NedF

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Was a '23 now a '24 Lariat Lux
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
…The heated wiper park required the Luxury Packages (XLT or Lariat) for 2022-23MY and has been discontinued for 2024 MY.

Unless windshield wiper de-icer is something different it is still listed in the Lariat package for My24.

Ford Maverick Fuel door ? IMG_4409
Sponsored

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD 😉
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Last edited:

NedF

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Was a '23 now a '24 Lariat Lux
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

The pressurized tank is all about the ability to monitor emissions. It has nothing to do with comfort, convenience, or making the engine run.

It's advertised as "zero evaporative emissions". To claim that, it has to be air tight. To prove it's air tight, they add a little pressure. If it holds overnight, the tank is air tight. If it does not hold you get a check engine light.

Waterick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
, seeRichard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Maverick Lariat, '14 Prius, '83 Mustang 5.0 co
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I realize the EB doesn't have the pressurized tank, but they could have at least given it a locking cover. I've never owned a vehicle that didn't have a locking cover, even the oldest car I drove from the 70s had one. 👌
All my prior Fords from '78, '83, '87 and 2001 never had a lock on the Fuel door. I don't know when or if they ever did/do. I do know that I can not siphon gas from my 2001 Ranger, it's obstruted.

Sponsored

icegradner

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Well that’s a slight disappointment, but I will get over it. We get more rain than snow and ice on the Wet Coast of Canada!
As a fellow Canadian wet coaster, with a Maverick with that feature, I can tell you the heating element doesn't do much with snow. With frost it helps and it also helps keep ice from forming on the wipers while you are driving. Nice, but nowhere near as nice as the much more important heated steering wheel and seats in the lux package.

Skyline

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Skyline
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
All you need to do is push a plastic funnel into it, Ford even provides one behind the back seat of the truck. :ROFLMAO:
The fuel check valve is easy to push in. as long it is hard like the funnel. If it is soft, flexible hose, the check valve could prevent it from pulling it out. Once the check valve passed, then there is a blockage for the hose to prevent reaching the fuel tank:

While Ford claims that the check valve and the blockage temper proof, not much is, like this video shows:

Yeah, cutting the fuel line, or drilling the fuel tank seems easier, like others suggested...

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

The fuel check valve is easy to push in. as long it is hard like the funnel. If it is soft, flexible hose, the check valve could prevent it from pulling it out. Once the check valve passed, then there is a blockage for the hose to prevent reaching the fuel tank:

While Ford claims that the check valve and the blockage temper proof, not much is, like this video shows:
Yeah, cutting the fuel line, or drilling the fuel tank seems easier, like others suggested...
Get that off of here.
No need to advertise.

Last edited:

Old Man

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I realize the EB doesn't have the pressurized tank, but they could have at least given it a locking cover. I've never owned a vehicle that didn't have a locking cover, even the oldest car I drove from the 70s had one. 👌
I've had 35 cars since 1969 and none had a locking cover.

RichardCranium

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick XL 2.0 AWD 4K CP360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The pressurized tank is all about the ability to monitor emissions. It has nothing to do with comfort, convenience, or making the engine run.

It's advertised as "zero evaporative emissions". To claim that, it has to be air tight. To prove it's air tight, they add a little pressure. If it holds overnight, the tank is air tight. If it does not hold you get a check engine light.
Why use pressure instead of vacuum like non hybrids? I am assuming that it has something to do with the engine not running to create the vacuum, but Is that the reason?

Sponsored

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Why use pressure instead of vacuum like non hybrids? I am assuming that it has something to do with the engine not running to create the vacuum, but Is that the reason?
How would you keep vacuum in a parked vehicle? Gasoline naturally creates pressure. 💡

RichardCranium

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
How would you keep vacuum in a parked vehicle? Gasoline naturally creates pressure. 💡
Non hybrid vehicles check for leaks using vacuum, they don’t run the test overnight. It is a system monitor. One of the many monitors a car needs to have passed in order to pass emission tests in California is the Evap system test which checks for air leaks in the fuel system by using vacuum. ICE engines create vacuum when running and so the system uses that vacuum, but diesel engines do not create as much vacuum so many older (not sure if they still do) diesel cars had vacuum pumps to run things that used vacuum like early cruise control and power brakes. I was under the impression that hybrids used vacuum pumps as well because the ICE engines are not running all the time. So I was wondering why they no longer used a vacuum test to check for leaks.

RichardCranium

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Speculating here, but here's some of the basic science of it. In nature, everything wants to equalize pressure, between different mediums and vessels. Looking at a pressurized fuel tank, we can see that the contents of the tank are pushing out, trying to escape. The tank, of course, is designed for this so it is able to hold that pressure in. In the process, this would prevent outside air from finding its way into the tank, bringing in oxygen, water, etc. which can degrade the stored gasoline.
So the pressure is to help gasoline longevity? And since the system is pressurized, they use pressure to test the evap system instead of vacuum? Thanks.

Senior Master Ford Guy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Ranger, 04 and 18 Escape, 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yea makes no sense why there is no push release in the EB's too.

Look at that fuel door wrong and it's going to pop open on you.
It's a trade off, "locking" electronic release gas door on hybrid, more space under back seat on the ecoboost(no battery under seat). lol

Reconditioner

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Because it is pressurized, it needs to have a release mechanism. Which is why the hybrid has a timed lock where it will not open the door until the tank is de-pressurized. Unless you prefer someone spraying fuel/fumes all over themselves by opening the pressurized fuel filler neck while the tank is still under pressure?
Thank you. Makes it clear.
Sponsored