First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volt
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
As long as you didn't purchase a Samsung or LG appliance it should be good for a long time. Seriously, I know a of people who purchased a Samsung or LG had to replace the appliance within 5 years. This seems to be especially true for their refrigerators.
Wife "needed" to replace our 18 years old he fridge. Nothing wrong but want me enough?
Whatever, tired of arguing.
Even the appliance sales guy at a small dealer said the new models only last 5-8 years.
Sponsored

OrangeBlue

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Original post got 60 likes almost immediately. That is telling.

Last edited:

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD 😉
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Original post got 60 likes almost immediately.

People on here who are anti-whining get banned.
Whiners don't.
If that were the case, and it weren't the many posts and threads that were deleted before you ever saw them, then many more regular posters on here would have been banned ages ago.

Here's one of yesterday's deleted threads - as it's no longer live, you'll need to read through the URL to see why this type of person would not belong on a civilized discussion forum.

mavericktruckclub[dot]com/forum/threads/admins-its-me-the-guy-with-a-bunch-of-accounts-you-keep-banning-4onthefloor-wasnt-me-dipshits.26321/

Note that other deleted posts in other threads did take credit for the OP account in this thread. Also note that it's a brand new account that immediately makes a post chastising people for complaining. That seems pretty whiny to me.

That said, it should really be the mods (*ahem* @Administrator) taking some ownership and offering explanation of what's been going on.

BradnChristine

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU; 2019 MX-5; 2023 & 2024 Mavericks
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yet your post is the one that comes across as toxic and narcissistic to me...
You must have missed a lot from our resident troll to think that. The post is exactly correct. The troll starts out with a pretty reasonable post to get engagement from anyone...and then he degrades it from there, all the way down until he disappears. He has more than once admitted that his only intent is to be a troll, but when he gets banned, all that gets removed. Probably some 15 yr old in mama's basement with nothing else to do.

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Everyone wants their voice heard. There are five things people need in life: Food, water, sleep, sex, and the feeling they they are valued. Life is a great thing! It has been said "oh well, You still have your health" People think that is a silly saying until you get sick and the Doctors tell you you will are not going to make it. That happened to me in September of 2021. I spent 12 days in the ICU clinging to life. At 52 years old the thought of leaving my kids without a father and my wife without a husband was very life changing. I am still here despite the odds that I faced. I am happy and healthier than ever. This is just a truck and I am thankful that I am still here to wait patiently for mine. Let us all have a wonderful and and safe 2023!
I'm with you being thankful. I am almost 80, the kids all visited this Xmas and it was not brought up but do not expect another visit on 80th. I also have been to the ICU "hotel" 3 times but max was five or six nights plus last year I had a heart "buzz" that took the pacemaker 8-12 seconds to retime. Afterwards had some pain within 1.5" of pacemaker so I think wiring harness got hot or leaked current and burned a spot. Just glad to be around!

Sponsored

OrangeBlue

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
OK, I did not know all that. Thanks!

I will revise my previous post, I don't really know who gets banned. I do know, based on the 60 likes, that a lot of members are sick of the non-stop weeping, wailing and whimpering.

If that were the case, and it weren't the many posts and threads that were deleted before you ever saw them, then many more regular posters on here would have been banned ages ago.

Here's one of yesterday's deleted threads - as it's no longer live, you'll need to read through the URL to see why this type of person would not belong on a civilized discussion forum.

mavericktruckclub[dot]com/forum/threads/admins-its-me-the-guy-with-a-bunch-of-accounts-you-keep-banning-4onthefloor-wasnt-me-dipshits.26321/

Note that other deleted posts in other threads did take credit for the OP account in this thread. Also note that it's a brand new account that immediately makes a post chastising people for complaining. That seems pretty whiny to me.

That said, it should really be the mods (*ahem* @Administrator) taking some ownership and offering explanation of what's been going on.

BuddyS

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 R Design & 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Thanks, OP, for putting this out there. I agree 100%.

Of the 15 or so cars I've had in my lifetime, I think this one represents the best value overall. No, it's not perfect, but I love the damn thing. Always looking for a reason to drive it. It's fun, it's comfortable, the economy is just amazing, and it looks good, too. Modest but confident. The thought that keeps popping into my head is "If you could only have one vehicle for everything for the rest of your life, this might be it."

Michaelkov

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BMW X1, 2018 Toyota Rav4, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

ladyhawkgt

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang GT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

i am super thankful for the folks on this forum. i don’t have my truck yet, but it’s great to have this as a tool to see any cool mods or obscure problems that other folks might have to share, good or bad, all this info can help someone out there.

Sponsored

FromAway

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat FX4 4K Cactus Grey
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You must have missed a lot from our resident troll to think that. The post is exactly correct. The troll starts out with a pretty reasonable post to get engagement from anyone...and then he degrades it from there, all the way down until he disappears. He has more than once admitted that his only intent is to be a troll, but when he gets banned, all that gets removed. Probably some 15 yr old in mama's basement with nothing else to do.
Well I agree with the troll then. Ban me I guess. If you are spending enough time here to know who is getting banned, you probably need a break.

rmay635703

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru 360, Comutacar, Honda Insight, Dodge Ram
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
But they DON't Make things like they used to!

I just replaced a 1958 build date Home oven. Not because it quit working, But because wife didn't like the glassy pink 57 Chevy (or whatever) enamel paint.

Wife wanted "black stainless steel with digital controls". What's the over/under odds on how long that's going to last?

My first car was a '77 Buick that then got passed down to my little brother who got rid of it, still running, in 2002 with half a million miles. Only tire, brake, oil, and belts / alternator changes.

What's the over/under on the Maverick?

97CC17C2-813E-45EA-AC2D-35DF74F74B54.jpeg
That’s probably back in style anyway
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.