roc129

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Mazada B2300
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Maybe this has been posted already, can somebody tell me when "launch day" is? They keep saying available at launch.
Sponsored

CACTI_HYBRID

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wouldn't it make sense to provide every dealer with at least one hybrid and one Ecoboost Maverick, not to be sold but only for use as demonstrators? I am excited at the hybrid but will not order until I have driven one. I have to think I'm not the only one with a try-before-buy attitude.

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am excited at the hybrid but will not order until I have driven one. I have to think I'm not the only one with a try-before-buy attitude.
I'm sure there are many like yourself, but with thousands of us ready to buy sight unseen and Ford will be many months building those, maybe there will be some demos this summer.

hcforde

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hawley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Insight, E350, Toyota Sequoia
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wouldn't it make sense to provide every dealer with at least one hybrid and one Ecoboost Maverick, not to be sold but only for use as demonstrators? I am excited at the hybrid but will not order until I have driven one. I have to think I'm not the only one with a try-before-buy attitude.
There are about 3300 dealers in the US alone. They are so behind I do not think they are going to provide every dealer with EB and Hybrid demos. Some of the early produced models(I think there are about 1200 or so) may be used for showroom purposes, actual driving demos; NOT SURE,

Sponsored

hcforde

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hawley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Insight, E350, Toyota Sequoia
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm sure there are many like yourself, but with thousands of us ready to buy sight unseen and Ford will be many months building those, maybe there will be some demos this summer.
.. I am with you on that, but once people see them on the road and word of mouth starts to travel, I think it will bring in another flood of orders..

Maybe it will spawn a new business Uber and Lyft driver can give you a ride for the transportation cost.

If this happens....I want a cut for every ride given :giggle: ;) (y).

chips46

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2l 2022 ford maverick lariat lux fx4 tow 4x4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Wow where did you come up with that ? Ford from the start had this truck advertised as a hybrid. In the releases it was advertised as the 40 mpg truck, a standard base hybrid, and usually mentioned a 2.0 engine as also available. To say that Ford expected to sell more 2.0 non hybrids than 40 mpg under 20,000 hybrid trucks isnt true. https://www.nbcnews.com/business/autos/ford-announces-new-maverick-hybrid-pickup-rcna1141

DETROIT — Ford Motor’s new Maverick truck will be the first pickup in America with a standard gas-electric hybrid engine when it goes on sale this fall starting at about $20,000.

Why in the world would Ford with all these marketing efforts on a hybrid think they would sell 60% standard ?
I got these numbers from other posts on this site. Tim at Long McArthur also mentioned this on one of his videos. I also thought this was weird, the hybrid is after all the standard drive train.

jmjjr6

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Same answer, it wouldn't be enough. Well they didn't say this or that. That is why politicians are told to keep their mouths shut on certain topics.
[/QUOT

you need to get the vaccine before delivery. President mandate on all Maverick owners

adawalli

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Explorer Platinum, 2010 Toyota Prius 3
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It makes way more sense to sell them to people already willing to give you the money

TheGriffin1313

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mongo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mav, 05 M3, 07GSXR
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The entire automotive industry has gone thru a paradigm shift. They will no longer have endless inventory on hand they have ones and twozis and that is it. After last year’s fiasco of endless new cars sitting around going nowhere they have now shifted to selling used cars as they have been way more profitable to sell vs a new car with no margin. So and Ford and Gm will not crack out cars and have them sitting in lots. I still don’t know where all that inventory went last year. Who was buying cars staying at home. Some if the chip shortage is true but its is used as an excuse to show for unit sales are not as they where.
This is the new car market and it will be this way for a long time. They are not going to stock vehicles like the used too. That is how the can get marked adjusted prices on new cars. In some states dealers can bend over backwards in other states they hold all the cards. 4% below invoice is insane and koodos to them. Comifornia will probably charge me the diff to register it here.

Redneck Garage

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.theredneckgarage.com
Vehicle(s)
10 Wrangler 22 Lexus 22 Maverick 23 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Personally I feel lied to. Ford says no delay on the hybrid then tells dealers uh we won't be building any hybrids anytime soon. If the OKTB is truly December 8 that makes sense. I certainly wasn't told it would be an 8 month or more wait in July. The whole - we won't supply dealers with trucks before customer orders - lie. Appareny only the hybrid will be restricted. Dealers are receiving a bunch of Mavericks - EcoBoosts. After what the poor Bronco order holders have had to endure switching orders to the following year........ yeah this delay on Mavericks isn't that surprising but it is disappointing .
Sponsored