Sponsored

FRANKFORT FORD SOLD MY MAVERICK WITHOUT CONTACTING ME!

JesTr

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Focus SEL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
DO NOT ORDER OR PURCHASE A VEHICLE FROM THIS DEALERSHIP! I ordered a 2022 Ford Maverick from this dealership on 7/30/2021. Due to semiconductor and other part constraints I waited patiently for my vehicle to be built and shipped for purchase to the dealership. Fast forward one year later, the wait is not the dealerships fault, which is on Ford Motor Company as the manufacturer. However, as a customer who ordered the vehicle through this dealership I was never given the opportunity to purchase the vehicle. In fact, I only found out that my Maverick was delivered because they listed it as a stock sale on their website the week it arrived, VIN listed was a match. Will Clark a finance officer at Frankfort Ford stated that he personally contacted me three times to tell me my order had arrived. This was an outright lie and never happened. Phone records do not lie! I have no record of received calls, missed calls, voicemails, texts, or emails from either Mr. Clark or Frankfort Ford. Mr. Clark confirmed my contact info (both phone # and email) and proceeded to send me a text while sitting in his office, which I received. So he could have contacted me if he really wanted too at any time. He also stated that he never emailed me. This dealership sold the vehicle that I had them order and placed a deposit down on without so much as contacting me to tell me the vehicle had arrived for purchase. This is no doubt because the dealership placed a $10,000 adjusted dealer markup (ADM) on the vehicle for profit. The dealership never had any intention of selling me the vehicle I had ordered in order to make a mass profit in these times.

I understand that inventory is low on most dealer lots due to COVID and constraints. However, I wasn't even given an opportunity to purchase the vehicle myself with an ADM. They took my info, order, and deposit ($500). They committed consumer fraud the moment they decided to sell the vehicle I had them order to someone else without informing me and giving me an opportunity to purchase. It’s clear this dealership is looking at short term gain and not repeat business.

Furthermore, while waiting to talk to Mr. Clark (waiting over one hour), I overheard other sales reps discussing potential buyers buying a vehicle. To anyone who wanted to pay upfront without financing, the dealership wanted to tack on $5,000+ because they make their money on the financing of a vehicle. Again DO NOT ORDER OR PURCHASE FROM THIS DEALERSHIP!
Sponsored

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I bet there's more to this story... :rolleyes:

Steelman

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick lariat
DO NOT ORDER OR PURCHASE A VEHICLE FROM THIS DEALERSHIP! I ordered a 2022 Ford Maverick from this dealership on 7/30/2021. Due to semiconductor and other part constraints I waited patiently for my vehicle to be built and shipped for purchase to the dealership. Fast forward one year later, the wait is not the dealerships fault, which is on Ford Motor Company as the manufacturer. However, as a customer who ordered the vehicle through this dealership I was never given the opportunity to purchase the vehicle. In fact, I only found out that my Maverick was delivered because they listed it as a stock sale on their website the week it arrived, VIN listed was a match. Will Clark a finance officer at Frankfort Ford stated that he personally contacted me three times to tell me my order had arrived. This was an outright lie and never happened. Phone records do not lie! I have no record of received calls, missed calls, voicemails, texts, or emails from either Mr. Clark or Frankfort Ford. Mr. Clark confirmed my contact info (both phone # and email) and proceeded to send me a text while sitting in his office, which I received. So he could have contacted me if he really wanted too at any time. He also stated that he never emailed me. This dealership sold the vehicle that I had them order and placed a deposit down on without so much as contacting me to tell me the vehicle had arrived for purchase. This is no doubt because the dealership placed a $10,000 adjusted dealer markup (ADM) on the vehicle for profit. The dealership never had any intention of selling me the vehicle I had ordered in order to make a mass profit in these times.

I understand that inventory is low on most dealer lots due to COVID and constraints. However, I wasn't even given an opportunity to purchase the vehicle myself with an ADM. They took my info, order, and deposit ($500). They committed consumer fraud the moment they decided to sell the vehicle I had them order to someone else without informing me and giving me an opportunity to purchase. It’s clear this dealership is looking at short term gain and not repeat business.

Furthermore, while waiting to talk to Mr. Clark (waiting over one hour), I overheard other sales reps discussing potential buyers buying a vehicle. To anyone who wanted to pay upfront without financing, the dealership wanted to tack on $5,000+ because they make their money on the financing of a vehicle. Again DO NOT ORDER OR PURCHASE FROM THIS DEALERSHIP!

JoeTime

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

OK Frankford Ford, are you going to let your dealership's reputation get drug through the mud???

Sponsored

GreenLady

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeannette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-250 Diesel, 1968 Cadillac Eldorado
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

I’m so sorry this happened to you! There will come a time when there will be a reckoning for this type of dealer!

I had this happen with a dealer in FL. Make sure you post your review on Google and post the link so we can like it and take it to the top of the ratings!

Dun4791

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy,dodge, ford,vw,honda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Meh, just move on to another manufacturer and never buy another Ford. That’s only way they get the message. Complaining gets you nothing.

Reactions: bgn

NJ Pinelands

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Contact every local newspaper you have, even small ones. If your area has a TV station, contact the guy or girl who does the In Your Corner” pieces. If your area has a local community website, contact them. There are several Ford Execs email addresses on this board as well. Cause as much havoc as you can for them.

Sivart

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Altima
Sorry man I knew you were worried about this from the last guy who got screwed by Frankfort Ford. I'm so glad I didn't order with them. And they're only 10 minutes from my house.

Did you get your deposit back? If you have your signed order I'd speak to an attorney.

Sponsored

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What exactly is a lawyer going to do about this? There is no recourse here, unfortunately. This situation sucks, though. Definitely complain loudly, post reviews on all the sites, file a complaint with BBB. Nothing will change in terms of the situation but at least you'll have your say.

s.ober

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Prius; 1998 Sienna
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What exactly is a lawyer going to do about this? There is no recourse here, unfortunately. This situation sucks, though. Definitely complain loudly, post reviews on all the sites, file a complaint with BBB. Nothing will change in terms of the situation but at least you'll have your say.
An attorney should be able to do something since there was a contract between the dealer and the buyer.
Sponsored