Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

We just got an undisguised look at a new Maverick variant, and the off-road-focused bumper and orange accents suggests it might be a new Tremor trim for Ford’s compact truck.

We’ve seen hints of a new high-clearance bumper on earlier, heavily-disguised Ford Maverick prototypes, but now we caught it completely undisguised. In addition to the Maverick’s new shaved chin, we see some interesting orange accents that Ford is using to denote its more off-road-focused variants.

Orange Theory: Tremor or Timberline?
Two of Ford’s rugged, trail-ready trims—the Tremor and Timberline—use orange accents, so which is the most likely to be applied to this Ford Maverick variant? We’re leaning toward Maverick Tremor for two reasons: 1) Timberline has been applied to SUVs while the Tremor moniker has been reserved for use on pickup trucks, and 2) The orange accents applied to Timberline models has a darker color that skews more toward red, while the orange on this Maverick prototype looks like a dead-ringer for the more copper-tinged “Active Orange” that is found on the F-150 Tremor.

The orange accents are found on the grille’s crossbar, along with orange-painted tow hooks, and a new wheel design with an orange insert on one of the spokes. It would seem that more Tremor badging could carry the orange theme through a bit more, just as it does on the F-150 Tremor.

Lariat Badged…In Orange
It must be noted that this Maverick has an orange Lariat badge on the side vent. This may signal that the Tremor Off-Road Package may be an optional add-on to the Maverick’s Lariat trim—just as it is on the Ford Ranger XLT and Lariat trims.

Smoky Lights
This Maverick prototype has front- and rear-lighting that has a darker, smoked tint that appears to be a new option destined for future Mavericks.

Suspension upgrades are a mystery at this point. There is likely more ground clearance, and an improved approach angle thanks to the new front bumper. The prototype is running on Falken Wildpeak A/T tires, just as we have seen on the earlier, camouflaged prototypes.

Ford Maverick Ford Maverick Tremor Spied Fully Revealed! 📸 Ford Maverick Tremor 1

Ford Maverick Ford Maverick Tremor Spied Fully Revealed! 📸 Ford Maverick Tremor 2

Ford Maverick Ford Maverick Tremor Spied Fully Revealed! 📸 Ford Maverick Tremor 3

Ford Maverick Ford Maverick Tremor Spied Fully Revealed! 📸 Ford Maverick Tremor 4

Ford Maverick Ford Maverick Tremor Spied Fully Revealed! 📸 Ford Maverick Tremor 5

Ford Maverick Ford Maverick Tremor Spied Fully Revealed! 📸 Ford Maverick Tremor 6

Ford Maverick Ford Maverick Tremor Spied Fully Revealed! 📸 Ford Maverick Tremor 9

Ford Maverick Ford Maverick Tremor Spied Fully Revealed! 📸 Ford Maverick Tremor 7

Ford Maverick Ford Maverick Tremor Spied Fully Revealed! 📸 Ford Maverick Tremor 8

Ford Maverick Ford Maverick Tremor Spied Fully Revealed! 📸 Ford Maverick Tremor 10

Ford Maverick Ford Maverick Tremor Spied Fully Revealed! 📸 Ford Maverick Tremor 11

Ford Maverick Ford Maverick Tremor Spied Fully Revealed! 📸 Ford Maverick Tremor 12

Ford Maverick Ford Maverick Tremor Spied Fully Revealed! 📸 Ford Maverick Tremor 13

Ford Maverick Ford Maverick Tremor Spied Fully Revealed! 📸 Ford Maverick Tremor 14

Ford Maverick Ford Maverick Tremor Spied Fully Revealed! 📸 Ford Maverick Tremor 15
Sponsored

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The single painted wheel opening is a strange choice. Also surprised it doesn't have the Luxury Package niceties like adaptive cruise or add 180-degree front/rear cameras like the Bronco Sport.

Mikknj

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mikk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT Luxury CO360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Tamer than I would have liked. And the rear end needs a little something different... I like the lift and the front end - tow hooks look great.

They need a more aggressive rear bumper

DesertSweat

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Lariat, Honda HR-V 6spd
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The single painted wheel opening is a strange choice. Also surprised it doesn't have the Luxury Package niceties like adaptive cruise or add 180-degree front/rear cameras like the Bronco Sport.
My mountain bike has the same accent but in purple. It helps me find the valve stem to add air LOL. Looks to be the same here as well.

rclee

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Maverick Lux,A51,Hybrid,Rear Slider.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Not very tall for a 4x4, I do like the wheels, just wish they would do all the openings in orange.

Sponsored

mdl20813

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Gray Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I’d take the smoked lights but I already beat them to the punch with orange accents on my Mav.

Beyond that, I’d only be seriously interested if it has the twin clutch, locking diff rear end from the BS

Trucklet

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL AWD 4k
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Looks like it indicates the location of the valve stem, which I guess would be slightly handy if you're constantly airing down/up your tires.

Sponsored

MightyMaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Lariat FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Not bad. I'm not gonna race to trade mine in for it though. I do like the tinted headlights/taillights and the darker FX4 wheels with the orange trim. It goes nicely with the Cactus Grey paint, or should I say Fighter Jet Grey that Ford calls it now. Judging by the independent rear suspension setup, this is an Ecoboost. I wonder if it's only with this engine and if you can get it on a Hybrid. I doubt it since the EB is the only one right now available with AWD. I know that's changing next year with the addition of an AWD Hybrid.

maverick4natic

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy HHR
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

We just got an undisguised look at a new Maverick variant, and the off-road-focused bumper and orange accents suggests it might be a new Tremor trim for Ford’s compact truck.

We’ve seen hints of a new high-clearance bumper on earlier, heavily-disguised Ford Maverick prototypes, but now we caught it completely undisguised. In addition to the Maverick’s new shaved chin, we see some interesting orange accents that Ford is using to denote its more off-road-focused variants.

Orange Theory: Tremor or Timberline?
Two of Ford’s rugged, trail-ready trims—the Tremor and Timberline—use orange accents, so which is the most likely to be applied to this Ford Maverick variant? We’re leaning toward Maverick Tremor for two reasons: 1) Timberline has been applied to SUVs while the Tremor moniker has been reserved for use on pickup trucks, and 2) The orange accents applied to Timberline models has a darker color that skews more toward red, while the orange on this Maverick prototype looks like a dead-ringer for the more copper-tinged “Active Orange” that is found on the F-150 Tremor.

The orange accents are found on the grille’s crossbar, along with orange-painted tow hooks, and a new wheel design with an orange insert on one of the spokes. It would seem that more Tremor badging could carry the orange theme through a bit more, just as it does on the F-150 Tremor.

Lariat Badged…In Orange
It must be noted that this Maverick has an orange Lariat badge on the side vent. This may signal that the Tremor Off-Road Package may be an optional add-on to the Maverick’s Lariat trim—just as it is on the Ford Ranger XLT and Lariat trims.

Smoky Lights
This Maverick prototype has front- and rear-lighting that has a darker, smoked tint that appears to be a new option destined for future Mavericks.

Suspension upgrades are a mystery at this point. There is likely more ground clearance, and an improved approach angle thanks to the new front bumper. The prototype is running on Falken Wildpeak A/T tires, just as we have seen on the earlier, camouflaged prototypes.

Ford Maverick Tremor 1.jpg

Ford Maverick Tremor 2.jpg

Ford Maverick Tremor 3.jpg

Ford Maverick Tremor 4.jpg

Ford Maverick Tremor 5.jpg

Ford Maverick Tremor 6.jpg

Ford Maverick Tremor 9.jpg

Ford Maverick Tremor 7.jpg

Ford Maverick Tremor 8.jpg

Ford Maverick Tremor 10.jpg

Ford Maverick Tremor 11.jpg

Ford Maverick Tremor 12.jpg