First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU; 2019 MX-5; 2023 & 2024 Mavericks
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I picked up my Maverick on 3/8/23. This morning, I saw in my FordPass account that I had received 42,000 points on 3/15/23. It states in the message that they "just hit your account and they're ready to use..."

I went to order some accessories today, but all my account shows (3/16/23), is my old leftover 448 points. The message about the 42,000 is still there, but the points are not in the account.

Any idea what is going on? TIA
Sponsored

Axlesup

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
85K10
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I remember it taking a couple of weeks for mine to show up. I'm probably just going to use it for service stuff.

RonFLA

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Took almost three weeks for the points to become usable in my account. Don’t worry but if you want, call:

FordPass Reward experts! You may contact them at 1-833-385-0516 between the hours of 9:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m., Monday- Friday and from 9:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. on Saturday.

Good luck and congratulations on the new truck!

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ten days is a bit quick, even for Ford. I remember it taking about a month before it showed up with the Escape.

FWIW, I used the points I earned two years ago with the Escape to buy something yesterday via the online store. The process seemed very easy. Only thing I had to pay for was shipping, which makes sense. Some things are cheaper and higher quality elsewhere, but given the points are free, can't argue with free.

Krrr

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hello! Send us a private message with your VIN and the name and location of your local Ford dealer. I’d be happy to see what I can do to assist with this points concern. Thanks! (Just Kidding)

Sponsored

tkistre

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
At or just after the sale, the sales manager (at least at my dealer) has to manually process the points on to your account. I do not believe it is an automated process. After he told me that he did it, it took 2-3 days to become usable for me.

FromAway

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat FX4 4K Cactus Grey
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Currrently Ford points are a constrained item. The raw material to produce them is in short supply. But rest assured your points have already rolled off the assembly line and are in transit to you. Anyone seen any points in Kentucky near the train tracks?

OP
OP
BradnChristine

BradnChristine

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
As usual, Ford must not mean what they say ..that they are literally "ready to use".

Ford Maverick Ford points strange behavior? Screenshot_2023-03-18-08-00-29-07_f85a9dcae275ee1e0920d804e6924647

OP
OP
BradnChristine

BradnChristine

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Update. I called FordPass (833-385-0516) this morning and the lady checked my account. She said that she saw where the requirements were all met when I purchased the truck on 3/8/23 (activate the modem, etc., all done by the salesman). AND she reported that she saw where the 42,000 points WERE awarded to me on 3/15...but then CANCELLED for no specified reason!

She said that this was NOT unusual, assured me that I had met the requirements to earn the points, but told me they couldn't "escalate" the matter until 30 days after the purchase date. Told me to call back after 30 days and they would award the points I had earned if they hadn't arrived yet.

So no one seems to have any idea why they awarded the points so soon but then quickly took them back.

Ford Tracking efficiency strikes again.

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Update. I called FordPass (833-385-0516) this morning and the lady checked my account. She said that she saw where the requirements were all met when I purchased the truck on 3/8/23 (activate the modem, etc., all done by the salesman). AND she reported that she saw where the 42,000 points WERE awarded to me on 3/15...but then CANCELLED for no specified reason!

She said that this was NOT unusual, assured me that I had met the requirements to earn the points, but told me they couldn't "escalate" the matter until 30 days after the purchase date. Told me to call back after 30 days and they would award the points I had earned if they hadn't arrived yet.

So no one seems to have any idea why they awarded the points so soon but then quickly took them back.

Ford Tracking efficiency strikes again.
So, I had a similar issue a week ago when I got a refund from Lowe's on a paid off credit card and then used the same credit card to make a penny-to-penny purchase (washer swap). Despite the refund appearing on my credit card app as pending for two days, it disappeared. Then all of the sudden it came back and posted. Why? Who knows.

It's the weekend. Check back on Monday then do what the CSR said if it still isn't there in 30 days.

Sponsored
OP
OP
BradnChristine

BradnChristine

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So, I had a similar issue a week ago when I got a refund from Lowe's on a paid off credit card and then used the same credit card to make a penny-to-penny purchase (washer swap). Despite the refund appearing on my credit card app as pending for two days, it disappeared. Then all of the sudden it came back and posted. Why? Who knows.

It's the weekend. Check back on Monday then do what the CSR said if it still isn't there in 30 days.
It is just a minor annoyance in the Ford scheme of things and I just wanted to share that point cancellation happens.
I was patiently waiting to use the points towards a modular bedliner...but if I need to wait 30 days, I will just spend real money now for the bedliner that I'd like to get installed sooner rather than later.

With 3 Fords, it's not like I won't have plenty of opportunity to use the points at the dealership later.

Captain Blackheart

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT FX4, 1968 Ranchero
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm almost embarrassed to admit that my 42,000 points were usable by me within a week. I used them towards buying Bushwhacker wheel flares off the Ford website.

JBryant

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Currrently Ford points are a constrained item. The raw material to produce them is in short supply. But rest assured your points have already rolled off the assembly line and are in transit to you. Anyone seen any points in Kentucky near the train tracks?
I think they were totaled out in derailment

OP
OP
BradnChristine

BradnChristine

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm almost embarrassed to admit that my 42,000 points were usable by me within a week. I used them towards buying Bushwhacker wheel flares off the Ford website.
Good end to the story. My points were awarded on 3/8/23...the day of purchase. But they were taken back as the sale was accidentally reported as canceled. Turns out, they mis-entered something about my X-Plan purchase.

My salesman, as usual, said they couldn't do anything about it. After emailing the Finance manager, the points were quickly returned to me. I spent them on my Modular bedliner that already arrived and I finished a slow installation yesterday...on Day 18 of ownership.
Sponsored