Montevilla

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Gray Maverick XL Hybrid w/moonroof
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Boo Hoo - as someone that has a Youtube Channel - If you cant stand some folks commenting in a negative way then you shouldn't put it out there. That's part of it.
Should have been titled "150 miles and I'm already complaining".
Sponsored

Redneck Garage

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.theredneckgarage.com
Vehicle(s)
10 Wrangler 22 Lexus 22 Maverick 23 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Really- hahaha , when you title a video "150 miles and problems already" and add - WTF to it it makes is seem a bit like click bait ..........

dhill59

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT, 2014 MX5 Club
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I also had some rattles in my $19,995 brand new truck - BFD. I put a dash cover on the dash (one of the first things I get for every vehicle to protect the dash from the sun) - that fixed the dash rattle. Yup, the radio sux - again, it's a very inexpensive vehicle for being new.

I'm happy with my truck and will keep it.

Sponsored

BigShoots920

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat BAP
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'd be annoyed with the rattle too myself, no reason to jump on the guy. But the stereo you really have no legs to stand on, its been known in here for awhile the base stereo is basiccccccc. I'm sure you could upgrade the speakers and add an amp for cheap to make it sound better.

bgn

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Of course he's complaining. He just bought a new vehicle that's defective with an issue that goes back to at least builds from October of 2021 (mine).

Mikknj

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mikk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT Luxury CO360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
In my 63 years on this earth I’ve always brought middle to low end vehicles because vehicles just don’t last so I believe that they are not worth the contract they are written on, and they have always had some kind of burp, fart, knock, vibration, cat scratch noise in them. So by listening to your insignificant whining it makes me laugh. It’s a mother f****ing truck made to be abused so maybe next time by a $100,000 truck so you won’t get the dreaded noise.
That's one way to put it...

Walter56

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volt
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Makes me reconsider mine on order. My 2012 Chevy volt with 139k miles is solid as new. As stated just because it's a $25 k truck doesn't me it should've be assembled properly

Mikknj

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mikk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT Luxury CO360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Of course he's complaining. He just bought a new vehicle that's defective with an issue that goes back to at least builds from October of 2021 (mine).
I will give the guy a break - it's a new truck, we all hope it will be perfect. Though seldom anything ever is. I wish they would fix the Hybrid Shudder on my truck - I doubt they will. I read that tuning the transition between hybrid to ICE was tricky. I assume they didn't get it right and - frankly not sure they will fix mine. I assume they will fix the new ones.

Sponsored

JimParker256

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Area 51 Hybrid FE, 2014 Impala
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

As far as rattles our roads are decent around here so haven't heard any thing yet, some people have said its a cheap truck but ours were over $36K and considering my 1st new car a 1971 Chevy Nova was $3100 seems like a lot of money to me LOL man have times changed back then I was making big money around $150 a week
It's really hard to compare prices of cars from different eras... That '71 Nova (which with a $3100 price tag would have been a pretty heavily optioned model - my '71 Maverick price was a whisker under $2,000) would not have had air bags, anti-lock brakes, traction control, stability control, front wheel drive (or all-wheel drive), anti-theft features, backup cameras, and a host of other features that are standard on everything today.

What would a '71 Nova have cost with those features added? Who knows, since most of those technologies were not available at any price back then...

But I think most of us responding to the OP's initial video would have liked to hear him say "I've got it scheduled to go to the dealer for the known repair" than to hear a lengthy diatribe about how that little squeak is destroying his enjoyment of his Maverick, but he wasn't going to pursue the one known fix to his issue.

I've owned Mercedes, Audi, Ford, Chevy, Chrysler, Plymouth, Dodge, Mazda, Kia, VW, and many other vehicles. Exactly NONE of them were totally issue-free, even on initial delivery. All but ONE of them, however, had those initial issues resolved by the dealer within a reasonable amount of time.

The one exception was a Dodge Grand Caravan whose AC system would blow hot air whenever the air conditioner was turned on. I'm not talking "room" or "outside-air" temperature, but HOT as in "the same temp as the coolant" hot. After seven (7!) trips to two different Dodge dealership service departments with zero corrective action, a Dodge factory tech was dispatched to look at it. He found the "mixing plenum" had been initially installed incorrectly at the factory, which had caused it to warp slightly, which in turn caused the "air mixing flapper" (or something close to that - it's been a few decades) to become "stuck" in the "full hot" position. No matter how hard the AC ran, no cold air was being allowed into the system - only the hot air from the heater core that is intended to "blend" with the cold air to maintain your desired temperature. Two weeks later, after a new plenum assembly was ordered and installed, we finally had a working AC. Just in time for November in Houston...

JimParker256

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Area 51 Hybrid FE, 2014 Impala
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Really- hahaha , when you title a video "150 miles and problems already" and add - WTF to it it makes is seem a bit like click bait ..........
Seem like click bait? :ROFLMAO:

Yinzrmav

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I see you bought this at Beach Ford (recognized from when you did purchase video). I am waiting on my maverick to be delivered there, supposed to be in 2-3 weeks. Sitting at the rail yard in Petersburg. Think we dealt with same salesman too! Good dealership and should take care of you. We bought an escape there a few years ago and the engine needed replaced due to the coolant intrusion problem. They took care of everything. I deal with Catie in service, Vince one of the service managers.

sprcoop

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL Hybrid, 66 Mustang Coupe, 2012 Focus DCT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It's really hard to compare prices of cars from different eras... That '71 Nova (which with a $3100 price tag would have been a pretty heavily optioned model - my '71 Maverick price was a whisker under $2,000) would not have had air bags, anti-lock brakes, traction control, stability control, front wheel drive (or all-wheel drive), anti-theft features, backup cameras, and a host of other features that are standard on everything today.

What would a '71 Nova have cost with those features added? Who knows, since most of those technologies were not available at any price back then...

But I think most of us responding to the OP's initial video would have liked to hear him say "I've got it scheduled to go to the dealer for the known repair" than to hear a lengthy diatribe about how that little squeak is destroying his enjoyment of his Maverick, but he wasn't going to pursue the one known fix to his issue.

I've owned Mercedes, Audi, Ford, Chevy, Chrysler, Plymouth, Dodge, Mazda, Kia, VW, and many other vehicles. Exactly NONE of them were totally issue-free, even on initial delivery. All but ONE of them, however, had those initial issues resolved by the dealer within a reasonable amount of time.

The one exception was a Dodge Grand Caravan whose AC system would blow hot air whenever the air conditioner was turned on. I'm not talking "room" or "outside-air" temperature, but HOT as in "the same temp as the coolant" hot. After seven (7!) trips to two different Dodge dealership service departments with zero corrective action, a Dodge factory tech was dispatched to look at it. He found the "mixing plenum" had been initially installed incorrectly at the factory, which had caused it to warp slightly, which in turn caused the "air mixing flapper" (or something close to that - it's been a few decades) to become "stuck" in the "full hot" position. No matter how hard the AC ran, no cold air was being allowed into the system - only the hot air from the heater core that is intended to "blend" with the cold air to maintain your desired temperature. Two weeks later, after a new plenum assembly was ordered and installed, we finally had a working AC. Just in time for November in Houston...
FYI Inflation makes $3,000 in 1970 equivalent in purchasing power to about $23,042.01 today.

So that Nova price was the same as a basic XL Maverick today.
Sponsored