First Name
Brooks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Ford Ranger / 23 MY on Order
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Since 2014, all I’ve owned was my 99 Ranger with a single cab. I bought it off a farmer who was retiring with 66k original miles. It seemed he got ripped off by some paint/repair shops before selling it, but for me as a junior in high school at the time, it was perfect for what I needed.

Fast forward almost 10 years to the Ranger with 190k miles, and now I’m married, a homeowner, and in need of an upgrade. The Maverick is exactly what I needed at the right time. It’s everything I could’ve asked for and more. Shoutout to Norris Ford in Baltimore for making my ordering process as smooth and streamlined as possible.

Ford Maverick From one tiny, red, Ford pickup to another. It still doesn’t even feel real that I have it. 04835704-8A94-4050-9497-A07EF2E0D780
Sponsored

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Enjoy! Nice to see the late-90s garbage clear coat is consistent! 😁

1fifty

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Super cool!
Congrats on the new truck.

Chicolini

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150s, Mustang GT Convertible, Mazda B3000
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Enjoy!

Isn't it amazing how far cheap vehicles have come?

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Nice! Sounds like you are doing well! As the former owner of 90s ranger regular cab, I would hang on to it. Even if its in storage. I had 91 4.0 5spd. It was so damn reliable I bought it with 85,000 miles and put another 80 or so on it and barely had to do anything other than regular maintenence. It could haul plenty, got over 20 mpg regularly, and the I beam suspension road like a dream. You could keep it as a back-up, build it up for the mini truck resurgence, turn it into a drag truck, drift truck, or whatever. Its a very buildable platform. Enjoy your new Maverick!

Sponsored

JBryant

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Great story and enjoy your Maverick. At my age, it is always refreshing to hear of young people who seem to be making something of themselves and not caught up in the "best of the best" syndrome, but just getting what they need and can afford. Maverick is a great choice and glad you made it. Many years of happy Mavericking.

Scott Asheville

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 AWD XLT ECO LUX CP360 HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I made the same move, red to red, single cab to Maverick 4-door. I do miss my single cab's smaller turning radius, but that's all I miss. By the time I sold my 100,000 mile 2010 Ranger, you couldn't tell it was red from the sun oxidizing the paint. Your new Maverick should be an awesome family car. Congrats!

Blue1005

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Enjoy!

Isn't it amazing how far cheap vehicles have come?
I really hate it when people keep calling these cheap vehicles because you know what it's the most expensive vehicle I ever plan on purchasing in my life I don't have to solidify my status in society with some crappy escalate or something, so I don't know it just frustrates me because you know out the door. My vehicle is 35K that's not that cheap, maybe you all have amazing jobs that stack benjis, but its the second most expensive thing I have ever bought.

Chicolini

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150s, Mustang GT Convertible, Mazda B3000
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Good point Blue! By cheap I meant least expensive. A poor choice on my part.

RedRider

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Fusion, 2023 Maverick on order
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I sold my routinely overloaded red 87 XLT supercab for $2k, with 744k miles on it, 2 junkyard rear-ends due to bearing failures, 5 windshields, 2 rust-through repairs at the windshield and 3 paint jobs. Overall, it was an awesome vehicle. It got 28mpg on the rock-solid V6, which is quite a bit better than the new gas models get. I now have a 23 XLT Hybrid on order, and hope it lasts as long.
P.S, the clearcoat never used to peel like it did on the Japanese vehicles - you might want to avoid whoever did that cheap paint job.

Sponsored

Milton Jeff

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2 DR Wrangler (Current)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My vehicle is 35K that's not that cheap, maybe you all have amazing jobs that stack benjis, but its the second most expensive thing I have ever bought.
Most expensive to have, in most guys minds.
#3 Vehicle
#2 House
#1 WIFE..

Oh I know I'm going to get blasted for this.. But, I'm old am just trying to survive. However I'm not going to try and rank in order of importance. ;)

Your comment abiut the $35K is spot on though, my first new vehicle cost me under 10K

matmondro

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mathieu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Love the old Ranger, and nice upgrade to the Mav! Those old Rangers last a lifetime.

First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Most expensive to have, in most guys minds.
#3 Vehicle
#2 House
#1 WIFE..

Oh I know I'm going to get blasted for this.. But, I'm old am just trying to survive. However I'm not going to try and rank in order of importance. ;)

Your comment abiut the $35K is spot on though, my first new vehicle cost me under 10K
You’re forgetting boat…

Scott Asheville

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 AWD XLT ECO LUX CP360 HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I really hate it when people keep calling these cheap vehicles because you know what it's the most expensive vehicle I ever plan on purchasing in my life I don't have to solidify my status in society with some crappy escalate or something, so I don't know it just frustrates me because you know out the door. My vehicle is 35K that's not that cheap, maybe you all have amazing jobs that stack benjis, but its the second most expensive thing I have ever bought.
One metric industry analysts use is "months of income to buy" the vehicle. It's a fact that that number has doubled in recent years. That's partly because OEMs have dropped affordable options and pushed the product mix to higher trims. There's a real market vacuum down at the bottom. I think somebody will claim it soon (I'm guessing it will be the Chinese).

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Corolla ordered Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That's a beautiful truck... Is that chili pepper red? Same one I ordered... My 2nd car was a 2000 Ford Ranger Flairside and now getting a Maverick... Enjoy...
Sponsored