Sponsored

Ford Selling a Standalone Remote Start Fob (w/out Lariat or Lux)

dwanna12

First Name
kess
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
As I understand it, yes you have to purchase the Security System which has a module which learns the Ford system and enables the Remote Start Fob. Of course, I received the wrong Security System and in the process of correcting that now.
ok that makes sense! i didn't wanna spend the 200 extra if I didn't need to.. thanx and this should be the right one???
Part No: KN1Z19A361A
FORD PERIMETER PLUS VEHICLE SECURITY SYSTEM
Sponsored

uh50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hchaney.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, VB, 2.0 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
ok that makes sense! i didn't wanna spend the 200 extra if I didn't need to.. thanx and this should be the right one???
Part No: KN1Z19A361A
FORD PERIMETER PLUS VEHICLE SECURITY SYSTEM
Yes, according to the build site for the Maverick it is the one that fits the Maverick. Some dealer parts sites still show an alternate type, but I can confirm that the ML3Z19A361A does not fit in the port behind the OBDII.

uh50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hchaney.com
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Does this enable you to not have to insert the key once in the car? If so, then it seems worth a few hundred dollars to me.
Yes, the separate key fob is supposed to start the the truck like the Ford Pass App does. Since the Maverick is coded for remote start, it is supposed to take just a few steps to allow the module to learn the Maverick remote start capability. Additionally it adds a more robust security system with an adjustable motion sensing. At the time it seemed like a good investment. Now just to get the right part.

uh50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hchaney.com
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just got off the phone with the local dealer that ordered the Security System and he confirmed that part number KN1Z19A361A for the Maverick Security System is correct. My replacement is supposed to be in tomorrow morning at 11:00 AM. Will advise when I get it installed and hopefully working tomorrow.

PriusHater

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rocketstem.org
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Good luck. Very curious to know for certain once you get it installed if you still need to insert the key into the ignition to drive the vehicle or not.

Sponsored

uh50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hchaney.com
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Good luck. Very curious to know for certain once you get it installed if you still need to insert the key into the ignition to drive the vehicle or not.
I imagine so, but will confirm when installed and working.

uh50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hchaney.com
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What does this detail mean(copied from the page):

"Security/Remote Start System Module must be purchased separately. "
You must purchase the VSS that includes a harness to plug into the back of the OBDII port and program. This allows you to active your Maverick fob to the VSS module, etc. You can the use your Maverick fob to active the VSS, by clicking the lock button, and also remote start your Maverick with the Maverick fob. You do not need the extra Long Range Remote Start Fob.

uh50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hchaney.com
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Final Security System Install Update: Ford Part # KN1Z19A361A.

Received the correct VSS and the dealer traded out the incorrect one without a problem.

Got home and quickly unplugged the harness from the back of the OBDII port and plugged the male end of the VSS harness into the back of the OBDII port. And, plugged in the harness male into the female of the VSS harness. Plugged the jumper into the VSS Module to enable basic Remote Start feature with the security system.

Programming the VSS was just a few simple steps and took a minute. Same with programming the additional fob.

Checked out the remote start and it works great from anywhere in the house. It activates the HVAC controls after the remote start. It shuts off exactly like it starts.

When the Truck is locked the VSS is activated. I rolled down the driver window and activated the VSS by locking the truck. If you don't buy the optional LED, the only way you know it's activated is by the flash of the parking lights. With the window rolled down, and the VSS activated I pounded on the steering wheel with my fist. The alarm sounded once (horn honk). When I pounded on it repeatedly, the VSS went into alarm mode. Yeah, I guess the neighbors were a little peeved here at our little quiet rural lake community. So, just to make sure they noticed, I re-armed the VSS with he driver's side window rolled down again, reached in and unlocked the driver's side door and opened it from the inside. I'm sure the neighbors were wondering what is the world is he doing. Anyway, the VSS works exactly as it is supposed to.

I probably spent a total of 20 minutes installing the alarm harness, accessories, programming the fobs, allowing the truck and VSS module learn each other, and testing. Super easy install and I couldn't be happier. I probably will buy the optional LED at some point in the future. It's cheap and gives a "tampering while away indication" not possible without it.

Note: Important. There is no reason to purchase the additional Remote Start System Long Range w/ confirmation Key Fob, Ford Part # JS7Z15K601B. At least for me. I didn't buy the long range antenna and the Key Fob provided with the Maverick will remotely start the truck and activate the VSS. Ford did not make it clear you could remote start without the long range fob.

Next up is the factory cruise with XLT, Escape S or SE, or Bronco Sport steering wheel buttons. No timetable for this, but I drove two fairly long trips yesterday and today and I miss cruise.

So, if anyone has a need for a long range remote, just let me know. I paid $95 and will let it go cheap.

uh50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hchaney.com
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Does this enable you to not have to insert the key once in the car? If so, then it seems worth a few hundred dollars to me.
[/QUOTE]
You can remote start, but you do have to use the key in order to drive.

uh50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hchaney.com
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ok quick question? and sorry if this has been asked .. I have xl awd do I have to purchase the Ford perimeter plus thing and the key fob to make remote start work? or do I just have to purchase the remote start 1 button???
[/QUOTE]
You do not need to purchase the additional remote start button. Your Maverick fob will remote start the truck as well as arm the VSS.
Sponsored