First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sitting at Valvoline to get my oil changed and they are saying they can’t do it until it’s in their system.

Don’t bash me for using Valvoline. It’s a fleet account so I don’t complain 😊

Ford Maverick Fun Fact: Valvoline Instant Oil Change won’t change the Mavericks oil 1A61E25A-CBE7-4D26-9C3B-5A12B0639EE2
Sponsored

Edge Haley

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Edge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PORSCHE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This is probably going to come up fairly frequently. The Maverick (and a number of other cars/trucks/motorcycles) can be a pain in the a$$ to change oil, especially filters when you have necessary bash plates under the car that require removal to access.

Current vehicle/mid engine, oil change can not be done without a "lift".

Last edited:

dgnx6

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sitting at Valvoline to get my oil changed and they are saying they can’t do it until it’s in their system.
Don’t bash me for using Valvoline. It’s a fleet account so I don’t complain 😊
1A61E25A-CBE7-4D26-9C3B-5A12B0639EE2.jpeg

Happens with newer vehicles. They may have never changed one yet and dont feel comfortable winging it even if you told them what filter, type oil and how much is needed.

Im getting the FX4 so im assuming most of mine will be done at the dealer because any quick oil change place isnt going to want to take my skid plates off.

Edge Haley

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Edge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PORSCHE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No doubt, I developed JiffyLubs software, and yes they have a link to a video for "step by step how to do", and list of tools" all approved oil changes that employees can do. All companies servicing and doing product support for the Maverick are in a learning curve.

Edit: With all the training available, I still take all my vehicles to a private shop and/show and watch their work until I'm convinced, I/they know what they're doing. 2 of the 3 vehicles I currently have require a lift to change oil and filter. Fortunately Hybrids will need maybe one oil change a year.

Last edited:

Sponsored

FakeCowboy

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Subaru WRX
Be careful with these quick change shops. I had another vehicle with an aerodynamic under engine cover that had to be removed to change the oil. I normally do all of my own maintenance but was in a bind so I brought it to Valvoline instant oil change. A few miles after leaving I thought maybe I should check underneath to see if they replaced the cover and sure enough, NOPE. I rushed back there and the oil change tech and manager played dumb saying it was already missing. I started calling the local police and told them I would make sure they're charged with petty larceny and magically the $130 cover appeared from within the oil change pit. SCUMBAGS and I will go back to always doing my own maintenance.

Rodeoman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick 2.0l Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I had the exact same experience at Jiffy Lube.
like my dad always said, you want something done right, do it yourself. the Maverick Oil change is pretty basic with the filter sitting vertical so no mess the clean up. I have had my skid plates off twice now, I would suggest leaving the two plates assembled together. I had just noticed the two bolts to the back of the plate only require loosening. This makes the reinstall very quick and easy.

i still couldn’t figure out why Ford used blue Loctite. That was dumb, but a cordless impact made quick work for the first change.

Turtle

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My dealer is only 1.5 miles from my house. They offer the WORKS - oil and filter change, tire rotation and a complete check of the truck for only $44.95 and I get Ford Pass points plus the usual credit card points. Can’t beat it.

Sponsored

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Engine
Undecided
Same thing happened when we purchased our 2009 Pontiac Vibe in the summer of 2008. I tried to get the oil changed at a few local places and they told me they couldn't because it wasn't in their system. Then I tried to go to the local parts places like Autozone and they told me the same thing. No filter; not in the system yet.

Finally as a last resort I called the Pontiac dealer to schedule an oil change. Guess what? "Sorry not in our system yet. We aren't sure what filter to use"........:rolleyes:

bgn

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Last time I was there, they stripped a bolt on someone else's vehicle with a skid plate and didn't change that customer's filter. Bet you they didn't mention anything to the customer.

I will not be going there for my Maverick or any quick lube due to the skid plate.

IwannaMav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 XL Ecoboost Fwd
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I went to one of those quick changes places once. They would not change my oil because they said they did not know the torque specs for the drain plug. Never went to another one. I service all my vehicles now.
Sponsored