First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Kia Forte
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am planning on getting some black tailgate letters for my Mav before it arrives. Not interested in the thin vinyl ones, but the raised ones. They look like they will hold up much better over time.

I can get ABS plastic ones all day on Amazon for about $30, but was thinking of using ford points and buying the OEM ones after the truck arrives.

I can't seem to find anywhere that actually says what they are made of. Are they ABS? Perhaps metal of some sort?

Has anyone gotten some raised ones they really liked? (either OEM or aftermarket)

Apparently window shopping for accessories is my new hobby while awaiting my Mav.
Sponsored

cowmeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I got the thirty dollar ones off Amazon you're talking about. They are raised plastic and awesome looking, and were really easy to apply, well worth it to me. The pic below are the ones I have and I added a picture (mine is the silver Maverick) in my review - I tried to add the link but I don't guess that works

Ford Maverick Ford OEM tailgate letters Untitled

Ford Maverick Ford OEM tailgate letters Screenshot

Clarkdonbran

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I think the OEM are metal. They felt heavy duty to me. I could be wrong.

Pdk0z621

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Flip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am planning on getting some black tailgate letters for my Mav before it arrives. Not interested in the thin vinyl ones, but the raised ones. They look like they will hold up much better over time.

I can get ABS plastic ones all day on Amazon for about $30, but was thinking of using ford points and buying the OEM ones after the truck arrives.

I can't seem to find anywhere that actually says what they are made of. Are they ABS? Perhaps metal of some sort?

Has anyone gotten some raised ones they really liked? (either OEM or aftermarket)

Apparently window shopping for accessories is my new hobby while awaiting my Mav.
I went with the Ford site offered lettering. Two color choices. Metal, slightly raised. $76 all in with shipping and 20% promo. I have an Alto Blue, so the polished stainless pops.

Ford Maverick Ford OEM tailgate letters IMG_20220730_165844

LeersMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Maximus GP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PriusV, Sonata PHEV, F-50 Mavrick Lariat Hybrid FE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think the OEM are metal. They felt heavy duty to me. I could be wrong.
You are correct. I installed the Stainless Steel kit. Mirror shine day and night.
Letters are raised and very solid. The stainless steel side is covered to prevent scratches during shipping and installation.

Love them, but yes, just a tad overpriced when I bought them from accessories.com from FMC.

Ford Maverick Ford OEM tailgate letters MavTailgateLetterDone

Sponsored

Guardian

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Smartcar,Alfa Romeo Spyder,Pontiac GTO,Taurus SHO
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I got the thin ones,but then went on etsy.com and noticed 3mm raised letters. I definitely recommend looking around.

JB330ci

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Hybrid, BMW M2, Lexus RX450h
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just spent 30 minutes putting black letters on. 😥

I cheaped out and got the $15 thin one. It's pain in the arse to put those on and I am pretty sure all the letters are either crooked or screwed up here and there 🥵 although you could not tell from a distance. Let's see how long will those last. If I am doing it again I will spend more $ on either metal or plastic one.
Ford Maverick Ford OEM tailgate letters 1A61B175-C37F-436D-A11C-571D8005EAF1

OP
OP
Dechion

Dechion

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Kia Forte
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You are correct. I installed the Stainless Steel kit. Mirror shine day and night.
Letters are raised and very solid. The stainless steel side is covered to prevent scratches during shipping and installation.

Love them, but yes, just a tad overpriced when I bought them from accessories.com from FMC.

MavTailgateLetterDone.jpg
Looks real nice. I like the idea of them being metal. Should prevent long term UV damage from the Florida sun.

I'll likely get the black version to go on mine. They should pop nicely against Area 51.

Only downside is waiting for the ford points to show up after already waiting for the truck.

Then again I'm already waiting on the black friday sales at Real Truck before buying my tonneau cover.

OP
OP
Dechion

Dechion

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Kia Forte
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just spent 30 minutes putting black letters on. 😥

I cheaped out and got the $15 thin one. It's pain in the arse to put those on and I am pretty sure all the letters are either crooked or screwed up here and there 🥵 although you could not tell from a distance. Let's see how long will those last. If I am doing it again I will spend more $ on either metal or plastic one.
1A61B175-C37F-436D-A11C-571D8005EAF1.jpg
Looks good. I'll be going with black ones as well.

rightmuch

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

MavTailgateLetterDone.jpg
i used my rewards points and got the black mirrored letters too. Looks great and adds a nice touch.

Sponsored

mdl20813

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Gray Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I had the black mirror Ford ones initially after I used points on them but ended up swapping them for raised ones from Etsy. The Ford ones were so reflective that you couldn’t even tell they were there most of the time bc they just reflected the Cactus gray paint surrounding them. That coupled with the burn marks from the laser cutting made me end up ditching them after a couple months.

altomav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Keven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick, '71 GMC
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

The Ford OEM Black Platinum are the ones I got using my Ford Pass points. They look good even on my Alto Blue, but I think they would look good on any color.

Ford Maverick Ford OEM tailgate letters Tailgate Letterin

KSC Grey Ghost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've waited almost a year from my truck and I bought a few accessories in that time one of them was the metal either stainless steel or Chrome letters from Ford from my Maverick
Ford Maverick Ford OEM tailgate letters IMG_20220718_171907399~2
and I love the way they look on the back tailgate Ford should do something with the letters on the tailgate on their 23s makes the truck look so much better also got 20% off on them with fords accessory discount 👍

GreenLady

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeannette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-250 Diesel, 1968 Cadillac Eldorado
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am very happy with my raised carbon fiber letters that I bought on Etsy!

Ford Maverick Ford OEM tailgate letters 19EEAC55-2ED4-4FCA-BD51-AF32A3BA6585

sn00pyguy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Sn00pyguy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Outback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Looks real nice. I like the idea of them being metal. Should prevent long term UV damage from the Florida sun.

I'll likely get the black version to go on mine. They should pop nicely against Area 51.

Only downside is waiting for the ford points to show up after already waiting for the truck.

Then again I'm already waiting on the black friday sales at Real Truck before buying my tonneau cover.
As soon as I got my truck, my salesperson made sure the points were set up for me. Hope your salesperson helps you that way.
Sponsored