Sponsored

Ford told me today that there will be no information on the 2023 models until Aug. 1, the day before reordering.

Jatrax

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 VW ID.4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Gimmie a break. The only lasting change these people are going to bring, is lengthening the unemployment line- both from the workers who lose their jobs because of them, and their own workers when they collapse from their own stupidity.
I think we are going to disagree on this issue. The change is already happening. Whether any of these companies or their employees survive they are going to force huge changes, either by themselves or by forcing the existing companies to change to stay competitive.

Jim Farley is publicly talking about ordering your electric vehicle online with no nonsense dealer upsell. Do you really think he would be doing that if he did not already see the change coming?

Not sure what you have against venture capital or making money but I guess that doesn't really matter.
Sponsored

fordvideoguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.long-mcarthur.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Ford Bronco
Engine
Undecided
Wish we had an equivalent to @fordvideoguy here in Canada. Any dealer here says they have not heard about MY23 order date as yet. When I tell them it is Aug 2nd in the US they shrug and say who knows...
You do, Johny's Car Care and Reviews youtube channel is from Canada and he does a good job of getting information from his Canada dealer.

Tommy2

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Sorrento, T700, KTM 530
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
"Fundamentally changed the car business" to what end? It's not a change that's served any purpose. Just a bunch of idiots with more venture capital money than brains, talking about how they're going to "disrupt the market"? In the name of "competition" or something?

Gimmie a break. The only lasting change these people are going to bring, is lengthening the unemployment line- both from the workers who lose their jobs because of them, and their own workers when they collapse from their own stupidity.

That's all that ever happens when someone "disrupts" a sector.

That's a dealer problem, not a Ford problem, and your expectations are a bit unreasonable given the actual miracles Ford's worked with the Maverick. Hell, just getting a truck to market that wasn't the biggest gas- hogging-est pedestrian masher was one.

There's only so much factory capacity, and it takes time to build more.
Respectfully, how is that a dealer problem? Farley wants to go to direct sales with minimal flooring, to me until Ford can expedite retail orders on a timely basis they are losing. Just ask some of the hybrid purchasers that I’ve been waiting a year for their vehicle what a miracle it is. And as far as disruptors, that’s the beauty of the free enterprise system, look at Amazon disrupting retail, and these new manufactures disrupting the auto industry. In the end it’s all about the customer and who can deliver the goods to them.

Milton Jeff

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2 DR Wrangler (Current)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You do, Johny's Car Care and Reviews youtube channel is from Canada and he does a good job of getting information from his Canada dealer.
Thanks Tim, I didn't realize, will have a look at his videos when I get a chance. I looked quickly and believe a month ago he was saying order bank opens Aug 15th but it might have been after that it was announced as Aug 2nd.. We'll see soon what happens here in Canada.

cavemold

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022 Eco 2.0
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
"Fundamentally changed the car business" to what end? It's not a change that's served any purpose. Just a bunch of idiots with more venture capital money than brains, talking about how they're going to "disrupt the market"? In the name of "competition" or something?

That's all that ever happens when someone "disrupts" a sector.

That's a dealer problem, not a Ford problem, and your expectations are a bit unreasonable given the actual miracles Ford's worked with the Maverick. Hell, just getting a truck to market that wasn't the biggest gas- hogging-est pedestrian masher was one.

There's only so much factory capacity, and it takes time to build more.
EV is still 10 years away from becoming a mains stream thing. 250 mile range is avaerge for EVs right now. Very few are at affordable prices. Charging stations and infrastructure is about 10 years away. Tesla has the leg up on everyone and its letting Ford Mach E use their stations. They are slowly moving to EV all platform with a truck and car as now with that said 85 miles was all a f150 lariat platinum truck could tow . Still far away. The hybird market maybe what bridges the gap between gassers and EVs.

Sponsored

Hatonapug

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Honestly, I would be happy just to know the discount we are getting for getting our 22s cancelled after waiting a year for them. Still no word on that either, right?

Landric

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Landric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT AWD FX4 Alto Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It would make a lot more sense for them to take orders for six months production then close the order book for a while. Later in the year they could have a price increase, and then reopen the order book to take more orders at the new higher price without having to worry about price protection for orders that are not received until next summer.
That would make sense.

However, has anything Ford has done throughout this process suggested that they are motivated by what "makes sense?"

In another week the absolute minimum time anyone who ordered a Maverick could have been waiting is six months. They expect people with active 2022 orders to order a 2023 starting on August 2 but they are still scheduling 2022 orders until August 18. How many 2022 orders are going to be cancelled by dealers in error because they are confused by the order process? How many 2022 orders will get scheduled after the same buyer has put in a 2023 order? There is so much "doesn't make sense" in this process it seems like they are intentionally trying to make everything more difficult and cause more errors.

Mr.Roboto.1975

First Name
Stoned Dude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Merc Mariner hybrid, 04 Silv 3500, 87 F-700
I'm confused at the belief that 22 orders that are not built will be cancelled. Unless a model is redesigned or discontinued, it is customary to roll it over to the next model year.

Landric

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Landric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT AWD FX4 Alto Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm confused at the belief that 22 orders that are not built will be cancelled. Unless a model is redesigned or discontinued, it is customary to roll it over to the next model year.
Customary perhaps, but according to the information available all unscheduled 2022 orders will be cancelled and will have to be reordered. In theory people with cancelled 2022 orders will be prioritized over "new" 2023 orders but of course: depending on constraints, allocations, YMMV, etc.

Hatonapug

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
News in my feed that it's looking like Dodge is announcing a maverick competitor soon. They drew up a perspective image that shows a really nice looking std cab... If they'res gonna be one with 30+ mpg...

Sponsored

theway-yay-ting

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Honda CR-V, 2019 Kia Sportage
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
News in my feed that it's looking like Dodge is announcing a maverick competitor soon. They drew up a perspective image that shows a really nice looking std cab... If they'res gonna be one with 30+ mpg...
Not anytime soon... 2024 at best, it seems.

adawalli

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Explorer Platinum, 2010 Toyota Prius 3
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

es7129

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not likely. The images circulating are ~3 years old and were created during a design contest.

Christenhildebrandt

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Christen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Exactly my take. I don't understand why we don't release information to dealers/public ahead of ordering. I mean what are they afraid will happen? It's not like they can put in the order until they open up. I don't get it either. We got 2 hour notice yesterday on F150 before the order banks opened up where we received the order guides. If that happens on Maverick I will just be forced to go over the order guide on a livestream on 8/2.
Tim,
As a ford dealer do orderbanks open at the start of the business day or at a certain time? Would love to order the 2nd but not sure if my dealer will have Got the memo.

have a great day,

fordvideoguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.long-mcarthur.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Ford Bronco
Engine
Undecided
Tim,
As a ford dealer do orderbanks open at the start of the business day or at a certain time? Would love to order the 2nd but not sure if my dealer will have Got the memo.

have a great day,
Usually the start of the business day, at least in the morning but 23 F150 opened at 4:30pm EST last Monday.
Sponsored