Banned
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT/Lariat.. Undecided still :O
I'm trying to make sense of the production numbers. I've read that:

• The Hermasillo plant has a capacity of 25k builds/months (300k per year).
  • Expected Mav production for Nov-Dec is under 5k builds/month.
  • If Bronco production is equally slow (just a guess) that's another 5k builds/month.
  • So, the plant might be running at 10k builds/month in November.

That's about 40% capacity. Which is bad but also good. If they can get up to, say, 80% capacity -- split equally Maverick/Bronco -- that would mean 10k Maverick builds/month.

Which would carve down the current backlog pretty quickly -- sometime in 2022.:cry:
300k/year is max capacity @ 3 shifts I believe.

From a recent article, it was confirmed that there are 2 shifts currently running @ Hermosillo. That drops the yearly capacity that they are actually running at to just 200k/yr (~17k a month). I have no doubt Bronco Sport production will slow down and eventually take a break as they transition from 2021 - 2022 MY. I believe 2021MY Bronco Sport production ends around October 29th, while 2022MY Bronco Sports start up November 11th. That will give roughly 8 full production days of just Mavericks in early November, I can only assume they'll produce as many as they have parts for.

We know the production numbers out of Hermosillo through August, so we can all speculate what we think Sept-Dec will yield, but the truth is, Ford will produce as many Mavericks and Bronco Sports as they have the parts for. If they had the supplies to run three shifts right now, I have a strong suspicion that they would be.
Sponsored

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The bottle neck is in the supply chain.
Whether or not they can produce more Mavericks during said break depends entirely on securing enough parts.
Thanks. That's been said frequently and is certainly true. My point was only about plant capacity.

Current order backlog is probably about 30k-40k. Last I heard, Ford was planning to sell about 110k 2022 Mavericks.

IF the parts show up, the plant has the capacity to get through that in 3 or 4 months and produce the entire 2022 crop before the model year is over.

IF the parts don't show up, well, we already know how that goes.

FirstFord

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have no doubt Bronco Sport production will slow down and eventually take a break as they transition from 2021 - 2022 MY. I believe 2021MY Bronco Sport production ends around October 29th, while 2022MY Bronco Sports start up November 11th. That will give roughly 8 full production days of just Mavericks in early November, I can only assume they'll produce as many as they have parts for.
I've seen this statement several times throughout this forum. I don't believe that it's correct.
The entire reason for a turnover shutdown is to changeover tools and materials from one configuration to support the next. I expect that capacity will be idle during the changeover period and not available for Maverick production.

Perhaps someone with up to date auto line experience can make a definitive statement on this, though I think that by now any Ford forum members have been muzzled ;)

Gabbydad

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I haven't read all the comments on here, but the availability of the Hybrid at launch is NOT the topic of the referenced documentation. The fact that some hybrids are scheduled to be built over the next month is not in question. The referenced forum thread calls Ford's future ability to build hybrids into question.

Honestly, Ford is still being dishonest here. Ford's response here is akin to my son replying "I washed my hands" after I ask him if he flushed the toilet.

People have a right to be concerned based on how the Ford Bronco roll-out has gone. Given the Bronco's issues, Ford's seeming inability to meet demand for the "base engine" is a clear cause for concern and consternation among those of us who reserved a hybrid. I am biding my time before passing judgement, but at the moment it feels like a clear case of "bait and switch" for the severe majority of us who reserved hybrid Mavericks and/or had the audacity to select options Ford is not ready to offer in mass.

Since Ford is being cagey, they leave the matter up to the wild speculation of the Internets.
Ford Maverick Ford Says No Maverick Hybrid Delay. Will Be Available at Launch [Updated With Mike Levine Tweet] 4EBA6392-3848-429B-9FD1-9C6E9B7ACB2C

zeketolliver

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hyundai Tuscon NLine
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm trying to make sense of the production numbers. I've read that:

• The Hermasillo plant has a capacity of 25k builds/months (300k per year).
  • Expected Mav production for Nov-Dec is under 5k builds/month.
  • If Bronco production is equally slow (just a guess) that's another 5k builds/month.
  • So, the plant might be running at 10k builds/month in November.

That's about 40% capacity. Which is bad but also good. If they can get up to, say, 80% capacity -- split equally Maverick/Bronco -- that would mean 10k Maverick builds/month.

Which would carve down the current backlog pretty quickly -- sometime in 2022.:cry:
I honestly think Covid is a bigger factor in this than anybody seems to want to give it credit.

Sponsored

Chris McD

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I honestly think Covid is a bigger factor in this than anybody seems to want to give it credit.
Yeah. People forget this. Covid really screwed supply issues with toilet paper, lumber, even boba. Cars require way more parts than these items. I'm sure there's other things short handed on top of the semiconductors.

yakefu

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don't believe them until I see the Hybrid Mavericks are scheduled as Ecoboost ones. Even it's 1/3 of the weekly scheduled numbers.

Bill Cather

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Reading between the lines became a thing because PR and lawyer speak became things. Companies repeatedly lie and misrepresent their position through language so it becomes necessary to be able to decipher that language. If things aren't stated plainly then there is little reason to believe it. When companies give themselves an out it's better to believe that they're taking that out than to be blindsided.

You call it conspiratorial, but really it's just being an aware consumer.
ahhhh.... some may be good consumers. Those consumers understand and chill...... I agree with Hdang1980.. It seems there is a parade in the GRASSY KNOLL

Platinum2

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
hahaha. Hurt feelings from a person who tried to scoreboard Hybrid order holders with "Add fuel to fire for the hybrid folks."

Can't take a little ribbing then don't even post something with a backhanded statement like that.
No hurt feelings here. My Maverick is scheduled.

Sponsored

Unlikely_Username

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
A couple more relevant Levine tweets:

Makes me feel a bit more like the 0% hybrid scheduling will be short lived.

Chris McD

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
A couple more relevant Levine tweets:

Makes me feel a bit more like the 0% hybrid scheduling will be short lived.
I'll also confirm with Mike Levine this Sunday since I'll be at the Blue Bottle Coffee meet up.

MomaK61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250, Subaru Ascent
I hope this is true but it is funny that all the scheduling emails seem to be for the 2.0. Not seeing any happy hybrid orders.

CSMH

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
I hope this is true but it is funny that all the scheduling emails seem to be for the 2.0. Not seeing any happy hybrid orders.
After the news the last few days I paid a visit the the dealership. I was told that if my hybrid had not been scheduled that I will not see it until the next production year Model. I asked for clarification and with a straight face the sale manager looked at me and said 2023. I dropped the hybrid and first edition package. Not sure what is going or why all the confusion. Things seem to change every week But I do trust the dealership that I ordered from. And so far have receive good advice on the process. I was sold on and motivated by the hybrid but now that I have seen in person the cool factor of the maverick I am good with the 2.0.

Tjman

First Name
Igor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Ha. Did the same thing yesterday with my dealer. Hybrid is a very cool concept but the EcoBoost is proven and just fine for my purposes. Fortunately for me, not a matter of cost. Just bought a MB C300 to tide me over, so with the Mav, I’ll have 3 vehicles and figure MAV may only see 8,000 miles a year. I know I’ll get skewered for this but the Santa Cruz is also pretty cool and if my MAV doesn’t get scheduled (June 21 order) by the time I can get the SC Ltd in green for MSRP, I may pull that trigger. Love the MAV but obviously it may be a bit of a wait. Can always jump in later next year. Strange times when an automobile manufacturer(s) has so much pent up demand they can’t meet. Must be driving them crazy too. I’m sure they will do all they can in the circumstances, but we all have itches we need to scratch!
Enjoy reading the forum. The laughs, the tears, the raw emotion, the fistfights, the drama, the twists and turns…… Currently in negotiations with Netflix to make it into a mini series………..
Sponsored