Sponsored

FWIW department: 143 Day delivery time for 2023 Mavericks?

OP
OP

Finnster

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy's
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
There are sooooo many gullible people who will believe anything they are told, the number of people in this forum who believe what the dealership tells them is proof. I don't expect my MY23 to arrive until March 23.
Thanks!
FWIW means: For what it's worth!
I never said I believed my salesman. I asked if anyone could confirm this information!

However when I add 143 days to the MY23 build start date of 11-14-22, I come up with approximately April 6, 2023 for the first deliveries! Not so far off from your SWAG calculation!
Sponsored

Syntax Error

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Nope, @Krrr (3 days), @sixer (9 days) @Ribwich (16 days), @pxpaulx (14 days), and probably many others have my 17 days beat.

Look right here: Maverick Order Tracking List & Stats [Enter Yours!] | MaverickTruckClub

There's a dedicated column tracking this, and sure ~30 days is probably more common but some still sneak by at 2-3 weeks or less transit time. Thus a Late November build could very well be delivered December 22. I'm not saying they all will be delivered that quickly, but there's a much higher chance than 0% as you claim:

1663688670172.png
This is pretty good data. @Administrator should create one for the MY 2023 orders to keep track.

Mango Cat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Dodge Ram 5.9
Consider the possibility the dealer doesn't really know and he just made it up.
I think the sales guy takes what his manager tells him and distorts it a bit to what he thinks you want to hear / what will close the deal with you.

I think the sales managers take whatever they hear from wherever and distorts it as much as they dare to feed the salesman whatever the managers think will drive the most sales volume that day / week / month.

DavesMav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
I think the sales guy takes what his manager tells him and distorts it a bit to what he thinks you want to hear / what will close the deal with you.

I think the sales managers take whatever they hear from wherever and distorts it as much as they dare to feed the salesman whatever the managers think will drive the most sales volume that day / week / month.
But there's really no need to "close the deal" when it comes to a potential Maverick customer. If someone is inquiring about a Maverick, they pretty well know they want one and hopefully also know how hard certain models can be to acquire. Thus no reason to b/s anyone this late in the game.

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Could also just be managing expectations. Don't bother them before April because they told you it would take a while.

Sponsored

Mango Cat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Dodge Ram 5.9
But there's really no need to "close the deal" ... no reason to b/s anyone this late in the game.
No, there's not, but they wouldn't be successful salespeople if they didn't "push it 110%, or more" at every opportunity.

I was told last Saturday that the 2023 order banks would be closing the following day. It didn't push me to do anything I didn't want to do anyway, but it sure smelled of sales BS the time.

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I talked to my salesman just after he got out of his Monday morning briefing. He said he learned in the meeting that Ford is intending to deliver 2023 Mavericks in 143 days! I am assuming that means time from "in production" to delivery. I didn't question him, as he was very busy and working a 12 day.
MY23 Production starts on 11/14/2022. Those that get built that day will take delivery 2-4 weeks after.

So 11/28/2022 to 12/12/2022. That is 74-88 days since ordered very early on 9/15/2022.

Those whose order dates are on late 9/15 through 9/21 or have constraints can take many many months to see their Maverick.

Basically your salesman is just pulling number out of their ass.

CoryDallas8123

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A4, Chevy Chevelle SS, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don't know why others are so quick to shoot down a salesman simply passing along info., if said salesman was in a meeting and overheard 143 days from Ford Rep, that's not unreasonable. In fact, that's longer than I would typically anticipate but I could very well see that being a "goal" for Ford.

Average time from order to delivery @ 143 days is just over 4.5 months. That's longer than my 22 took from order until I was behind the wheel driving it, albeit the Maverick is much more popular now. For buildable units though, that's kind of a long time. Folks who are trying to order heavily constrained builds will be the ones on the farther end of that pendulum, and there will be folks who placed a less constrained order today that are driving them in December. 143 days from today would be Feb 10, we all know 2023s will start being delivered well before then..
Yeah. I guess I’m one of those “heavily constrained” orders for the base engine Hybrid. If mine is in fact delivered on September 28th it’ll only be 440 days.

You can be an outlier at your under 143 days and I can be an outlier at my maybe over 440 but 143 days for a normal build, not some bare bones model, seems absurd considering Ford won’t be adding shits or dedicated lines for Maverick. It shares the same lines as Escape and Bronco Sport.

Yes, some will win the Maverick lottery but most will not. The salesperson should pass along what Ford says then with common sense state “that’s in a perfect world.”

MAVERICK8011

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
BOB
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.yahoo.com
Vehicle(s)
Maveruck
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Saturday 9/17/2022 after we finished, told the salesman “see you this time next year.”

He replied with a smile on his face and and twinkle in his eye “oh no should be sooner than that. Jim Farley wants all orders delivered to customers within 6 months of their order date.”

Jim Farley wants a lot of things that just aren’t happening.
My dealer said the same thing. Delivery between 4 to 6 months.

DavesMav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
I don't see how folks are still discrediting this idea. And to be honest, it really doesn't matter anyways. A salesman has little to gain spouting such a prophecy. Even if Ford's "goal" is an average time of 143 days from order to delivery, that's nothing impressive and actually sounds rather practical given the circumstances.

For some, this process could take less than 90 days from order to delivery. For others, it will take significantly longer

If Ford played it safe and shut down orders early, they should very well be able to hit on an of average 143 days from order to build (especially if MY23 ends earlier than normal). Turn around time on buildable stock units in that case would fill in and those should be well under 143 days, which would pad their numbers for the inevitable highly constrained customer orders that take way longer to build.

Even if Ford underestimated and is underwater with so many builds, who knows. Ecoboosts should still be built and delivered in less than 143 days. If Ford can't build Hybrids for retail orders and has no retail Ecoboosts left, I presume they'll build the least constrained Ecoboost XLTS to send to dealer stock all day long throughout the model year. That will still likely give an average of 143 days from order to build.. I don't see how one can be so quick to dismiss a number that as so little to do with anything. Yet here I am defending a number that has little to do with anything, so there's also that :ROFLMAO:

Sponsored
OP
OP

Finnster

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy's
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I agree!
And thank you very much for defending my hearsay! :)

skadizzle

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I can definitely see from In Production to Delivery at 143 days. It will just take about 6 months until you see In Production. There's no way they will average 143 days from order to delivery as the order banks were open less than a week so 60,000+ people have an order day within a week apart and they aren't building them all at the same time.

Reactions: DJF

Joe Kelly

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Triumph TR-6, 2009 Accord, 2017 Pacifica
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I talked to my salesman just after he got out of his Monday morning briefing. He said he learned in the meeting that Ford is intending to deliver 2023 Mavericks in 143 days! I am assuming that means time from "in production" to delivery. I didn't question him, as he was very busy and working a 12 day.
Has anyone else heard of this?
Interesting time for delivery. 143 days for a 5 day week is 28.6 weeks not counting holidays. With all the orders being taken within a two week window someone is going to be waiting a long time. I do not know the production rate at this plant but when I worked on the Dodge truck line in Fenton Mo. in 1970 we. Kicked out a truck a minute. That would equal about 480 trucks in a 8 hour day And that would be about 124,000/year. All I can say is someone in the order pool is going to be waiting a lot longer than 143 days. Someone posted the percentages for the 3 trim levels and hybreds. Ford can mix the trim levels on the same line with the build sheets that move on the line with the truck so I do not seeing them running batches of a certain trim level. Does anyone know how many 2022 trucks have been built. How many 2022 are being converted to 2023 models are to be filled before the new orders. It is time to wear your patients pants. I also heard Ford has 40000 to 45,000 trucks held up for part shortages. Too many variables to believe the 143 days from order right now. Patients

gte105u

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Lariat, '17 Rogue SL, '14 Altima SV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Interesting time for delivery. 143 days for a 5 day week is 28.6 weeks not counting holidays. With all the orders being taken within a two week window someone is going to be waiting a long time. I do not know the production rate at this plant but when I worked on the Dodge truck line in Fenton Mo. in 1970 we. Kicked out a truck a minute. That would equal about 480 trucks in a 8 hour day And that would be about 124,000/year. All I can say is someone in the order pool is going to be waiting a lot longer than 143 days. Someone posted the percentages for the 3 trim levels and hybreds. Ford can mix the trim levels on the same line with the build sheets that move on the line with the truck so I do not seeing them running batches of a certain trim level. Does anyone know how many 2022 trucks have been built. How many 2022 are being converted to 2023 models are to be filled before the new orders. It is time to wear your patients pants. I also heard Ford has 40000 to 45,000 trucks held up for part shortages. Too many variables to believe the 143 days from order right now. Patients
Funny you read my mind on work days. That 28.6 weeks is 6.6 months at an average of 4.33 weeks per month. So if production starts mid November, that puts this window in June. That doesn't seem crazy.

DJF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Think I read this same thread 8 months ago right after I ordered and my salesman said 4-6 months.
Sponsored