glider

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 4runner 2019 Honda civic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford Power-Up software updates? I wonder what updates there are.
My vehicle dashboard on ford.com says I need these.
I disconnected the ford pass app. My battery is good. I doubt I need this stuff.
'24 lariat hybrid. 680 miles in 2 months.
Sponsored

stevj

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Stev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Hybrid Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Had my Maverick a whole week now.
Turned off the connected vehicle/software updates/wireless connect/wireless hotspot.
And because the key fob is not equiped with an on/off switch(yet), the keyless entry (intelligent access) function was also turned off.
Yep. I now have to push the lock and unlock buttons on the remote (however will I survive?).
Then turned off Bluetooth unless I need to re-connect my phone for some reason.

Nothing broken - nothing to update.
Vehicle not broadcasting. Ford Pass app on my phone complains about this. I'm sure it won't be long until that nuisance of a program is uninstalled.

Steve

OP
OP

glider

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 4runner 2019 Honda civic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Turned off the connected vehicle/software updates/wireless connect/wireless hotspot.
And because the key fob is not equiped with an on/off switch(yet), the keyless entry (intelligent access) function was also turned off.
Yep. I now have to push the lock and unlock buttons on the remote (however will I survive?).

Vehicle not broadcasting. Ford Pass app on my phone complains about this. I'm sure it won't be long until that nuisance of a program is uninstalled.

Steve
Yes, uninstalled the Ford Pass app on my phone as well.

Bohefus

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Lariat BAP, 2016 Mazda 3
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Steve
Why?

Sponsored

Bob The Builder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Cherokee ** 2023 Mav FX/4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I've noticed more folks with hybrids seem akin to turning off and or deleting the app. Maybe it is best for them given deep sleeps and the like. As for my EB, I have no issues with any of it as it really hasn't adversely affected things at all. On the contrary, the remote start from the app works great. Not an issue having to wait 30 seconds per so for it to start.

OleFordGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lariat, Expedition Limited, 22 Mav Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I think it’s an effort to lessen the deep sleep, won’t start, low battery issues some of the hybrid versions are plagued with

stevj

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Stev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Hybrid Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Why turn off all of those things you mentioned? Just curious why you would do that.
For a number of reasons that may or may not seem valid:
1. As @OleFordGuy noted, doing what I can to avoid the deep sleep situation that seems to afflict Mavericks, so eliminating as much unnecessary battery drain as I can. As time passes, if I feel a need, might turn on a thing or two to see what's affected.
2. Vehicle and fob not broadcasting. Trying to eliminate possibility of relay attack theft.
I do a lot of travelling, so the Maverick is very exposed.
3. Software updates: No need. Everything works as advertised.
I'm sure, if I ever have to take it to Ford for some service I can't do, they'll happily apply all the software updates whether I want them to or not.

The only updates I do want: vehicle exterior lighting upgrade and turning off that irritating bonking backup noise. Soon as I find the noisemaker, I'm gonna slit its throat disconnect it.

Steve

Bohefus

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Lariat BAP, 2016 Mazda 3
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
For a number of reasons that may or may not seem valid:
1. As @OleFordGuy noted, doing what I can to avoid the deep sleep situation that seems to afflict Mavericks, so eliminating as much unnecessary battery drain as I can. As time passes, if I feel a need, might turn on a thing or two to see what's affected.
2. Vehicle and fob not broadcasting. Trying to eliminate possibility of relay attack theft.
I do a lot of travelling, so the Maverick is very exposed.
3. Software updates: No need. Everything works as advertised.
I'm sure, if I ever have to take it to Ford for some service I can't do, they'll happily apply all the software updates whether I want them to or not.

The only updates I do want: vehicle exterior lighting upgrade and turning off that irritating bonking backup noise. Soon as I find the noisemaker, I'm gonna slit its throat disconnect it.

Steve
Sounds good & makes sense

Sponsored

jeepgrady

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee L. 2022 Lincoln Corsair
Engine
Undecided
I think it’s an effort to lessen the deep sleep, won’t start, low battery issues some of the hybrid versions are plagued with
Not only the hybrid models have these issues. Turned off the feature on both my eco Maverick as well as my 22 Corsair as both batteries had to be replaced since I don't drive often. The vehicle communicating with my phone even when ignition off is pathetic. The app just gives redundant info I can get from my dash.

Waterick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mav Lariat, '14 Prius, '83 'Stang, more...
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Steve
Did you pull fuse 11 in the passengers footwell also? It's the telemetrics power for the modem that sends so much private info out.

PebbleMav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL, Subaru Crosstrek Sport
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Maverick external speaker bypass kit @ $49.99
Just installed one in my Mach-e.
No more under 20 mph "garbage truck" sound.
No more backup beeping (which I didn't mind, actually)
And no displayed function warnings.
https://www.megaohmmotorsports.com/product/ford-psbk-ece

BTW.. such devices are legally sold "for off-road use only"

Ford Maverick Ford Power-Up software updates. 1712983235448-k3
Sponsored

Last edited: