Sponsored

FWIW department: 143 Day delivery time for 2023 Mavericks?

OP
OP

Finnster

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy's
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Think I read this same thread 8 months ago right after I ordered and my salesman said 4-6 months.
Sounds like we know the same salesman!
Did you get your truck in 2022? How long did it take?
Sponsored

Mightybeast

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I talked to my salesman just after he got out of his Monday morning briefing. He said he learned in the meeting that Ford is intending to deliver 2023 Mavericks in 143 days! I am assuming that means time from "in production" to delivery. I didn't question him, as he was very busy and working a 12 day.
Has anyone else heard of this?
The way Ford keeps dealership in the dark I bet they got no clue when and what they will deliver. Also it might change sever hundred times as usual. But official is Fall 2022

DJF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Sounds like we know the same salesman!
Did you get your truck in 2022? How long did it take?
Not yet. I'll be one of the last 22s produced and take delivery sometime in 23, hopefully by Spring.

Freckles

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Edge, 2021 Transit Connect, 2022 Maverick XLT
My 2022 XLT, built with many constrained items, took 405 days from ordering it to receiving it.
I expect the same for the 2023 Lariat I ordered with many constrained items.

Sponsored

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This is pretty good data. @Administrator should create one for the MY 2023 orders to keep track.
Well @Administrator has put MY23 orders with the MY22 orders in the same database but was to breakout MY23 charts separate from MY22 orders but in doing so the database data got seriously screwed up.

I had a MY22 Maverick ordered, scheduled (VIN number assigned), built, shipped and delivered.

This is a snapshot of it:

Ford Maverick FWIW department: 143 Day delivery time for 2023 Mavericks? huunvubu pg4.JPG

Ford Maverick FWIW department: 143 Day delivery time for 2023 Mavericks? huunvubu pg5.JPG

So yesterday when I submitted my MY23 order the MY22 entry got deleted and the MY23 entry is screwed up as showing the order date of 9/16 but already has dates for scheduled (VIN number assigned), built, shipped and delivered that belong to my MY22.

Ford Maverick FWIW department: 143 Day delivery time for 2023 Mavericks? 7174 huunvubu #1.JPG

Ford Maverick FWIW department: 143 Day delivery time for 2023 Mavericks? 7174 huunvubu #2.JPG

So in intermingling MY23 orders with MY22 orders in the database especially if you had a MY22 order the data cannot be trusted.

I do really hope that the database can be rolled back and corrected for MY22 and a new MY23 database and thread started.

Larry the lariat

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Roli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda B3000
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If my 23 order rolls to 2024 I will move on to another vehicle. As I have said all along if you cant build the vehicle don't take my order.
Agreed! I hear Toyota may be coming out with a small efficient truck soon. Maybe I’ll look into that

Quagmyr

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux Alto Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I talked to my salesman just after he got out of his Monday morning briefing. He said he learned in the meeting that Ford is intending to deliver 2023 Mavericks in 143 days! I am assuming that means time from "in production" to delivery. I didn't question him, as he was very busy and working a 12 day.
Has anyone else heard of this?
Optimistic. The MY23 run does not start until mid-November as I recall. Maybe some of the early orders will show up for those that were highest priority 143 days AFTER the production line starts, I predict first folks to receive their MY23 Mav will be around (ironically) April Fools day.

Quagmyr

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux Alto Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Agreed! I hear Toyota may be coming out with a small efficient truck soon. Maybe I’ll look into that
Competition is great. I hope Toyota and Dodge and others start in this small truck segment. That will build a fire under Ford to get their act in order. Ford has major issues in transparency, I get some of it for business secrets, but this model is already established, lack of transparency on a vehicle order that takes a year to produce will cause Ford to lose market share to the Toyota platform in MY24. Toyota seems poised to have a MY24 small truck, which is one reason Ford has no plans to roll MY23 orders into MY24 as they know people waiting will just go buy a Toyota. Again, competition is great for the consumer.

Lordran_Hollow

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Toyota 86 860 Edition
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I was hearing about that, as well. That would be pretty big if it were true, I'm not really a Ford guy but the Maverick stole my heart when one came into my bay for a remote start install and I got to sit inside it.

A Toyota small truck has the potential to steal me away from the Maverick but it really depends on the features. The low price point, AWD, and the sheer number of features in the bed have me sold on it.

Regardless, for the main topic of this thread, I'd be surprised if Ford really does deliver on the trucks within 143 days. I'm expecting a 6mo wait at the minimum, especially in my case as I chose two constrained packages (Luxury and 4k tow).

Still, I'd be thrilled if I received that truck that soon. At my dealer at least, the guy working with me said that at the time of me ordering, there were like 16 other orders and only one of them was an Ecoboost like the one I was ordering. Everyone else ordered a hybrid.

Sponsored

DavesMav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Well @Administrator has put MY23 orders with the MY22 orders in the same database but was to breakout MY23 charts separate from MY22 orders but in doing so the database data got seriously screwed up.

I had a MY22 Maverick ordered, scheduled (VIN number assigned), built, shipped and delivered.

This is a snapshot of it:

huunvubu pg4.JPG

huunvubu pg5.JPG

So yesterday when I submitted my MY23 order the MY22 entry got deleted and the MY23 entry is screwed up as showing the order date of 9/16 but already has dates for scheduled (VIN number assigned), built, shipped and delivered that belong to my MY22.

7174 huunvubu #1.JPG

7174 huunvubu #2.JPG

So in intermingling MY23 orders with MY22 orders in the database especially if you had a MY22 order the data cannot be trusted.

I do really hope that the database can be rolled back and corrected for MY22 and a new MY23 database and thread started.
I thought they should have just done a new MY23 from the start. Figured it would get messy mixing the two.

Greg_in_GA

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Engine
Undecided
He said he learned in the meeting that Ford is intending to deliver 2023 Mavericks in 143 days!
This could be a completely true but completely meaningless statistic.

Here is how they could come up with that number.

If they cut off the MY23 production at a normal time next year then virtually all 23 Mavericks will be delivered by the end of October 2023.

With maybe a few lucky exceptions 23 Mavericks start being delivered in January 2023.

The mid point between January and October is around the the end of May so that will be the average 23 Maverick delivery date.

I didn't do the math but 143 days before the end of May is not far from when production starts in late November so depending on how you juggle the details that could be an accurate number.

JBnorthTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang, 2013 Honda CRV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

The big mistake they made last year was allowing people to enter way too many orders so in addition to frustrating customers they lost a lot of money with price protection and special orders. All they need to do it to close the order book when they have six months worth of orders then every 90 days they can open up the order book again until they have have enough orders for the next 90 days.
While that sounds good and all, it's very possible the flood of orders came in so fast that they already have as many as they can build for MY23, at least for hybrids.

MvrkECWI

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick, Crosstrek
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford website says it'll deliver 23s by 12/20. Under 40 days. Totally doable. Only been waiting 357 so far myself. Have faith in Ford.
Ford Maverick FWIW department: 143 Day delivery time for 2023 Mavericks? Screenshot_20220922-082434_Chrome

BTW: The first delivery goes to the plant manager in Hermosillo who lives across the street. Promise fulfilled.

gte105u

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Lariat, '17 Rogue SL, '14 Altima SV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ford website says it'll deliver 23s by 12/20. Under 40 days. Totally doable. Only been waiting 357 so far myself. Have faith in Ford.
Screenshot_20220922-082434_Chrome.jpg

BTW: The first delivery goes to the plant manager in Hermosillo who lives across the street. Promise fulfilled.
I have no doubt there will be some 23s that deliver in Fall of 22. Why the scoff at the statement? It didn't say all of them, it just says starting.
Sponsored