit time. Thus a Late November build could very well be delivered December 22. I'm not saying they all will be delivered that quickly, but there's a much higher chance than 0% as you claim:

Ford Maverick FWIW department: 143 Day delivery time for 2023 Mavericks? 1663688670172
Sponsored

Last edited: