Full Tank of Gas from Dealer

Suzukiridr14

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1956 THunderbird , 2016 Acura MDX (Wifes car)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

A full tank of fuel is included in the cost of the vehicle. There is a line item specifically for fuel.
My dealer is charging me $44.40 fuel charge on the Preview order, also $30 for Advertising Assessment whatever that is, $75 at this point, is no deal breaker.
Sponsored

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My dealer is charging me $44.40 fuel charge on the Preview order, also $30 for Advertising Assessment whatever that is, $75 at this point, is no deal breaker.
Those should be lines items for their invoice, it should be $0 on your end. You will see it on a couple different sheets but they won’t effect the MSRP.

Last edited:

Doug Wildman

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tesla Model 3, 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was with my salesman at the gas station. He wanted to do me a favor and fill the hybrid with 93 octane premium. I told him I don’t believe the hybrid was supposed to run premium and I settled for 89 octane mid grade.

GreenLady

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeannette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-250 Diesel, 1968 Cadillac Eldorado
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hopefully the preview order will stand and they won’t have a surprise ADM🤞🏻

Jah.

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jah.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick xlt fx4 , Honda 700 ctx mc
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Dealer filled up when I took delivery .

Sponsored

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, EB, LUX, FX4, 4K, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Yes. And even a lot of used cars can be had with a full tank. It's a weird incentive that can help move a car when the customer is on the fence.
I recently took my son to a local dealer where he purchased a 2012 Chevrolet Cruze. Was pleasantly surprised they filled the tank for him before he took delivery.

sZedely

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lariat 4x4, Escape SE FWD
I was with my salesman at the gas station. He wanted to do me a favor and fill the hybrid with 93 octane premium. I told him I don’t believe the hybrid was supposed to run premium and I settled for 89 octane mid grade.
Per the 2022 Ford Maverick Manual:
"Your vehicle operates on regular unleaded gasoline with a minimum pump (R+M)/2 octane rating of 87.
Some fuel stations, particularly those in high altitude areas, offer fuels posted as regular unleaded gasoline with an octane rating below 87. The use of these fuels could result in engine damage that will not be covered by the vehicle Warranty.
For best overall vehicle and engine performance, premium fuel with an octane rating of 91 or higher is recommended. The performance gained by using premium fuel is most noticeable in hot weather as well as other conditions, for example when towing a trailer."

The vehicle will run on a minimum octane rating of 87 (R+M)/2, but it is usually recommended to run higher. The calibrations for vehicles are designed for 87 octane since most people won't pony up for the 91/93 octane when required to do so. This will result in detonation issues and cause severe damage to your engine. Which is why the auto manufactures realized this and made the calibrations "safe" to run a lower octane level. Please note that you are usually always able to run a higher octane level without issue. It's the other way around that causes problem.

Also, while we are on the subject of fuel. Premium fuel does not mean that it cleans your engine better than regular. That is dependent on the particular brand you are buying and their formulation of detergents used in all of their fuels. This is why you want to always purchase a Top Tier fuel.

See link: TOP TIER™ Detergent Gasoline Brands

Sykotyk

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Per the 2022 Ford Maverick Manual:
"Your vehicle operates on regular unleaded gasoline with a minimum pump (R+M)/2 octane rating of 87.
Some fuel stations, particularly those in high altitude areas, offer fuels posted as regular unleaded gasoline with an octane rating below 87. The use of these fuels could result in engine damage that will not be covered by the vehicle Warranty.
For best overall vehicle and engine performance, premium fuel with an octane rating of 91 or higher is recommended. The performance gained by using premium fuel is most noticeable in hot weather as well as other conditions, for example when towing a trailer."

The vehicle will run on a minimum octane rating of 87 (R+M)/2, but it is usually recommended to run higher. The calibrations for vehicles are designed for 87 octane since most people won't pony up for the 91/93 octane when required to do so. This will result in detonation issues and cause severe damage to your engine. Which is why the auto manufactures realized this and made the calibrations "safe" to run a lower octane level. Please note that you are usually always able to run a higher octane level without issue. It's the other way around that causes problem.

Also, while we are on the subject of fuel. Premium fuel does not mean that it cleans your engine better than regular. That is dependent on the particular brand you are buying and their formulation of detergents used in all of their fuels. This is why you want to always purchase a Top Tier fuel.

See link: TOP TIER™ Detergent Gasoline Brands
If you run 86 at lower elevations, yes. However at higher elevations the fuel to air mixture thanks to the thinner atmosphere means you're running rich. So lower octane isn't necessarily bad. The reason for the restriction is the chance some penny pincher passing through mountains will get the cheaper gas, and immediately run it around lower elevations for the rest of the tank. So it's easier to just prohibit it in general when it comes 86 to idiot proof their liability.

sZedely

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lariat 4x4, Escape SE FWD
If you run 86 at lower elevations, yes. However at higher elevations the fuel to air mixture thanks to the thinner atmosphere means you're running rich. So lower octane isn't necessarily bad. The reason for the restriction is the chance some penny pincher passing through mountains will get the cheaper gas, and immediately run it around lower elevations for the rest of the tank. So it's easier to just prohibit it in general when it comes 86 to idiot proof their liability.
Kind of true. If you are NA (naturally aspirated) and under low load, then the lower octane levels are still ok. But if you have higher loads and/or have an engine that is forced induction, then utilization of higher octane is still proven to be needed. This is especially true when you come down from the hills into the lower elevation areas. People will use the lower octane gasoline in the mountainous areas and then come down to near ocean levels while hauling a load, causing severe detonation issues.

Long story short and my point earlier still remains true; 87 Octane level is a minimum and it will not hurt you engine to run 91/93. The damage comes from running too low of an octane level. So it is better to be safe than sorry. If towing/hauling a heavy load with a forced induction motor during the summer time, it is strongly recommended to run the higher octane gasoline.

The only caveat to running premium gasoline in vehicles that aren't forced induction or calibrated specifically for it, is that you may not see the true potential from running it. Thus, costing you more money per mile.

Sponsored

RBElectrical

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 3500
They put $50 in which was 3/4 tank. I got the truck for 3K under sticker so I can't complain.

cavemold

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022 Eco 2.0
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
yes never seen someone not get full tank of gas even at mom and pop shops

Maverick&Goose

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 F350
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I had a full tank when I picked up 5 weeks ago. I was shocked too that they didn't charge plus I get an A-Plan deal (employee pricing).

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid