Chet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor Lariat, 2021 Santa Fe Limited
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I'm so MAD & disappointed at Ford!! Ordered my Maverick in October of 2021. Lariat FX4, 4K tow package, LUX & COPILOT 360 pretty much fully loaded. I get a confirmation e-mail from Ford saying my order for a Lariat has been confirmed & which dealership I want it delivered to. Great. About a month ago I receive another e-mail from Ford saying the production date has changed on my XLT?? I call Ford's New Vehicle Support Team & told them that I did not order an XLT, but a fully loaded Lariat. They check their system & they provided me with an Order #, Sales Code, Vin # & Production date. They also confirmed that it is a Lariat. So I started tracking it to make sure there was no mistake on my order. Ford said it's a Lariat. Called them one more time a week & a half ago & they tell me it's in transit, cool I'm all set, got my money ready so when it arrives I'm good to go. Fast forward to today, my sales guy calls me, hey Chet your Maverick just arrived!! I'm all excited!! I ask my salesman, so it's an Iconic Silver Lariat FX4 with the Lux package, Co-pilot 360 & everything on the build list right? He says hang on I'll check because they just informed me it came in. So I wait 5 minutes & he comes back on & says sorry but it's a Dark Blue FX4 XLT, WTH???? I said that's not what I ordered!! I have my build sheet from Ford & a printout of my Lariat build that you printed out & gave me, it matches. I was so furious, so I drove to the Ford dealership where the truck was delivered & ask for the Fleet Sales Manager that I'd been coordinating with this whole time. So I asked him, so what happened? He said he doesn't know but the error is on Ford's part because their build sheet & mine match. So I showed them the detailed info that I received from Ford including the vin# & the XLT that was delivered matched the vin# they gave me. So tomorrow the General Sales Mgr & i will call Ford & see what happened & who made the error & see what can be done. He basically told me that worst-case scenario I would have to re-order my Lariat Maverick roughly around October/November timeframe when they open it up for orders!! ARRRRRRRGHHH So MAD at Ford but not much I can do if that's the case. I really love the truck!! Sorry for the long-winded post but truly DISAPPOINTED getting screwed after waiting 7 months.
Sponsored

WannaMav

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It does happen that a dealership will apply the same order number to more than one vehicle (and upon data entry into their system mistakenly swapped your personal info with another customer's), which could be one scenario, in which case you and another person may have been receiving e-mails for each other's vehicles all along.

Did you access your window sticker on the tracker? Did it match your expectations there?

OP
OP
CAMAVERICK

CAMAVERICK

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor Lariat, 2021 Santa Fe Limited
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

No I didn't, I didn't know it was accessible. I just looked at it now & the window sticker does say it's for an XLT. But what I don't understand is why didn't Ford's New Vehicle Support Team for the Maverick tell me it was for an XLT when I called them? When they looked it up they told me it was for a LARIAT.

Ponchsox

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
October/November??? I though orders opened on August 16?

Sponsored

MaineMav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F-150
I'm going to assume that your dealership ordered multiple vehicles under the same order number, that happens. It could be that your Lariat build is still in the pipeline to be built or in a more unfortunate scenario has already been built and was sold as dealer stock. I highly doubt Ford incorrectly built an XLT when they should have built a Lariat. I have owned quite a few Fords that I've special ordered and gone through this process many times on other forums and it just does not happen. Likely that it's just one of multiple builds on a single order number and your sales personnel are just confused about it.

KevCuRaoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm going to assume that your dealership ordered multiple vehicles under the same order number, that happens. It could be that your Lariat build is still in the pipeline to be built or in a more unfortunate scenario has already been built and was sold as dealer stock. I highly doubt Ford incorrectly built an XLT when they should have built a Lariat. I have owned quite a few Fords that I've special ordered and gone through this process many times on other forums and it just does not happen. Likely that it's just one of multiple builds on a single order number and your sales personnel are just confused about it.
Yeah, I don't think it is possible for that much of a mix-up to be on Ford's end. It is something on the dealership end. If it isn't some trick the dealership is doing on purpose.... they may have associated his e-mail with the wrong order. Or re-used the order #. Or they may have simply entered the order in wrong.

KevCuRaoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm so MAD & disappointed at Ford!! Ordered my Maverick in October of 2021. Lariat FX4, 4K tow package, LUX & COPILOT 360 pretty much fully loaded. I get a confirmation e-mail from Ford saying my order for a Lariat has been confirmed & which dealership I want it delivered to. Great. About a month ago I receive another e-mail from Ford saying the production date has changed on my XLT?? I call Ford's New Vehicle Support Team & told them that I did not order an XLT, but a fully loaded Lariat. They check their system & they provided me with an Order #, Sales Code, Vin # & Production date. They also confirmed that it is a Lariat. So I started tracking it to make sure there was no mistake on my order. Ford said it's a Lariat. Called them one more time a week & a half ago & they tell me it's in transit, cool I'm all set, got my money ready so when it arrives I'm good to go. Fast forward to today, my sales guy calls me, hey Chet your Maverick just arrived!! I'm all excited!! I ask my salesman, so it's an Iconic Silver Lariat FX4 with the Lux package, Co-pilot 360 & everything on the build list right? He says hang on I'll check because they just informed me it came in. So I wait 5 minutes & he comes back on & says sorry but it's a Dark Blue FX4 XLT, WTH???? I said that's not what I ordered!! I have my build sheet from Ford & a printout of my Lariat build that you printed out & gave me, it matches. I was so furious, so I drove to the Ford dealership where the truck was delivered & ask for the Fleet Sales Manager that I'd been coordinating with this whole time. So I asked him, so what happened? He said he doesn't know but the error is on Ford's part because their build sheet & mine match. So I showed them the detailed info that I received from Ford including the vin# & the XLT that was delivered matched the vin# they gave me. So tomorrow the General Sales Mgr & i will call Ford & see what happened & who made the error & see what can be done. He basically told me that worst-case scenario I would have to re-order my Lariat Maverick roughly around October/November timeframe when they open it up for orders!! ARRRRRRRGHHH So MAD at Ford but not much I can do if that's the case. I really love the truck!! Sorry for the long-winded post but truly DISAPPOINTED getting screwed after waiting 7 months.
Do you want to post the VIN? I work for a Ford dealer. I should be able to look up what last name is associated w/ the VIN #. Maybe that will help narrow down where the mix-up occurred.

MaineMav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F-150
Yeah, I don't think it is possible for that much of a mix-up to be on Ford's end. It is something on the dealership end. If it isn't some trick the dealership is doing on purpose.... they may have associated his e-mail with the wrong order. Or re-used the order #. Or they may have simply entered the order in wrong.
Based on Ford customer service telling him at one point that it was a Lariat build I think the order number thing is more feasible. We have seen it here before as well where there were multiple vehicles ordered under the same order number.

KevCuRaoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Based on Ford customer service telling him at one point that it was a Lariat build I think the order number thing is more feasible. We have seen it here before as well where there were multiple vehicles ordered under the same order number.
That does make sense. (And I hope so, so that he will get the Maverick that he ordered!!)
But it wouldn't be very hard at all for the dealership to check. Retail orders have the customers surname listed by default in "smart vincent". If they just check that it should be very obvious who the customer is!

MaineMav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F-150
This is what I'm actually wondering, if they had someone looking for his exact build and willing to pay an ADM.
Sponsored