davedogg

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SOLD Jeep Wrangler 2 Door for Mav.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I would like some clarification. Can the XLT Hybrid use Ford Pass to remote start? Or is it the Lux model? I would love to schedule remote starts when my Maverick arrives.
Sponsored

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I would like some clarification. Can the XLT Hybrid use Ford Pass to remote start? Or is it the Lux model? I would love to schedule remote starts when my Maverick arrives.
As was said, Ford Pass and its remote lock/unlock/start features are all standard across all Ford models, no charge.

There is not a scheduling feature in the app, though I believe I have read that it can be setup through amazon alexa/google automation functionality.

The XLT Lux and Lariat have key fob remote start as well.

AeroMech21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT (Carbonized Grey)
As was said, Ford Pass and its remote lock/unlock/start features are all standard across all Ford models, no charge.

There is not a scheduling feature in the app, though I believe I have read that it can be setup through amazon alexa/google automation functionality.

Paul actually there is a scheduling feature in the Ford Pass App that allows you to schedule the start time (again, this is available for all trim packages as it is through the app). You have to go to Vehicle -> Scheduled Start. It's one over from the home screen and next to vehicle status on the right. You can set up scheduled start from there.

Ford Maverick Ford Pass Remote Start? scheduled start.JPG

BeachBum

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Area 51 AWD Maverick XLT w/ Lux
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

There is a scheduling feature in the app.

Ford Maverick Ford Pass Remote Start? Screenshot_20211207-124553

Ford Maverick Ford Pass Remote Start? Screenshot_20211207-124607

Sponsored

Rcmack32

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just purchased a Lariat Maverick. It has ford pass remote start. Can I upgrade the key fob that would have remote start button?

Bad Actor

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 Ranger XLT, 73 Mustang Base, 02 Toyota Camry
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I used the remote start several times yesterday. The second time, I could not start the truck remotely because I got the HillAssist Problem warning. Just a glitch I suspect, but could not remotely start the truck until I cleared the warning in the FordPass app.

Dudley

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Grand Cherokee
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I wish it would start within a few seconds rather than up to 30 seconds.
AND, given it is an app, I assume it works via app to tower to Maverick and back.
Or, does it link directly to your Maverick like a FOB?

Last edited:

lavaspill

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
There is a scheduling feature in the app.

Screenshot_20211207-124553.png

Screenshot_20211207-124607.png
Interesting you have a lot more options in your FordPass. I only have status and safety&security.

Ford Maverick Ford Pass Remote Start? B86BB808-4B2F-4545-BB4A-B029DD19F5A4

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD 😉
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I wish it would start within a few seconds rather than up to 30 seconds.
AND, given it is an app, I assume it works via app to tower to Maverick and back.
Or, does it link directly to your Maverick like a FOB?
It's over the internet which is how you can use it from anywhere with an internet connection, even far away from the vehicle. The request has to go from your phone to Ford's data center (likely in Dearborn), then out to the vehicle via AT&T LTE.

Sponsored

JBryant

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Interesting you have a lot more options in your FordPass. I only have status and safety&security.

B86BB808-4B2F-4545-BB4A-B029DD19F5A4.jpeg
Ford Pass remote start works perfectly on my XLT with Lux, but the key fob remote start is hit or miss. Probably works less than half the time, and when it does, you have to be very close to truck. Any suggestions regarding the key fob remote start?

lavaspill

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ford Pass remote start works perfectly on my XLT with Lux, but the key fob remote start is hit or miss. Probably works less than half the time, and when it does, you have to be very close to truck. Any suggestions regarding the key fob remote start?
I know this sounds crazy but when I put the remote under my chin and remote start I get a lot more distance from the vehicle. Other than that I have no suggestions.
Sponsored