Fun Fact: Valvoline Instant Oil Change won’t change the Mavericks oil

sZedely

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lariat 4x4, Escape SE FWD
Just watch out with the getting a oil change outside ford service center. I had my warranty voided because I got a oil change at Jiffy Lube. A spark plug blew out underneath the firewall of my Expedition and Ford Corporate said that some one must have loosened it at Jiffy. It was $1500 repair. Up to that point all services had been done by the dealer. My downfall was the sticker on the windshield. Be careful while under warranty.
Ford corporate based that on conjecture? Else, did you happen to have other service work done at Jiffy Lube. With digital records, if all you paid for on the vehicle was oil changes, then you could undisputedly prove that they were never hired to touch your engine for any other service than the oil. In which case they would have to pay under warranty.
Sponsored

KenJ45

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT 2.0L Ecoboost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You should never get your oil change anywhere that advertises how fast it is anyway. Unless you're ok with them leaving like a quart or more of old oil in your car after the oil change is done...

Turtle

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The dealer is cheaper, keeps warranty intact and checks othe vital components plus checks for any TSB’s. Valvoline, Mobil one express an jiffy lube are run by idiots with no liability insurance, BAD MOVE !!!!

TheGriffin1313

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mongo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mav, 05 M3, 07GSXR
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I would never trust a new car with these jiffy jibs. Old car with 100k plus in a car you really don’t care. Sure.
Hacks work there especially if they are busy.

Exiwolf

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Serge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Avoid easy lube or anyplace that just do oil change, most places only use one oil and charge for name brands, not correct filters etc.
Not saving money if not done correctly.

Sponsored

Samus L. Jackson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I started taking my vehicle to a local mechanic just a few blocks away, for maintenance, annual inspections, and oil changes. They seem to be honest, good folk. I imagine I'll keep going to them if I ever get my Maverick.

flashfearless

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mav Lariat Hybrid,2014 Ford Edge Limited
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I follow Ford Boss Me on YouTube. He's a Ford master mechanic. Some takeaways from his many videos on the subject of oil changes:

• Those of you with EB will want to go no more than 5K miles between oil changes due to other liquids (gas and water) diluting the oil over time. He claims if you wait a long time (especially with the 1.5L, you will smell a strong odor of gas in the oil.
  • The best oil that he has had lab tested after oil changes is Royal Purple
  • The best oil filter to use is Ford Racing oil filter
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpTWZMB6wLBIuXkHkWUPQ2w/videos
Sponsored