First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So I didn’t know about the FordPass Reward Points until after I purchased my Mav, and was excited to use the points on a bed mat or a drop in liner. Today I opened the app to see that ALL of my 42,000 points had been “redeemed” for a maintenance plan - after I already purchased the 36,000 mile plan in cash.

The only time I’ve spoken with a dealer about the points is when I called to ask what they were and what they could be used on. They said “typically people use them on oil changes and services.” When I asked if they could be used on a drop-in liner, the parts department said “let me check” and never got back in touch with me.

I’m hoping it’s just a glitch, otherwise I’m going to be furious that someone “redeemed” my points without my knowledge or consent. Anyone else experienced them? The dealer in question is reputable, BTW
Sponsored

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Engine
Undecided
Sounds like your dealer pulled some shenanigans at closing and redeemed your points for you on a similar maintenance plan.

I don't remember the exact thread but if I remember right there was a Canadian member here on the forums that had a similar issue with their dealer. I can't remember though if the dealer just refused to give them their points or if the dealer used them without the members consent.

Anyway, sorry I can't be much more help. Hope you get to the bottom of it but honestly is sounds like at least a phone call to ford CS and stopping by the dealer to talk to the GM is in your future.

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
When I asked if they could be used on a drop-in liner, the parts department said “let me check” and never got back in touch with me.
I used them on a bed mat. The parts guy had a little trouble figuring out how to split the payment between points and dollars, but it worked out.
I’m hoping it’s just a glitch, otherwise I’m going to be furious that someone “redeemed” my points without my knowledge or consent. Anyone else experienced them?
I don't really know what you experienced. Maybe it will be clearer after you contact the dealer.

Powerstroke46

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid XLT,velocity blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just a quick note Clifdawg,I used mine for a hard trifold tonneau. I hope you find out what's going on with your points.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
Undecided
So I didn’t know about the FordPass Reward Points until after I purchased my Mav, and was excited to use the points on a bed mat or a drop in liner. Today I opened the app to see that ALL of my 42,000 points had been “redeemed” for a maintenance plan - after I already purchased the 36,000 mile plan in cash.

The only time I’ve spoken with a dealer about the points is when I called to ask what they were and what they could be used on. They said “typically people use them on oil changes and services.” When I asked if they could be used on a drop-in liner, the parts department said “let me check” and never got back in touch with me.

I’m hoping it’s just a glitch, otherwise I’m going to be furious that someone “redeemed” my points without my knowledge or consent. Anyone else experienced them? The dealer in question is reputable, BTW
Hello, Cliff! Send us a private message with your VIN and the name and location of your local Ford dealer. I’d be happy to see what I can do to assist with this FordPass Rewards concern. Thanks!

Sponsored

xhristian1

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ES 350
Hello, Cliff! Send us a private message with your VIN and the name and location of your local Ford dealer. I’d be happy to see what I can do to assist with this FordPass Rewards concern. Thanks!
😏Can you check and see the status of my Maverick?

unlimited

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Heidi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 Limited
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

D Janke

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid Lariat !
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So I had this sad experience with Ford since owning my Maverick, regarding FordPass points.
I figured that if I ordered a Truxedo soft roll up tonneau cover from accessories.ford.com, had it shipped to a nearby Ford dealer (Bell Ford), and have them install it, I'd be able to get purchase reward points.
It came to $410.00 installed, Bell Ford service did a great job, but after waiting 30 days there were still no points showing up.
So I contacted FordPass support, and was told that because the purchase order was from me and not the dealer, that I was unable to get reward points for that cover.
I find this pretty disappointing. no matter if I or the dealer placed the purchase order, it was still going to be the same cost AND coming from Ford authorized sales either way.

I "had" intentions of adding various other Ford enhancement accessories through Ford sales, but at this point I think I'll just deal with aftermarket issued accessories moving forward.

#Disappointed

kfw63

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

I had this exact same thing happen. At the time the finance guys says “ this will cost you nothing and Ford want us to do this” so I signed off. Now a month later and I don’t have my points yet so I do a little digging and review the paperwork and there is the maintenance plan with a cost of $210. I go back to the dealer and tell them signed me up for this plan without my consent to use the points. And I want to cancel it. He goes well it didn’t cost you anything. I was like yes it did. I had plans for that $210. Long story short they gave me a $210 credit and still gave me the maintenance plan. I told them I. The future they should clearly explain to customers their intent to use Ford points rather than slipping it in the paperwork.

Krischievous

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kristen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XL AWD Iconic Silver
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
New fear unlocked
Sponsored