Mustang
Trim
Undecided
Updated with tweet from Mike Levine:

Anyone else scratching their head??

Ford says the 2022 Maverick Hybrid remains on track
It won't initially build inventory units, however
September 8, 2021​
Ford denied reports the hybrid version of the 2022 Maverick pickup had been delayed due to the on-going chip shortage. It told Autoblog the fuel-sipping trucklet will be available at launch but just not in dealer inventories.​
"Maverick Hybrid will be available at launch," a company spokesperson confirmed via email. Another spokesperson we spoke to added that "both the Maverick Hybrid and EcoBoost will soon be on their way to dealer showrooms, and customers can currently order both trucks from their local dealer."​
The rumor is rooted in a document allegedly sent by Ford to its dealers and published by forum Maverick Truck Club. It notes "hybrid orders will not be selected for scheduling" until further notice. It provides no additional details about the issue, but the forum speculates the delay is linked to the chip shortage taking a toll on the industry. What it seemingly does not specify is that the document (whose authenticity hasn't been verified) refers to hybrid inventory orders, not to hybrid retail orders. In other words, hybrid trucks ordered by customers will be built, but none will be sitting on dealer lots. This strategy falls in line with what Ford announced in early August 2021.​
Another interesting point mentioned on the document is that the front-wheel-drive Maverick is no longer available with the Trailer Tow Package (53Q). Ford was not able to immediately comment on this point.​
Demand for the Maverick has been surprisingly high. Reservations for the compact pickup topped 100,000 in August 2021, about 2½ months after the unveiling, and many are being converted into paid orders.​
Advertisement

Last edited by a moderator:

Stock411

XLT
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 Lexus IS300
Trim
XLT
I've heard that the memo that was sent varies week by week according to long mcarthur ford.

perhaps the "Until further notice" might mean a week or maybe two before it resumes.
Just my guess

jasperpants

XLT
First Name
Jason
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Trim
XLT
I think they are telling the truth that it's not linked to chip shortages. It's battery issues. Same vendor that supplies the Chevy Bolt and look how that's going!

SuperTongue

Lariat
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic
Trim
Lariat
The cynic in me says they could technically say the Hybrid was available at launch by delivering a handful of units in comparison to the EcoBoost orders. Just because it's available doesn't mean there's going to be that many of them.

Hope that's not true but it's not like Ford has really given us much hope at many Hybrids being delivered for awhile.

Hoosier Daddy

XLT
First Name
Mark
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sorento Focus
Trim
XLT
Anyone else scratching their head??

Ford says the 2022 Maverick Hybrid remains on track
It won't initially build inventory units, however
September 8, 2021​
Ford denied reports the hybrid version of the 2022 Maverick pickup had been delayed due to the on-going chip shortage. It told Autoblog the fuel-sipping trucklet will be available at launch but just not in dealer inventories.​
"Maverick Hybrid will be available at launch," a company spokesperson confirmed via email. Another spokesperson we spoke to added that "both the Maverick Hybrid and EcoBoost will soon be on their way to dealer showrooms, and customers can currently order both trucks from their local dealer."​
The rumor is rooted in a document allegedly sent by Ford to its dealers and published by forum Maverick Truck Club. It notes "hybrid orders will not be selected for scheduling" until further notice. It provides no additional details about the issue, but the forum speculates the delay is linked to the chip shortage taking a toll on the industry. What it seemingly does not specify is that the document (whose authenticity hasn't been verified) refers to hybrid inventory orders, not to hybrid retail orders. In other words, hybrid trucks ordered by customers will be built, but none will be sitting on dealer lots. This strategy falls in line with what Ford announced in early August 2021.​
Another interesting point mentioned on the document is that the front-wheel-drive Maverick is no longer available with the Trailer Tow Package (53Q). Ford was not able to immediately comment on this point.​
Demand for the Maverick has been surprisingly high. Reservations for the compact pickup topped 100,000 in August 2021, about 2½ months after the unveiling, and many are being converted into paid orders.​
Getting more confused by the day.

starquestbd22

XLT
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Trim
XLT
I take two things from this.

1. The assumptions that are regularly made based on very little info (and the overreactions that typically accompany them) around here has finally reached the level that a media outlet has seen fit to directly report on it, lol.

2. The dealer that shared that email is probably going to get a severe tongue lashing, finger wagging, or maybe worse. I'm sure Ford loves to put out fires because of a dealer that shared what appears to have been an internal memo. I'm glad we have dealers willing to share what they know and I'm not saying they shouldn't have. I just can't imagine Ford is happy about it.

pnorwood54

XLT
First Name
paul
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
kia niro
Trim
XLT

JVolpe

Lariat
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
beater truck
Trim
Lariat
article does NOT address "no hybrid sheduling until further notice". Ford's reply email only refers to already scheduled hybrids, no new info.
THIS! ☝👆⬆

Ford's reply doesn't mean that future Hybrid scheduling hasn't stopped for now. Just means that the hybrids already scheduled for production by launch will stay on schedule.

Advertisement

Advertisement