First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 R6, HPR Maverick AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Picked my maverick up today from having the tank replaced. Since it had 1/2 tank, I filled it up to make sure all was good with the install. Glad I did as the fuel gauge didn’t go up and the miles to E didn’t change.
Tank needs to come out to access the sending unit. Driveshaft needs to come off again to access the fuel tank. 1 time use bolts need ordered to reinstall the driveshaft. I’m sure they’ll get it figured out. I’m the first maverick tank recall they have performed and something didn’t go right.
I guess the bright side is that I get to drive my truck for a few days to use some fuel up while we wait for parts. Oh! And I saw my 4th maverick in the wild! White!
Sponsored

Hammer

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 VW GTI
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Picked my maverick up today from having the tank replaced. Since it had 1/2 tank, I filled it up to make sure all was good with the install. Glad I did as the fuel gauge didn’t go up and the miles to E didn’t change.
Tank needs to come out to access the sending unit. Driveshaft needs to come off again to access the fuel tank. 1 time use bolts need ordered to reinstall the driveshaft. I’m sure they’ll get it figured out. I’m the first maverick tank recall they have performed and something didn’t go right.
I guess the bright side is that I get to drive my truck for a few days to use some fuel up while we wait for parts. Oh! And I saw my 4th maverick in the wild! White!

I have my fuel tank recall service appt scheduled for Monday. Really not looking forward to it after reading your post and several other threads where issues have come as a result of this recall being performed… fingers crossed.

OP
OP
Brian_J

Brian_J

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Interesting update…

pulled out of the driveway today to head to the dealer and drop the truck off. Made it 30’ down the road before it sputtered and died. Walked home and got the garage gas (~2gal), put that in. Still won’t fire up. So now I’m on the side of the road 4 houses away from mine waiting on roadside service to tow me to the dealer 2 miles away…

24/7 roadside service thru the FordPass app works well enough. I got scheduled and updated very quickly. Tow truck driver called me to give me an updated eta even.
Interested to see what they find…

OP
OP
Brian_J

Brian_J

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Picked up from the dealer today. They said the fuel level sensor was stuck. They pulled the tank and adjusted the sensor and added fuel to it to make sure it moved (it did). I topped the tank off myself (2gals) and everything appears ok.
No idea what caused it to sputter and die on the way to the dealer. They said the truck started up for them and they could not replicate the problem. I’m hoping it’s related to the stick level sensor.

Does anyone happen to know when the pricing on extended warranties through flood ford goes up? It appears to be shortly after 12mos/ 12,000 miles. I asked the service writer today if the ford warranty includes roadside assistance, and he said yes. Still thinking about buying it…

Sponsored

Hammer

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 VW GTI
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Picked up from the dealer today. They said the fuel level sensor was stuck. They pulled the tank and adjusted the sensor and added fuel to it to make sure it moved (it did). I topped the tank off myself (2gals) and everything appears ok.
No idea what caused it to sputter and die on the way to the dealer. They said the truck started up for them and they could not replicate the problem. I’m hoping it’s related to the stick level sensor.

Does anyone happen to know when the pricing on extended warranties through flood ford goes up? It appears to be shortly after 12mos/ 12,000 miles. I asked the service writer today if the ford warranty includes roadside assistance, and he said yes. Still thinking about buying it…

Fuel tank recall completed 2 weeks ago and I just noticed problem tonight with my fuel gauge. I showed 1/4 tank and stopped at station to fill up. Found it odd that it only took 7.9 gallons to fill tank when 1/4 tank should have required around 12 gallons. After fill up I. noticed my fuel gauge did not register as full. Uuugghh. Looks like I may have similar issue with fuel level sensor.

Ford Maverick Fuel level sending unit… 8F7D0B43-59CE-44B5-8B44-41C7E3D0DB1C

OP
OP
Brian_J

Brian_J

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Fuel tank recall completed 2 weeks ago and I just noticed problem tonight with my fuel gauge. I showed 1/4 tank and stopped at station to fill up. Found it odd that it only took 7.9 gallons to fill tank when 1/4 tank should have required around 12 gallons. After fill up I. noticed my fuel gauge did not register as full. Uuugghh. Looks like I may have similar issue with fuel level sensor.

8F7D0B43-59CE-44B5-8B44-41C7E3D0DB1C.jpeg
Bummer. if the gauge isn't moving fast enough for the computer, it'll set a cel. took mine about 2.5 days and 80 miles for the cel to set. they never figured out why it died and wouldn't start, but I'm guessing it was related to this somehow. I'd recommend trying to get it into the dealer sooner than later. just in case, read up on how to shift into neutral, just in case, as you cant do it if the truck is off.

Keep the collective updated!

Hammer

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 VW GTI
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Bummer. if the gauge isn't moving fast enough for the computer, it'll set a cel. took mine about 2.5 days and 80 miles for the cel to set. they never figured out why it died and wouldn't start, but I'm guessing it was related to this somehow. I'd recommend trying to get it into the dealer sooner than later. just in case, read up on how to shift into neutral, just in case, as you cant do it if the truck is off.

Thanks for the advice. I’ll update with news.

Turtle

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Flood has all the prices on their website.

OP
OP
Brian_J

Brian_J

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Flood has all the prices on their website.
yes they do. my question was when EXACTLY does the price increase based on age and/or mileage, so i know how long i have to decide if id like to purchase an extended warranty.

Sponsored

Hammer

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 VW GTI
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

I had service appt yesterday and dropped off at dealer. Dealer service called me later in the day and said they could not find anything wrong. I told them to fill the tank with gas and get back to me with the results. They did so and called back later to say the fuel tank sending unit was bad and they are on backorder and will likely be a few weeks to get one in. I was able to pick up the Mav and will bring back whenever the replacement FTS unit arrives.

Hammer

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 VW GTI
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I had service appt yesterday and dropped off at dealer. Dealer service called me later in the day and said they could not find anything wrong. I told them to fill the tank with gas and get back to me with the results. They did so and called back later to say the fuel tank sending unit was bad and they are on backorder and will likely be a few weeks to get one in. I was able to pick up the Mav and will bring back whenever the replacement FTS unit arrives.
Update….. Dropped off Mav yesterday for install of new fuel sending unit. Dealer called late in day and said there is a problem with the new sending unit and it’s not working correctly. They have to order another one but it’s again on backorder. Dealer guesstimate it will be at least a week. I am able to pick up vehicle and drive in the mean time. My next appointment to get this part installed will be my 4th visit to the dealer all related to the original visit for fuel tank recall. This is getting a little frustrating to say the least.

Hammer

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 VW GTI
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Update….. Dropped off Mav yesterday for install of new fuel sending unit. Dealer called late in day and said there is a problem with the new sending unit and it’s not working correctly. They have to order another one but it’s again on backorder. Dealer guesstimate it will be at least a week. I am able to pick up vehicle and drive in the mean time. My next appointment to get this part installed will be my 4th visit to the dealer all related to the original visit for fuel tank recall. This is getting a little frustrating to say the least.
New update… picked up Mav from dealer this morning and received new info from service advisor that they did not install a new fuel sending unit. The part had never come in from the fist order and is still on backorder, and so the service visit was an entire waist of time. Somehow they screwed up and called me to schedule appointment to have it installed when they had actually never received the part. I will be requesting a
free oil change on next visit to compensate for time and expense waisted.

Hammer

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 VW GTI
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
New update… picked up Mav from dealer this morning and received new info from service advisor that they did not install a new fuel sending unit. The part had never come in from the fist order and is still on backorder, and so the service visit was an entire waist of time. Somehow they screwed up and called me to schedule appointment to have it installed when they had actually never received the part. I will be requesting a
free oil change on next visit to compensate for time and expense waisted.
So I had the new fuel tank sending unit replaced on Aug 15th. The service advisor said the gauge is not accurate after they completed the work but it should start working correctly after several fill-ups with gas. That sounded like BS, but I didn’t object and relented to play along. After several fill-ups with gas the fuel gauge still doesn’t work correctly. I contacted the service department 9 days ago and they told me they were going to contact Ford and get back to me. I left a follow-up voicemail yesterday but still have not heard anything back. Happy Days.
Sponsored