Sponsored

From what are you coming from?

From what type of vehicle are you coming from to the Maverick?

• Car/CRV

• Truck/pickup

• SUV

• Other(let us know!)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Jmav2152

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Mav, 15' KTM 1190 ADV R, 19' Husq TE250i
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just curious to see. It feels like expectations of the Maverick can vary based on what you drove previously.

Edit: for myself in order
06 GMC Sierra 1500 (single cab)
07 mustang GT
1997 F350 CCLB 7.3
1986 4runner (rock crawler but was a daily for a bit)
2003 F350 CCLB 6.0
2013 F150 XLT with the 5.0
2017 Outback limited(current ride)

I have had trucks for the majority of the time. I do enjoy my current outback and seeing how the Maverick is pretty much a outback with a bed and a more trucking interior it just seems like something I'm going to be very familiar with and comfortable in. Along with relatively better efficiency than my current outback and more utility with the bed. It's also fairly affordable even for a loaded trim model.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

You are missing SUVs and vans. Our Maverick will replace our 96 Bronco with a blown head gasket and our rusty but trusty 93 V8 Jeep ZJ. It will be our comfy cruiser town vehicle. Never had something with AC. Should be fun. It will serve well right next to our 1980 AMC Eagle we are building.

ColoradoRed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Iā€™m coming from a Mazda6. Itā€™s a good time to sell and Iā€™m happy to be getting a vehicle that can tow, and has awd for the snow. From my test drive the driving dynamics were pretty similar, but weā€™ll see how it feels when I add a lift and some bigger tires!

RonR1959

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The hybrid Maverick XL is a second vehicle I purchased for myself, so it's not replacing any vehicle. I needed something to get around town for errands, doctor's appts, and pleasure. My wife and I shared a 2020 Hyundai Santa Fe until a month ago. In comparison, I'd say the Maverick doesn't drive like a truck, but more like an SUV. The Maverick and Santa Fe had almost identical footprints for height, length and width. We have since sold the Santa Fe to CarGurus and I purchased my wife a 2022 Escape SE hybrid. I'd say the Escape drives differently than the Maverick though.

B_kiz

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 maverick XLT white
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
No option for SUVs! I traded in my beloved Jeep wrangler, she was getting older and was too thirsty for today's gas prices. I love my mav but it's in reality just a place holder until gas prices come down and I order a bronco šŸ™‚

If only they made a Maverick with removable doors šŸ˜

Sponsored

KCHahn

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently drive a 2001 Ford Range Edge 2WD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Coming from a 2001 Ranger. It'll be a family back up
vehicle, if anyone needs to borrow it. Can also take it
in and get a few more needed repairs done, and still
have a way to get around.

T McG

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13- Kia Optima
05- Toyota Avalon
04- Nissan Pathfinder
64- Chevelle SS
66- Chevelle
74- VW Superbeetle

MikeInFla

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Ranger, 2016 VW Passat, 2017 VW Beetle
2000 Ford Ranger. It has seen better days and is barely hanging on. Luckily I only live 2-3 miles from work. Over the past 5 years I have been planning on replacing it but my wife needed a new vehicle as did my college age daughter. I did not want 3 car payments so I have been holding off. Luckily, my wife's car will be paid off in April so that opens up a "slot" for me. Problem is getting a Maverick as I did not order until the Jan cut off date so I may never see it but I do not mind to wait it out as long as the Ranger keeps getting me where I need to go. It's really inconvenient to have a 2 seater and I have been wanting a mid-sized 4 door truck for a while. I was originally excited when the Ranger redesign was released but discouraged by the high price.

So I keep my fingers crossed that I somehow get a production date but I am not very confident. I can just keep waiting it out. My original plan was to keep paying myself my wife's car payment once it is paid for so I will never get "used" to the money. Saving = bigger down payment.

Pacman

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜06 Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
2018 Tacoma DB Cab 4x4. I love Tacomas, and have owned quite a few, but I've been waiting for an affordable hybrid or electric pickup for decades. Ordered 10/5, hoping to have the Maverick for a July 1st road trip. It's looking iffy.šŸ¤ž

Sponsored

MDmaverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid Xl
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I Recently sold a 2010 Ranger(xlt standard cab). Iā€™m currently driving our extra car(2007 Pontiac Vibe) while waiting for my XL hybrid to arrive.
This will be my commuter car when it arrives.

bomberxl

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XL, Chrysler Pacifica Touring L
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
2022 Silverado 2500

Just about a big of a truck 180 you can make. Our plans to get a travel trailer changed, so it no longer made sense to be driving around a big truck. As much as I loved it, it made more sense to move to something much more efficient. I canā€™t bring myself to not drive a truck, so when a hybrid xl became available nearby I jumped on it.

Minister Lewis

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Nissan Altima Coupe
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
2012 Nissan Altima Coupe. I saw a Maverick on a lot so I took a picture of my car next to it.

Ford Maverick From what are you coming from? PXL_20211030_141112757~2

teh603

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Subaru Outback, '09 Honda Fit
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Worn out AF 2005 Jeep Liberty. Which replaced a worn out AF '06 Colorado.

C'mon, Ford. Open up orders already.
Sponsored