Fun Fact: Valvoline Instant Oil Change won’t change the Mavericks oil

Drewtheoildropper

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Hyundai Elantra GLS
LOL, I work at a valvoline in oregon, and it not being in the system has never meant we couldnt do it. Lots of vehicles 2020 and onward are so new that we are just now getting info for them in our in-store POS. What they should have done is call the valvoline helpdesk, tell them the make, model, and year is. Then they will literally tell you how many quarts, what filter to use, and the torque for the drain plug. Really just sounds like they were being lazy to me. Im a senior technician in a valvoline and im sorry they decided to take the easy way out and act like they couldn't do the oil change :/
Sponsored

TheFDMayor

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang Mach E, 2013 Ford Mustang
Sitting at Valvoline to get my oil changed and they are saying they can’t do it until it’s in their system.

Don’t bash me for using Valvoline. It’s a fleet account so I don’t complain 😊

1A61E25A-CBE7-4D26-9C3B-5A12B0639EE2.jpeg
...they wouldn't change it in my MachE either...jerks!...

Taco

First Name
clyde
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
I was told when I ordered my Maverick hybrid that I get Free oil changes for life.
Make sure to get that in writing.. My Toyota dealer had a $20 full synthetic oil change for life.. But every time I took it in they would charge me $30 dollars.. I always had to remind them I fell under the older deal not current deal... They got me last time for $30 when I was in a hurry. I plan bringing it to their attention and getting it for $10 bucks next time..

Sponsored

Guido

First Name
Guido
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
This is probably going to come up fairly frequently. The Maverick (and a number of other cars/trucks/motorcycles) can be a pain in the a$$ to change oil, especially filters when you have necessary bash plates under the car that require removal to access.

Current vehicle oil change can not be done without a "lift".
Had mine done at Jiffylube, skid plate and all. No issues.

AeroMech21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT (Carbonized Grey)
I took mine to a Classic Lube Express here in Oregon. I brought the Fram Ultra filter and Amsoil 5w-30 to them. They didn't have it in their system but I just said its 5-1/2 quarts, here is the stuff and told them about the skid plate. They got it all done without issue here.

Zapper21

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion , 2004 Ford Ranger
My dealer is only 1.5 miles from my house. They offer the WORKS - oil and filter change, tire rotation and a complete check of the truck for only $44.95 and I get Ford Pass points plus the usual credit card points. Can’t beat it.
I agree, If Ford does it, should be no issues if warranty work needed, they got the records.

BDennis

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion, E450 Leprechaun
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I agree, If Ford does it, should be no issues if warranty work needed, they got the records.
Just upload images of your receipts into your Ford Pass account so you have digital copy and so does Ford. You can do the same when you change your own, upload copies of your receipts as proof.

Nightowl

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Never take your car to a place for maintenance that has employees that are interchangeable with those at a fast food business.
You didn't have to go there. Both occupations require special skills.

Sponsored

Larrythelunatic

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 Toyota Pickup. 22 IS hybrid Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

like my dad always said, you want something done right, do it yourself. the Maverick Oil change is pretty basic with the filter sitting vertical so no mess the clean up. I have had my skid plates off twice now, I would suggest leaving the two plates assembled together. I had just noticed the two bolts to the back of the plate only require loosening. This makes the reinstall very quick and easy.

i still couldn’t figure out why Ford used blue Loctite. That was dumb, but a cordless impact made quick work for the first change.
Are the skid plates the same on both the EBs and the hybrids?

JennyJoannSuebeeMcNash

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford F150 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Won't bother with places like this anyway, particularly after my husband's last experience when he went in. They told him his radiator was leaking due to huge amounts of water coming from underneath his truck, so they couldn't work on it. He took his truck to Pep Boys, who changed his oil and said the radiator was fine. The water? Had parked directly in front of one of the sprinklers over night not realizing it, and it was simply dripping from everywhere. Geez...

Neville Longbottom

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sitting at Valvoline to get my oil changed and they are saying they can’t do it until it’s in their system.

Don’t bash me for using Valvoline. It’s a fleet account so I don’t complain 😊

1A61E25A-CBE7-4D26-9C3B-5A12B0639EE2.jpeg
If it's a hybrid watch for the engine light to come on after going to a place like that. My Prius got about half a quart too much a couple times. Jiffy Lube had to get the engine steam cleaned twice to fix the error.

BlueSnake77

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Ecoboost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

The whole problem is at those instant oil change places is that they will overfill your oil. You can't just be driving your car around, pull it into the bay and do a quick change. Right after the engine is shut off, it takes a while for all the oil to drain from the top of the engine back into the oil pan. You can't just shut the car off, drain the oil, and put the recommended amount back in just like that. There will still be some of the old oil in the engine that didn't make it back into the pan. I used Valvoline a few times back in the day. But I would always have to check the oil level as soon as I got home. Sometimes I would have to drain out some oil using airline tubing for fish tank air pumps. Then one time they dumped about 1/2 a quart of oil right down the side of the engine over the exhaust manifold. Nice burnt oil smell for a few days. At least if the dealer screws it up, it is on them.
Sponsored