AzCactusGray

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C5, SC430, 67XKE, 08 XJR, 78 F250, 22 Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Okay waiting since July of last year, and three reschedules after I was given a build date in January... My Maverick is now in production! Hooray!
So my question, the full size spare tire, is it's the same tire that comes on the vehicle, is it matching? What about its rim, does it match the four other rims?
Sponsored

Rip

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
avalon, tundra
It is an off brand tire on a steelie. Unfortunately, found that it works fine. Big nail just over 100 mile mark.

LeersMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Maximus GP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PriusV, Sonata PHEV, F-50 Mavrick Lariat Hybrid FE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It is an off brand tire on a steelie. Unfortunately, found that it works fine. Big nail just over 100 mile mark.
Just sharing a pic. Sorry about that big nail.

Ford Maverick Full size spare tire, Matching? MavFullSizeSpar

OP
OP

AzCactusGray

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thank you! I just got a hold of my dealer and let them know it was in production and I tried to be proactive so they wouldn't add all kinds of worthless extra crap like Vin etching, fabric protector, and the never needed nitrogen.... But I went ahead and threw them a bone, said hey how much would it cost to get a matching rim and tire as as a spare, and they're going to get back with me. Of course there is now the question of will a matching rim and tire fit in the spare tire holder...
The nail sucks, hopefully it's fixable. Thanks for getting back with me, greatly appreciated.

LeersMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Maximus GP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PriusV, Sonata PHEV, F-50 Mavrick Lariat Hybrid FE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thank you! I just got a hold of my dealer and let them know it was in production and I tried to be proactive so they wouldn't add all kinds of worthless extra crap like Vin etching, fabric protector, and the never needed nitrogen.... But I went ahead and threw them a bone, said hey how much would it cost to get a matching rim and tire as as a spare, and they're going to get back with me. Of course there is now the question of will a matching rim and tire fit in the spare tire holder...
The nail sucks, hopefully it's fixable. Thanks for getting back with me, greatly appreciated.
I believe the steel while and tire come from the base model. The rim looks the same, tire may be different is all.

Sponsored

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
According to earlier postings, the matching tire will fit.

The ‘full sized’ spare tire is not the same size as the other four.

Brian_J

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 R6, HPR Maverick AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
According to earlier postings, the matching tire will fit.

The ‘full sized’ spare tire is not the same size as the other four.
Ford Maverick Full size spare tire, Matching? C78CED78-D190-46E2-B273-662BCAB432F5
Sizing on full sized spare option/waste

oldfatguy

First Name
tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997ranger 2006 fusion 2001 bmw330ci 2004.5w3500
for what its worth the full size spare is 1.3 in shorter than the normal tire ,my truck is AWD and want the ability to drive for a extended time if use the spare so i switched the tire for the correct size and it fits under the truck fine , the 225 65 17 is pretty common and can be found used fairly easily ,the full size spare is a fairly cheap and flimsy, that being said flats are fairly rare

OP
OP

AzCactusGray

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Great info, thank you. I will probably go that route, having a matching tire put on the steely.

Sponsored

Portcqb

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Lux 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Depending on the rims you have they are close to 1200 from Ford parts without the tire

OP
OP

AzCactusGray

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I got the shiny ones for my Maverick Lariat, I'm old enough that I still like shiny stuff. I know it's not cool nowadays and I really don't care, I like shiny. Yeah there's no chance I'm spending $1200 on one rim, they're not that nice of rims. I'll put a full size tire that matches the other four on the steely and I'll just wait because eventually that $1200 rim will show up in the salvage yard for cheap. There is not going to be a huge demand for those rims over time.

bgn

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

If you want a fullsize spare that will fit, get the Unique 83 steel wheel for $100 and toss a tire on it. I run it with a 245/65R17 tire.

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
for what its worth the full size spare is 1.3 in shorter than the normal tire ,my truck is AWD and want the ability to drive for a extended time if use the spare so i switched the tire for the correct size and it fits under the truck fine , the 225 65 17 is pretty common and can be found used fairly easily ,the full size spare is a fairly cheap and flimsy, that being said flats are fairly rare
My plan is to put the cheapest 225/65/17 I can find on the spare. It would suck to blow a tire when towing and have to deal with an off sized spare.
Sponsored