FORScan for Maverick? Any users, thoughts? Tips/tricks?

JTCC

XLT
First Name
Juno
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Kia Niro PHEV, '14 Fiat 500e, 9 motorcycles
Trim
XLT
I've used it for some exceedingly stupid projects, mostly SYNC 2-3 upgrades on my Fusion/Explorer, and playing around with "hidden" IPC features. And that one time I half-assed an MKZ cluster swap into my Fusion because I was bored, saw a cluster for sale, and had no impulse control.

WP_20180226_14_37_18_Pro.jpg

Last I heard when I left the 2G Fusions group, they were getting close to working out an adaptive cruise retrofit. There's also the above cluster swap (done properly), OEM heated wheel/seat installs, EU lamp assembly swaps, and a bunch of other configuration-based goodness, so it's got potential for sure.

Fun fact: You can pull the as-built for the preproduction Mavericks from the Motorcraft website. I pulled a few to try and compare trims and engines.
Advertisement

Whitenight

Lariat
First Name
Charlie
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Escape
Trim
Lariat
On some other Ford models its possible to disable in Forscan until someone takes delivery we wont know for sure if the Maverick will have the option.
It works turning it off on the Bronco Sport.

OP
OP
ReddWulf

ReddWulf

XLT
First Name
Lee
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado, Harley Road King Classic
Trim
XLT

clavicus

Lariat
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Honda Accord V6 EX-L
Trim
Lariat
Looking forward to you wizard pioneers to explore this and tell me what cool stuff I can do without bricking my truck like my Nexus 6 phone. RIP.

JTCC

XLT
First Name
Juno
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Kia Niro PHEV, '14 Fiat 500e, 9 motorcycles
Trim
XLT
Looking forward to you wizard pioneers to explore this and tell me what cool stuff I can do without bricking my truck like my Nexus 6 phone. RIP.
But...bricking is half the fun!

Actually, not really. Usually it just throws configuration errors and reverts to a default program.

ledger9427

XLT
First Name
Paul
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corolla
Trim
XLT
I will definitely be checking out Forscan when I get my Mav.. I heard rumors about being able to add/replace drive modes, hopefully I can put Eco and Sport on my FX4. Haven't looked into it much yet tho.

OP
OP
ReddWulf

ReddWulf

XLT
First Name
Lee
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado, Harley Road King Classic
Trim
XLT
I will definitely be checking out Forscan when I get my Mav.. I heard rumors about being able to add/replace drive modes, hopefully I can put Eco and Sport on my FX4. Haven't looked into it much yet tho.
Same here. I have no real desire for Eco, but I would like to swap out the Tow/Haul Mode for Sport Mode. But I'm okay using the Tow/Haul Mode as a pseudo-Sport Mode too if not. That's what I do in my Silverado. 😁

MimiE

Lariat
First Name
Mitzi
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Fiesta
Trim
Lariat
Ohhhhh...that would be great. I'd be interested in that!

MimiE

Lariat
First Name
Mitzi
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Fiesta
Trim
Lariat
I don’t like it, but I’m guessing it’sa nerdy play on the FORTRAN programming language.

ironically it needs the ‘D’... to make all the difference. lol
I feel pretty stupid...it took me reading that three times to get it..haha..

Advertisement

Advertisement