First Name
Hawley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Insight, E350, Toyota Sequoia
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just a gentle reminder that @fordvideoguy explained in the last broadcast that these notes are week-to-week (yes, I know towards the end he said it still makes him nervous)
People also have to realize that the Hermosillo plant does not concentrate on Mavericks. There will be weeks when NO Mavericks are built. Therefore that statement concerning hybrids taken at true face value should NOT cause such an uproar.
Sponsored

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Automotive News happens to interpret Ford's statement as backing up the fact that production scheduling has been halted in spite of how the other news agencies did.
Thanks for the info.

That's a subscription-only publication, unfortunately. Can you give us the money quotes?

Thanks...

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

CoryDallas8123

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A4, Chevy Chevelle SS, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So, you'll just be a smart-ass to someone who was just sharing some pictures. I won't be doing that again. I also had a nice discussion with the engineer who was driving that truck and spoke with a few of the others that were driving the other three Mavericks parked nearby.

But, I won't go into any of that since you decided be Captain Prick.
hahaha. Hurt feelings from a person who tried to scoreboard Hybrid order holders with "Add fuel to fire for the hybrid folks."

Can't take a little ribbing then don't even post something with a backhanded statement like that.

Reactions: TCK

Hack

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 & 2018 Honda CRV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
'Looks like a road trip drawer. I almost never eat junk food - except on road trips. Then, first gas stop, I gotta' have a big bag of the spicy Doritos. The ones that turn your fingers and clothes orange.

Sponsored

zeketolliver

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hyundai Tuscon NLine
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I haven't read all the comments on here, but the availability of the Hybrid at launch is NOT the topic of the referenced documentation. The fact that some hybrids are scheduled to be built over the next month is not in question. The referenced forum thread calls Ford's future ability to build hybrids into question.

Honestly, Ford is still being dishonest here. Ford's response here is akin to my son replying "I washed my hands" after I ask him if he flushed the toilet.

People have a right to be concerned based on how the Ford Bronco roll-out has gone. Given the Bronco's issues, Ford's seeming inability to meet demand for the "base engine" is a clear cause for concern and consternation among those of us who reserved a hybrid. I am biding my time before passing judgement, but at the moment it feels like a clear case of "bait and switch" for the severe majority of us who reserved hybrid Mavericks and/or had the audacity to select options Ford is not ready to offer in mass.

Since Ford is being cagey, they leave the matter up to the wild speculation of the Internets.

pnorwood54

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ALTO BLUE XTL AWD-4K-FX4-360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Update September 9, 2021, 8:24 a.m. ET: In a response to Jalopnik, Ford Communications Manager Dawn McKenzie confirmed the validity of the bulletin but reaffirmed that the decision concerns scheduling, not production.

casanewt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 KIA Sportage X-Line Prestige PHEV
Engine
Undecided
Update September 9, 2021, 8:24 a.m. ET: In a response to Jalopnik, Ford Communications Manager Dawn McKenzie confirmed the validity of the bulletin but reaffirmed that the decision concerns scheduling, not production.

LOL. Scheduling is step one of production. I get that they are saying builds that have already been scheduled are going to be produced, but seriously, we already understood that is what they were saying in the bulletin.

pnorwood54

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ALTO BLUE XTL AWD-4K-FX4-360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
LOL. Scheduling is step one of production. I get that they are saying builds that have already been scheduled are going to be produced, but seriously, we already understood that is what they were saying in the bulletin.
this only confirms that the bulletin was real/valid

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Still wishy-washy.

Dawn McKenzie confirmed the validity of the bulletin: that Maverick Hybrid Scheduling has stopped until further notice

She did not address when Maverick Hybrid Scheduling would resume

Her comment about production is meaningless as those who have build dates will get built, thus produced (production)

What she didn't answer at all is how long until those of us who ordered Hybrid Mavericks will have to wait until we see further build dates and exactly how many months will it take Ford to get caught up on the Hybrid Maverick orders outstanding.

Sponsored

Big Kahuna

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'd be less worried about the Hybrid scheduling and more worried about the overall production numbers being so low. Based on some of the numbers being reported that factory is not going to push out a lot of Mavericks in 2021.

altomav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Keven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick, '71 GMC
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Don’t believe everything you read and or see on the internet. That’s web 101. Just relax grab a drink and wait your turn. Next thing people are going to start posting is tires are unavailable!!!! Some people on here are crazy enough to contact there dealer and request there build be delivered with no tires and wheels so they can feel like they will get it sooner. This is actually funny to see.
The article I read was actually quoted from this site as a source. haha

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm trying to make sense of the production numbers. I've read that:

• The Hermasillo plant has a capacity of 25k builds/months (300k per year).
  • Expected Mav production for Nov-Dec is under 5k builds/month.
  • If Bronco production is equally slow (just a guess) that's another 5k builds/month.
  • So, the plant might be running at 10k builds/month in November.

That's about 40% capacity. Which is bad but also good. If they can get up to, say, 80% capacity -- split equally Maverick/Bronco -- that would mean 10k Maverick builds/month.

Which would carve down the current backlog pretty quickly -- sometime in 2022.:cry:

MarkG

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
I'm trying to make sense of the production numbers. I've read that:

• The Hermasillo plant has a capacity of 25k builds/months (300k per year).
  • Expected Mav production for Nov-Dec is under 5k builds/month.
  • If Bronco production is equally slow (just a guess) that's another 5k builds/month.
  • So, the plant might be running at 10k builds/month in November.

That's about 40% capacity. Which is bad but also good. If they can get up to, say, 80% capacity -- split equally Maverick/Bronco -- that would mean 10k Maverick builds/month.

Which would carve down the current backlog pretty quickly -- sometime in 2022.:cry:
The bottle neck is in the supply chain. Until that gets resolved, don't expect the factory to be operating anywhere near capacity.
Sponsored