Sponsored

FWIW department: 143 Day delivery time for 2023 Mavericks?

Finnster

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy's
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I talked to my salesman just after he got out of his Monday morning briefing. He said he learned in the meeting that Ford is intending to deliver 2023 Mavericks in 143 days! I am assuming that means time from "in production" to delivery. I didn't question him, as he was very busy and working a 12 day.
Has anyone else heard of this?
Sponsored

Syntax Error

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Consider the possibility the dealer doesn't really know and he just made it up.

iwantmymav

Banned
Banned
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
What a dupe.

DavesMav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
I don't know why others are so quick to shoot down a salesman simply passing along info., if said salesman was in a meeting and overheard 143 days from Ford Rep, that's not unreasonable. In fact, that's longer than I would typically anticipate but I could very well see that being a "goal" for Ford.

Average time from order to delivery @ 143 days is just over 4.5 months. That's longer than my 22 took from order until I was behind the wheel driving it, albeit the Maverick is much more popular now. For buildable units though, that's kind of a long time. Folks who are trying to order heavily constrained builds will be the ones on the farther end of that pendulum, and there will be folks who placed a less constrained order today that are driving them in December. 143 days from today would be Feb 10, we all know 2023s will start being delivered well before then..

Last edited:

Sponsored

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That would be the ninth of February. The chart provided to my dealer last week said first one off the line shows up in December. So, I'm not sure where the disconnect is. 143 seems like a specifically random number.

C J Cox

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Saturday 9/17/2022 after we finished, told the salesman “see you this time next year.”

He replied with a smile on his face and and twinkle in his eye “oh no should be sooner than that. Jim Farley wants all orders delivered to customers within 6 months of their order date.”

Jim Farley wants a lot of things that just aren’t happening.

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Saturday 9/17/2022 after we finished, told the salesman “see you this time next year.”

He replied with a smile on his face and and twinkle in his eye “oh no should be sooner than that. Jim Farley wants all orders delivered to customers within 6 months of their order date.”

Jim Farley has his spreadsheets. If they say they can make 2,000 trucks a week, All he has to do is put a hard cap of 48,000 retail orders to make the six month deadline. Unless there is another surprise commodity shortage, that is.

Landric

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Landric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT AWD FX4 Alto Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

See you this time next year....to put in your 2024 order as a replacement for the 2023 Ford didn't manage to deliver!

Good luck, I hope you don't have to wait a long time. As of today I have been waiting 246 days (over 8 months) for my Maverick order and I am one of the people who doesn't have one who has been waiting the least amount of time. My order went into production last week so I'm expecting a total wait of around 10 months.

aitch-2-oh

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taurus X
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

‘Hope springs eternal’…and 143 days seems very hopeful…

This Forum was filled all year with variations of “my Salesman said I’d get my truck in [fill in the blank with 2 months, 3 months or longer]”. None of these forecasts bore fruit.

I’m celebrating (not really) a 1-year Order anniversary, which my Salesman said could take 7-9 months without any glitches, supply chain issues or recalls. I figured it’d be a year, perhaps more, so the expectations were established early and as a result, there hasn’t been any angst or concerns about this order.

It Doesn’t appear as though anything in Hermosillo has changed, there’s a bunch of ‘22’s still to build and the 2023 Order Banks close today, at least for the Hybrids. I’d take the ‘over’ on that 143 Day number in a heartbeat.

And I’d certainly question any salesperson that delivered such an aggressive timeline. But, as written earlier, ‘hope springs eternal’, so we’ll see what Fall, Winter and Spring have in store for us…

Sponsored

LSchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 99 E150 Clb Wgn, 23 Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

That might take a small miracle. I am prepared for double that.

Bob The Builder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Cherokee ** 2023 Mav FX/4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Let's look at this for a moment. If 2023 production starts on Nov. 15, 2022 and it takes 143 days to deliver a truck, ON AVERAGE, then we should be receiving our trucks on or about April 15, 2023. Seems reasonable to me. I believe the stories that Ford is wanting a short MY23 run for these trucks. This all seems to fit into that.

One thing for sure, time will tell.

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Let's look at this for a moment. If 2023 production starts on Nov. 15, 2022 and it takes 143 days to deliver a truck, ON AVERAGE, then we should be receiving our trucks on or about April 15, 2023. Seems reasonable to me. I believe the stories that Ford is wanting a short MY23 run for these trucks. This all seems to fit into that.

One thing for sure, time will tell.
Fair. I was a Day One order and my dealer told me to expect mid to late spring. If we get it sooner to just count myself lucky.

Brown0

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Lux
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not going to be as quick as some others to shoot this down. It could be reasonable for a target or average goal. Important point to remember here is that Ford has introduced an incredible amount of control of their order numbers and distribution by imploring a few tactics:

• Requiring all unbuilt 2022 orders must place new 2023 orders - meaning as they watch the order bank numbers rise to their 2023 production capacity, they are able to close the banks quickly at/around that number [tonight for Hybrid]
  • Re-shuffling packages
  • Price adjustments
  • Being open about constraining items, and added cost for some that were previously packaged to discourage retail customers ordering them (495 for SIBL previously packaged etc)

We will all have to wait and see how this plays out. I think it's unfortunate that there will likely be many people with "rollover" 2022 orders who they themselves, or their dealers, end up missing re-ordering as a 2023 and this whole fiasco ends up being an exercise of "how bad do you want it" - but that's the name of the game nowadays.

Greg_in_GA

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Engine
Undecided
Jim Farley has his spreadsheets. If they say they can make 2,000 trucks a week, All he has to do is put a hard cap of 48,000 retail orders to make the six month deadline. Unless there is another surprise commodity shortage, that is.
I agree. The big mistake they made last year was allowing people to enter way too many orders so in addition to frustrating customers they lost a lot of money with price protection and special orders. All they need to do it to close the order book when they have six months worth of orders then every 90 days they can open up the order book again until they have have enough orders for the next 90 days.

In normal times times 143 days would be horrible. My memory is a bit vague but when I was a kid in the 1960s and 1970s I can remember my parents special ordering cars(which was really common back) then getting them in about 2 months. As I recall there were also lots more options available.

If they do not have enough customer orders the dealers will be glad to take any additional production.

That would also allow them to raise the price for the new orders.
Sponsored