nubbuchadnezzar

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Tuscon Hybrid, Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Be careful with these quick change shops. I had another vehicle with an aerodynamic under engine cover that had to be removed to change the oil. I normally do all of my own maintenance but was in a bind so I brought it to Valvoline instant oil change. A few miles after leaving I thought maybe I should check underneath to see if they replaced the cover and sure enough, NOPE. I rushed back there and the oil change tech and manager played dumb saying it was already missing. I started calling the local police and told them I would make sure they're charged with petty larceny and magically the $130 cover appeared from within the oil change pit. SCUMBAGS and I will go back to always doing my own maintenance.
Same here.
On multiple vehicles I've had 'specialty' shops (Jiffy Lube, Ken Towery, etc.) do something wrong, like break off clips on the cover causing it to come loose while driving, lose the adapter to a locking lug nut, overtighten and strip the plug on an oil pan.
I try to stick to the dealership or my own garage for maintenance. In my experience, routine oil changes and tire rotations are where various shops have caused the most harm.

tngreg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
TOTALLY looks like an insurance scam to me...they actually speed up when pulling in and ignored the attendant directions.
Scammer everywhere....hope they didn't get a nickel!!!

GaMaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Similar thing happened trying to get an alignment after doing a lift. No local businesses could do one because it wasn’t in their system.

I had to take it to Ford for the alignment, only one who had it in the system.

Sponsored

Mvancorb

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My local Ford dealer charges less than Jiffy Lube or Valvoline so I will be using my points to get my oil serviced. That is when I actually have a Maverick (hybrid ordered in August), sometime in the next 6 months hopefully.

James Smith

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford Ranger
like my dad always said, you want something done right, do it yourself. the Maverick Oil change is pretty basic with the filter sitting vertical so no mess the clean up. I have had my skid plates off twice now, I would suggest leaving the two plates assembled together. I had just noticed the two bolts to the back of the plate only require loosening. This makes the reinstall very quick and easy.

i still couldn’t figure out why Ford used blue Loctite. That was dumb, but a cordless impact made quick work for the first change.
Great tips ! Thank you for sharing that most valuable information.

SnyperX

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I say good. I won't let those clowns touch my vehicles. Sorry, not sorry.

Flomounier1

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I wouldn't let Valvoline or Jiffy Lube change the oil on my lawnmower. Everyone I've ever known that's gone to an instant lube place has had a horror story about it. One of my coworkers used to work at Jiffy lube and he told me they once put brown dye in a lady's radiator radiator fluid and then bought her outside to show how "dirty" it was and sold her a radiator flush. They don't change oil filters, they sell you synthetic oil but fill it up with recycled conventional oil, if your car takes 0w20 but the only have 10w30, they'll lie and say they used 0w20. All sorts of scams.

Out of the 20-30 Valvoline/Jiffy Lube locations near me (Los Angeles), the highest yelp review one has is 2.5/5.

Last edited:
Sponsored

ColoradoShooter

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma/Fusion
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I must be in the minority of those who change their own oil and perform basic maintenance on their vehicles. It isn’t difficult to do.

AutobahnSHO

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata, Hybrid Mav, Odyssey
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I must be in the minority of those who change their own oil and perform basic maintenance on their vehicles. It isn’t difficult to do.
Self-maintenance takes some learning, time, tools, and more than anything, a place to do it. If you are part of the many people in America who don't have a garage, it can become pretty tough. Many housing locations and public spaces won't let you do maintenance there.

I had just collected the jackstands, great tools, etc... for doing my own maintenance in my garage when I got divorced and was stuck parking on the street for a couple years.

Bob The Builder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Cherokee ** 2023 Mav FX/4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
like my dad always said, you want something done right, do it yourself. the Maverick Oil change is pretty basic with the filter sitting vertical so no mess the clean up. I have had my skid plates off twice now, I would suggest leaving the two plates assembled together. I had just noticed the two bolts to the back of the plate only require loosening. This makes the reinstall very quick and easy.

i still couldn’t figure out why Ford used blue Loctite. That was dumb, but a cordless impact made quick work for the first change.
Prolly used the blue stuff because they couldn't find the red stuff. :ROFLMAO: :D ;)

Last edited:

MrHomeGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My dealer is only 1.5 miles from my house. They offer the WORKS - oil and filter change, tire rotation and a complete check of the truck for only $44.95 and I get Ford Pass points plus the usual credit card points. Can’t beat it.
I use my Ford Dealer too. The price is fair and I like to keep it at Ford service while the vehicle is under factory warranty so there is never an issue about questionable maintenance. I have had the same issue with quick oil change places refusing to service may Raptor because of the skid plate. Rotating the tires is a must too to extend the life on any AT tire.

Rodeoman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick 2.0l Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Are the skid plates the same on both the EBs and the hybrids?
That I’m not sure, I haven’t seen a hybrid yet. you will only see the skid plates on the FX4 version.
Sponsored