Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, WRX Hatch, WRX Wagon
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Looking at the dudes in Searcy, they moved the stub axle plate up... gave me an idea.

Anyone looked at waterjetting some scab plates to bolt on directly?
raise the axle location on the arm without even messing with the vector springs..

Ford Maverick FWD Rear Lowering Option StubAxle_Plate

OEM perfectionists need not respond. This is minitruckin' talk.
Sponsored

Last edited:

villageidiot

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
many many in the past, none currently
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That would work, but would leave the torsion arm VERY low/close to the ground.

kinda like stacking drop blocks back in the day, those u bolts would drag speed bumps.

if the plates were thick enough could also negate some of the rear wheel “tuck” vs a wheel spacer, and could have the studs counter sunk in them to mount the stub axle, and wouldn’t have to be such a drastic lower.

I’d love a rear to match the front leveling kit.

Adospeed

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ado
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid in Shadow Black
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
RE: " OEM perfectionists need not respond. This is minitruckin' talk." Hahah........I love it. Lay it down on the frame...errr I mean unibody brotha!!! Keep us posted and don't let the OEM Divas discourage you.

OP
OP
J_Rizzers

J_Rizzers

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, WRX Hatch, WRX Wagon
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That would work, but would leave the torsion arm VERY low/close to the ground.

kinda like stacking drop blocks back in the day, those u bolts would drag speed bumps.

if the plates were thick enough could also negate some of the rear wheel “tuck” vs a wheel spacer, and could have the studs counter sunk in them to mount the stub axle, and wouldn’t have to be such a drastic lower.

I’d love a rear to match the front leveling kit.
This is a good consideration. I am fully aware I’m in minority that says “lowlife has concessions, I’m ok w/that”.
If countering the fasteners allow more of overlap against stock surface it may fulfill needs of a greater population.

HPR

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The first mav lowered with the nissan struts used normal old bronco springs in the rear. Another idea is to look into Transit Connect vectoring springs as they make lowering kits for those.

mattsteacy

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL
Hey all, given that you guys seem to be way knowledgeable in what’s already been done and what other parts might match up - would any of you have info to share on the specs/dimensions of the rear shocks on the hybrid/fwd?

I’m looking to go the other direction and get air shocks that are +/- 2 inches longer but understanding the length/specs/fasteners on either end of the stock shock seems like some common ground in learning what we can stuff in there.

Cheers for any help!

Matt
Sponsored