Sponsored

Future of Ford Maverick 2023 (AWD Hybrid)

05FordGT

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Fusion Energi(lease), 2006 Mustang GT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm hoping if they are keeping it basically the same (which is typical for the next model year following a launch of a new vehicle) that they at least offer a few new colors. I was all for Area 51 but now, if Ford offers Eruption Green, that's what I'm going to order on August 16th. 🙏
Sponsored

ychuck46

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 Supercrew w/EcoBoost engine, Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
opinions and speculation is all that we'll see. No way they'll make that change just 1 year into the vehicle lifespan. More likely to see it at a refresh, or if a full/partial full electric hybrid is made as an option.
Yeah, would agree. They can only make so many the first model year so they will be interested in just getting out to existing customers what they have. In many ways there is no reason to make a change, whether an AWD version would be attractive or not, since they sell everything that comes off the line as it is.

Redneck Garage

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.theredneckgarage.com
Vehicle(s)
10 Wrangler 22 Lexus 22 Maverick 23 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

The only reason I am holding out on buying Maverick is the small chance for a 2023 Ford Maverick hybrid with AWD. Does anyone have any inside information on if this is going to happen?

And all-wheel drive Maverick would be much easier to build than a conventional all-wheel drive. Basically they would just have to put a motor on the rear two wheels that engages up to about 45 mph similar to many of the Toyota systems. My hybrid Lexus is classified in all-wheel drive and it has two motors in the front and one in the rear.

amitabh15

First Name
Amit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mitsubishi Outlander
Maverick Hybrid AWD will come sooner than later. It’s not about what ford wants to offer. It’s the need of the market! They have to compete against Toyota, Hyundai, Kia, Honda. All of them who are pushing hybrid AWD crossovers in the market. If ford has to steal crossover buyers and lure them into a small pickup that offers similar price point, more flexibility and similar fuel economy, then an AWD hybrid is an absolute no brainer for their business! Hyundai Santa Cruz hybrid AWD will arrive in 2024 as well. Lots of market competition coming. It’s a business competition “need” and not really just a Ford “want”.

Scott Asheville

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 AWD XLT ECO LUX CP360 HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I know nothing more than any other member of this forum, because I'm not a Ford engineer or product planner. So this is my WAG.

If I were pushed to suggest a possible reason why you don't see a hybrid AWD, I'd posit it's because of engineering limitations. That hybrid battery and system takes some space. AWD systems take space. AWD + Hybrid equals even more space. Maybe there's just not enough space to fit the two systems together?

On the other hand, is there a Bronco Sport hybrid AWD? If they can do it for the Bronco Sport or Escape (same platform), then I'd assume they could do it for the Maverick.

Again, just a WAG.

Sponsored

MarcusBrody

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Transit Connect, BMW 318ti
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Go bold Ford and do a rally inspired Maverick Raptor and give it a bigger transmission with EV assist hybrid 2.3 with 375 hp. Hybrid Maverick Raptor/Rallye Sport. If it can go fast offroad and get 30-35mpg and put down 13 seconds in the 1/4 on 255/70r17s it would sell out starting a $45k.
I would buy it, but i have severe doubts that it would start at $45k

WJOHNM

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Equinox, redline. XLT,AWD,4KTOW,FX4 ,CO PILOT360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Iam sure there working on half a dozen different models including a station wagon, ST , raptor, sport, Awd hybrid, plug in, its a engineer's dream car. This vehicle is so popular and will continue to be as long as they can keep the price down. BUT what's the point if they cant get the parts to build them, I think they will be ready when the time comes that theres no more restraint's. In the mean time mine will be here in the next week or two and just praying it all goes well, its been a long 8 months for a gas vehicle loaded up.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I would buy it, but i have severe doubts that it would start at $45k
I think its about right. The raptors start right where the models usually top out.
Sponsored