Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Then what is your take on it? I have a feeling it is the eCVT component.
It could just as easily be the inverter/converter or other control components for the hybrid. Folks like the fixate on the transaxle because of its updated design and initial slow production, but there's higher complexity components elsewhere as well.

Unlikely_Username

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
After the news the last few days I paid a visit the the dealership. I was told that if my hybrid had not been scheduled that I will not see it until the next production year Model. I asked for clarification and with a straight face the sale manager looked at me and said 2023. I dropped the hybrid and first edition package. Not sure what is going or why all the confusion. Things seem to change every week But I do trust the dealership that I ordered from. And so far have receive good advice on the process. I was sold on and motivated by the hybrid but now that I have seen in person the cool factor of the maverick I am good with the 2.0.
You just got conned by a salesman.

CoryDallas8123

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A4, Chevy Chevelle SS, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am stoked to see one moving…but I am sorry, that $3.5k cap on there is like kissing your sister.
I agree, they really missed the mark with those toppers. And the price, ouch!

Reactions: TCK

elticual

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Optima
Seeing the PR spokesperson 'reaffirming' that the Hybrid's scheduling is affected and not production seems to prove their fundamental misreading of the situation; that Hybriders are concerned that scheduled trucks will suddenly not get built, instead of the truth that Hybriders are concerned that their truck will not be scheduled for the fall.

There's no delay on the ones scheduled, but there is a delay on scheduling (for at least this week).

It's all a play to keep the Hybrid fence sitters in place. They're trying to be vague so that the Unscheduled among us don't get a clear picture on how long we'll have to wait on the Hybrid engine. I don't particularly care, I'm going to make my fence nice and cozy, but it's interesting to see how it will all unfold.

Sponsored

hcforde

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hawley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Insight, E350, Toyota Sequoia
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It could just as easily be the inverter/converter or other control components for the hybrid. Folks like the fixate on the transaxle because of its updated design and initial slow production, but there's higher complexity components elsewhere as well.
Yes could be as well. In another post I commented about the complexity of the hybrid components and the tolerances required. This is an all new in-house FORD design with molded in magnets. We have not heard if the other components are in-house or from a vendor that is constrained for parts. I am all for this hybrid and will wait for as long as it takes

hcforde

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hawley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Insight, E350, Toyota Sequoia
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There's no delay on the ones scheduled, but there is a delay on scheduling (for at least this week).

It's all a play to keep the Hybrid fence sitters in place. They're trying to be vague so that the Unscheduled among us don't get a clear picture on how long we'll have to wait on the Hybrid engine. I don't particularly care, I'm going to make my fence nice and cozy, but it's interesting to see how it will all unfold.
Yep. I was one of those that ordered a 4K Tow pkg with 2.0EB FWD. When that got dropped I went to the hybrid. As it turns out not even the AWD w/ 4K tow will handle the travel trailer I want to pull(3900lbs dry). So I am going with a Nissan to pull and the Mav Hybrid as my in-town vehicle. The both of them should last me 15years easy. Do you play Backgammon? We can play that while we are on that fence. (y)

Red Ryder

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT Iconic Silver
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ain't that the truth.

You want to know the things that I've been unable to get at different points due to the pandemic?

Bottled water
Iced tea bags
Chai
Frappe mix
Flavored syrup
Cocktail napkins
Plastic cups
Cold cup lids
Drink sleeves
Soda
Apple juice
Orange juice
Soy milk
Straws
Stirrers

And these are not complicated things to produce. Semiconductors and auto parts are infinitely more complex.
The only thing that I haven't been able to get at any point since starting this quest 14 months ago is a Ford. Started with Bronco Sport order and now a hybrid.
I've even bought computers and other consumer electronics. Got my wife a new CX-5 last winter.

Nunyabiznus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cyber Orange Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wow where did you come up with that ? Ford from the start had this truck advertised as a hybrid. In the releases it was advertised as the 40 mpg truck, a standard base hybrid, and usually mentioned a 2.0 engine as also available. To say that Ford expected to sell more 2.0 non hybrids than 40 mpg under 20,000 hybrid trucks isnt true. https://www.nbcnews.com/business/autos/ford-announces-new-maverick-hybrid-pickup-rcna1141

DETROIT — Ford Motor’s new Maverick truck will be the first pickup in America with a standard gas-electric hybrid engine when it goes on sale this fall starting at about $20,000.

Why in the world would Ford with all these marketing efforts on a hybrid think they would sell 60% standard ?
Buy me hybrid standard (we don't realy want to sell that, buy the EB)

rognus

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid, Subaru Impreza
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sponsored

TCK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetta Sportwagen
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

BlondBeachBum

First Name
Marie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma, Outback
I keep on putting off selling my 2018 Tacoma because in 2018 there weren’t any Rangers. I want a smaller hybrid baby truck!! Come on Maverick.

I also have a station wagon but all my “friends “ need my truck.

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Boxster S, 2018 BMW M5, Ducati's, Suzuki's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

A spoon full of sugar people.... If they were going to be able to deliver all of the retail Hybrids those who have been waiting for almost 3 months would be have heard something by now.

vap0rtranz

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mav Hybrid XLT, '17 Chevy Colo Z71 diesel
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What they realy mean is ''we have some that are already scheduled, those will be on time. Everyone after that hurry up and wait''
Yup! Hybrids were scheduled so technically they will have built them.
Sponsored