Sponsored

Fuel Fill-Up. I stopped filling on first click shut off but fuel gauge is showing only 15/16 full

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I filled up even though I still had 1/2 a tank left because I was at Sam's and their gas was at $2.769 per gallon which is 20 cents cheaper than other stations near me. I only shop at Sam's about every two months.

I had the pump on auto and at the lowest notch for slower filling. I stopped filling when it first clicked off.

Driving away I saw the the fuel gauge was only showing 15/16 of a tank and not at the full mark. When I got my Maverick from the dealership they had filled it and it was at the full mark.

Have anyone else experienced the same: Fill-Up stopping at first click shut off but fuel gauge not showing full?

Ford Maverick Fuel Fill-Up. I stopped filling on first click shut off but fuel gauge is showing only 15/16 full Fuel Gauge.JPG
Sponsored

BILLNOROVILLE

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
prius, Hybrid XLT, Honda 1100Rebel, 2) Hawk 650NT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Some pumps shut off differently. I would rather it stop than pour gas down the side of my truck.

KimTexas

First Name
Berly Ann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid - 🌵 Grey
My first fill up was last night. It held 13.64 gallons, still had about 27 miles to go and the gauge said 487 miles to empty, it was at the full line

OXHB619

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL EB 2.0
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Some pumps shut off differently. I would rather it stop than pour gas down the side of my truck.
This actually happened to me 10 years ago or so, at least gas was cheaper. I left the pump to go buy a drink inside and when I came out gas was pouring everywhere. They said it was my fault for walking away from the pump. Lesson learned. 2-3 gallons on the ground by the time I came back out.
Sponsored