Sponsored

Ford Selling a Standalone Remote Start Fob (w/out Lariat or Lux)

mav_can

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X3, 2018 Mustang EB Premium
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
For those of us who ordered an XL or XLT (non Lux), and don't get remote start on the keyfob. You can order this part from Ford and just add it to your keychain. Not bad for $95 since it's coded to your Maverick and you don't have to mess with aftermarket or third party solutions.

Ford-JS7Z-15K601-B | Customize Your Ford

Of course, you can always use the app. But on my current vehicle it generally takes more than a minute to connect which is kind of annoying. Maybe FordPass has a stronger connection.
Sponsored

grumpyunk

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Mariner 85 Ranger 97 T-bird 87 Sable
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What does this detail mean(copied from the page):

"Security/Remote Start System Module must be purchased separately. "

MavrickEcoBoost

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
For those of us who ordered an XL or XLT (non Lux), and don't get remote start on the keyfob. You can order this part from Ford and just add it to your keychain. Not bad for $95 since it's coded to your Maverick and you don't have to mess with aftermarket or third party solutions.

Of course, you can always use the app. But on my current vehicle it generally takes more than a minute to connect which is kind of annoying. Maybe FordPass has a stronger connection.
This is what you will need

https://accessories.ford.com/electronic-module-13225.html#2022/Maverick

ML3Z-19A361-A

https://accessories.ford.com/remote-control-system-11978.html#2022/Maverick

JS7Z-15K601-C

If you go this route it would need to be dealer installed.

Or you can go aftermarket when they come out, use the factory key and spend around 75-125 total. And anyone can install the aftermarket in minutes.

OldSoulNewMaverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Kia Soul
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The lower end Mav models don't have keyless start. Wouldn't there need to be additional equipment?

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The lower end Mav models don't have keyless start. Wouldn't there need to be additional equipment?
That's where the security system module MavrickEcoBoost linked comes in. Sounds like that includes the dealership adjusting the PCM settings to allow remote start.

I'll take a (relatively) plug and play OEM-sponsored solution for remote start any day. Aftermarket ones almost inevitably become an issue a few years down the road and are a pain to diagnose. Recently had one of our work vehicles towed because the key antitheft bypass from the remote start acted up and put it in limp mode.

Sponsored

OP
OP
mav_can

mav_can

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X3, 2018 Mustang EB Premium
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It’s true that someone else linked a module that may be required in this instance.

But just one thing, even the barebones standard XL has remote start through the FordPass app. So the functionality is definitely there on every model. That’s why I’m a bit confused on why anything else would be required on top of just programming the fob to the vehicle.

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That's where the security system module MavrickEcoBoost linked comes in. Sounds like that includes the dealership adjusting the PCM settings to allow remote start.

I'll take a (relatively) plug and play OEM-sponsored solution for remote start any day. Aftermarket ones almost inevitably become an issue a few years down the road and are a pain to diagnose. Recently had one of our work vehicles towed because the key antitheft bypass from the remote start acted up and put it in limp mode.
tRU

True Dat- Put a DEI unit on our highlander two years ago- POS- Thing doesnt start when you push the remote button but will start on its own ! Never again

phobiarg

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Wonder if this would work in my XL. I have the FordPass app and can remote start it that way.

uh50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hchaney.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, VB, 2.0 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

I have an XL and it is supposed to work with it. I purchased the Fob and a Ford Security System add on. Just need to install.:) Been busy with more important stuff like SiriusXM.

uh50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hchaney.com
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Wonder if this would work in my XL. I have the FordPass app and can remote start it that way.
Yes, it is supposed to. I don't remember for sure, but I think I had to purchase the security system with the fob...but that's from memory and, huh...huh...huh?

Sponsored

Trippleplay

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tripp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wouldn't just be easier to use your phone? That is include in all trim levels, right? With this, you'd have to carry two fobs for XLT and Lariat? Or am I missing something? Guess I see why you might want it for XL.

uh50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hchaney.com
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Wouldn't just be easier to use your phone? That is include in all trim levels, right? With this, you'd have to carry two fobs for XLT and Lariat? Or am I missing something? Guess I see why you might want it for XL.
Well, you are right except I choose not to have a smart phone. I carried that tie to my office for years. When I retired, I don't need it so I have a flip phone without data or camera.:cool:

dwanna12

First Name
kess
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
I have an XL and it is supposed to work with it. I purchased the Fob and a Ford Security System add on. Just need to install.:) Been busy with more important stuff like SiriusXM.

Ok quick question? and sorry if this has been asked .. I have xl awd do I have to purchase the Ford perimeter plus thing and the key fob to make remote start work? or do I just have to purchase the remote start 1 button???

uh50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hchaney.com
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Ok quick question? and sorry if this has been asked .. I have xl awd do I have to purchase the Ford perimeter plus thing and the key fob to make remote start work? or do I just have to purchase the remote start 1 button???
As I understand it, yes you have to purchase the Security System which has a module which learns the Ford system and enables the Remote Start Fob. Of course, I received the wrong Security System and in the process of correcting that now.

PriusHater

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rocketstem.org
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Does this enable you to not have to insert the key once in the car? If so, then it seems worth a few hundred dollars to me.
Sponsored