Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 Jeep Wrangler, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

FORD!

Let us buy options A-LA-CARTE so we can actively help with shortages on our builds.

I would gladly remove powered seats (I hate them, too slow).....

but would rather wait to get the bed inverter and plug-in.....

...BUT they are both in the same package so SOL.

All I wanted was the inverter and heated stuff. The rest of the package I could care less about.
Sponsored

Pmason

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Patty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford maverick lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Admittedly I sold my vehicle once I had my Ford order confirmation, thinking the wait would be a couple months no big deal. Going into the 8th month with no build date. Using my wife’s car. 1st world problem I know, but still a big PIA.
Same here my marriage has suffered tremendously due to selling my car before my purchase of the maverick my husband is so angry he has to drive me everywhere. I just want my freedom of having a vehicle of my own and just want to drive far away from everything.

BingoDingo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Nonya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think with the war in Ukraine kicking off, they are projecting shortages to go farther than ever imagined. This is probably the best they can do. Tesla is re-designing its cars to use chips for multiple purposes, but even for them that will take time to implement. Ford probably doesn't have the agility to do that.

projectvortex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
So, If my Maverick, XLT, Lux Pkg, CP-360 has a scheduled build date for the week of April 11th, does that mean that my truck should have all the chips for it? I didn't get any messages anywhere indicating that they didn't have all the chips. :unsure:

**EDIT**

Are we going to find out that chips are missing when it arrives at the dealer, or through some type of notice/email on the specific chips missing for our particular order?
W
Same here my marriage has suffered tremendously due to selling my car before my purchase of the maverick my husband is so angry he has to drive me everywhere. I just want my freedom of having a vehicle of my own and just want to drive far away from everything.
Many of us feeling this way these days for many different reasons. Hang in there.

Rojo

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT, Alto Blue, AWD Eco-Boost, Lux
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
There is a book called Flying Blind and an associated Netflix Documentary (Downfall: The Case Against Boeing) about Boeing and the 737 Max mess and how it got to that point because shareholders were put over engineering. Good representation of that type of situation

Haha.. I drive a 30 year old Jeep Wrangler. I did not want 360.

If dealerships weren't over charging for everything this would still work.

I'm hoping the Mavs aren't on this list, but if they are I'll be sure that any missing pieces are documented in writing, as mentioned before.
I had to write a report on the 737 Max shit show a few semesters ago, it was a failure from top to bottom. The biggest issue behind caring for shareholder opinions over advice from the engineers is from the government who allows boing and other aircraft companies to self regulate themselves. Instead of the FAA having people checking every step of the way, boing and other manufacturers were like "...hey, we see you guys are busy and have a budget to stay within, it's probably going to be expensive to have people here all the time to check all these things. Why don't you let us use one of our guys and we will submit a report and you can just check off on that..." and the FAA was like, "That's a brilliant idea" and allows them to self regulate with little government oversight.

Sponsored

BingoDingo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Nonya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
FORD!

Let us buy options A-LA-CARTE so we can actively help with shortages on our builds.

I would gladly remove powered seats (I hate them, too slow).....

but would rather wait to get the bed inverter and plug-in.....

...BUT they are both in the same package so SOL.
They'll never do it. If you look at the Ranger or the F150 or Bronco, the a la cart options are actually better on the Maverick than it is on those. They make their money like the old cable tv companies, wid da bundle!

2cafn8d

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Monica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 Jeep Wrangler, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I had to write a report on the 737 Max shit show a few semesters ago, it was a failure from top to bottom. The biggest issue behind caring for shareholder opinions over advice from the engineers is from the government who allows boing and other aircraft companies to self regulate themselves. Instead of the FAA having people checking every step of the way, boing and other manufacturers were like "...hey, we see you guys are busy and have a budget to stay within, it's probably going to be expensive to have people here all the time to check all these things. Why don't you let us use one of our guys and we will submit a report and you can just check off on that..." and the FAA was like, "That's a brilliant idea" and allows them to self regulate with little government oversight.
I worked for SPEEA (Engineers' Union) from 2015- mid 2019 when this was going down, but I didn't have all of the details, but boy.. long timers loathed the merger (MD bought Boeing with Boeing's money was recited constantly).

PlantMan

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-250 4WD crew 8' bed; 2022 Maverick XL AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This is going to turn out to be a logistics nightmare. Expecting dealers to receive lists of missing modules and expecting them to accurately put together a kit of modules tailored to a specific vehicle is a bit much. Customers aren't going to want to make multiple trips to a dealer to get all their missing modules installed.

Rojo

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT, Alto Blue, AWD Eco-Boost, Lux
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I can't see this going well for Ford or the buyers, why don't they take their lowest selling model and stop production for a year and cannibalize the chips for their other vehicles? A quick Google search shows the escape and EcoSport have a 2 out of 5 in reliability and consumer satisfaction, why not pause production to "address these concerns" and catch up on everything else?

Fisheyelid

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Sonata
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Never pay for something on a promise to fix it later. Once you've paid, the incentive structure to fix it vanishes. This has been true for almost every contractor I've ever worked with.

Sponsored

WesM

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The computer hardware in missiles, planes, tanks, etc. is decades old and almost certainly has sufficient spares stocked in a warehouse. The DoD isn't going to take chances with their obsolete stuff being at the mercy of the commercial supply chains.
But they also have to resupply the used stock and the gov/military gets much higher priority than commercial. People hear chips and just assume they come ready made. That is not how semiconductor products are made, there is a given base material resource and manufacturing capability, which will be rediverted to making higher priority older chips (which tend to use more base materials) when needed by the gov/military.

Its kind of like if the gov decided it wanted to stock more jet fuel, they might take from their oil reserves, which then have to be restocked, taking resources away from other fossil fuel products (like gasoline, oil etc).

In a strained semiconductor environment like we are seeing, additional stress on the system from this conflict is certainly not going to help, especially when a significant amount of the base materials used to make semi conductors come from both of the conflict countries.

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I think a few online authors pieced together bits and pieces and made partially true claims.

Long McArthur has a few F-150's on the lot awaiting wiper motors. The vendor for the Claycomo facility will send them when they arrive. The sold vehicles will not have their paperwork completed until the truck is up to the dealership's standards.

I have not read where a customer will take delivery of an unfinished truck. It isn't sold until it's fully assembled. Anyone who buys and drive home an unfinished truck is way to desperate for my taste.
Well. I wasn't too desperate 5 or 6 months ago, but now? I guess it depends on what the lacking is. Heated seats now that it's spring here is not a big deal, something I can hotwire anyhow. And, would they offer an incentive?

Back in October I was all psyched for those heated seats\steering wheel. Sigh.

YOBY

First Name
Yoby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV 4 / 2022 Maverick Lariat
I think with the war in Ukraine kicking off, they are projecting shortages to go farther than ever imagined. This is probably the best they can do. Tesla is re-designing its cars to use chips for multiple purposes, but even for them that will take time to implement. Ford probably doesn't have the agility to do that.
Has anybody except me noticed that the Whole World is a CLUSTER F.? I just don't have time to worry about a heated seat. I'm worried about some Mad Man backed in a corner with a magic button. None of us may be taking delivery of our trucks if this nonsense isn't stopped.

And if anybody wants to right this off as politics, be my guest.

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

It may be a minor inconvenience but only if we are allowed to go to our nearest dealer when it comes time for those chips to be installed. What do those of us do who are purchasing a vehicle from a dealer that is not right down the street from us? As many problems as this may solve, it seems to me that Ford is the only real winner here and the customers are left trading one hassle for another hassle.
I don't think that anybody is winning except China
Sponsored