Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
63 Nova Convertible /
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

We just got an undisguised look at a new Maverick variant, and the off-road-focused bumper and orange accents suggests it might be a new Tremor trim for Ford’s compact truck.

We’ve seen hints of a new high-clearance bumper on earlier, heavily-disguised Ford Maverick prototypes, but now we caught it completely undisguised. In addition to the Maverick’s new shaved chin, we see some interesting orange accents that Ford is using to denote its more off-road-focused variants.

Orange Theory: Tremor or Timberline?
Two of Ford’s rugged, trail-ready trims—the Tremor and Timberline—use orange accents, so which is the most likely to be applied to this Ford Maverick variant? We’re leaning toward Maverick Tremor for two reasons: 1) Timberline has been applied to SUVs while the Tremor moniker has been reserved for use on pickup trucks, and 2) The orange accents applied to Timberline models has a darker color that skews more toward red, while the orange on this Maverick prototype looks like a dead-ringer for the more copper-tinged “Active Orange” that is found on the F-150 Tremor.

The orange accents are found on the grille’s crossbar, along with orange-painted tow hooks, and a new wheel design with an orange insert on one of the spokes. It would seem that more Tremor badging could carry the orange theme through a bit more, just as it does on the F-150 Tremor.

Lariat Badged…In Orange
It must be noted that this Maverick has an orange Lariat badge on the side vent. This may signal that the Tremor Off-Road Package may be an optional add-on to the Maverick’s Lariat trim—just as it is on the Ford Ranger XLT and Lariat trims.

Smoky Lights
This Maverick prototype has front- and rear-lighting that has a darker, smoked tint that appears to be a new option destined for future Mavericks.

Suspension upgrades are a mystery at this point. There is likely more ground clearance, and an improved approach angle thanks to the new front bumper. The prototype is running on Falken Wildpeak A/T tires, just as we have seen on the earlier, camouflaged prototypes.

Ford Maverick Tremor 1.jpg

Ford Maverick Tremor 2.jpg

Ford Maverick Tremor 3.jpg

Ford Maverick Tremor 4.jpg

Ford Maverick Tremor 5.jpg

Ford Maverick Tremor 6.jpg

Ford Maverick Tremor 9.jpg

Ford Maverick Tremor 7.jpg

Ford Maverick Tremor 8.jpg

Ford Maverick Tremor 10.jpg

Ford Maverick Tremor 11.jpg

Ford Maverick Tremor 12.jpg

Ford Maverick Tremor 13.jpg

Ford Maverick Tremor 14.jpg

Ford Maverick Tremor 15.jpg
Well for starters, I’m a traditionalist. So nope. Next, word is only one orange accent to a wheel do to orange is the new constraint. Next, if they are showing i, show it right… rear badging? Side Tremor decal and finally…. Hey Ford you can’t make enough Broncos, you can’t make enough Mavericks, you can’t make enough Lightenings and yet you advertise them like you building them. Build my September ordered Maverick and then start you new designs… you can’t sell what you can’t build. Signed: Annoyed in Jersey

MAC1

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 v8
We just got an undisguised look at a new Maverick variant, and the off-road-focused bumper and orange accents suggests it might be a new Tremor trim for Ford’s compact truck.

We’ve seen hints of a new high-clearance bumper on earlier, heavily-disguised Ford Maverick prototypes, but now we caught it completely undisguised. In addition to the Maverick’s new shaved chin, we see some interesting orange accents that Ford is using to denote its more off-road-focused variants.

Orange Theory: Tremor or Timberline?
Two of Ford’s rugged, trail-ready trims—the Tremor and Timberline—use orange accents, so which is the most likely to be applied to this Ford Maverick variant? We’re leaning toward Maverick Tremor for two reasons: 1) Timberline has been applied to SUVs while the Tremor moniker has been reserved for use on pickup trucks, and 2) The orange accents applied to Timberline models has a darker color that skews more toward red, while the orange on this Maverick prototype looks like a dead-ringer for the more copper-tinged “Active Orange” that is found on the F-150 Tremor.

The orange accents are found on the grille’s crossbar, along with orange-painted tow hooks, and a new wheel design with an orange insert on one of the spokes. It would seem that more Tremor badging could carry the orange theme through a bit more, just as it does on the F-150 Tremor.

Lariat Badged…In Orange
It must be noted that this Maverick has an orange Lariat badge on the side vent. This may signal that the Tremor Off-Road Package may be an optional add-on to the Maverick’s Lariat trim—just as it is on the Ford Ranger XLT and Lariat trims.

Smoky Lights
This Maverick prototype has front- and rear-lighting that has a darker, smoked tint that appears to be a new option destined for future Mavericks.

Suspension upgrades are a mystery at this point. There is likely more ground clearance, and an improved approach angle thanks to the new front bumper. The prototype is running on Falken Wildpeak A/T tires, just as we have seen on the earlier, camouflaged prototypes.

Ford Maverick Tremor 1.jpg

Ford Maverick Tremor 2.jpg

Ford Maverick Tremor 3.jpg

Ford Maverick Tremor 4.jpg

Ford Maverick Tremor 5.jpg

Ford Maverick Tremor 6.jpg

Ford Maverick Tremor 9.jpg

Ford Maverick Tremor 7.jpg

Ford Maverick Tremor 8.jpg

Ford Maverick Tremor 10.jpg

Ford Maverick Tremor 11.jpg

Ford Maverick Tremor 12.jpg

Ford Maverick Tremor 13.jpg

Ford Maverick Tremor 14.jpg

Ford Maverick Tremor 15.jpg
So is this awd or 4x4?

Sponsored

GaryHoosier

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Escape, 2022 Ford Maverick 2.0L XLT AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That looks like stock ride height.
I agree regarding the ride height.
There appears to be something going-on with the rocker-panel design. In some of the close-up shots, I definitely can see a series of 'clips' or something, as though some distinctive piece of trim would go there but isn't installed on this prototype.

Unless there's something remarkable with the mechanicals, I'd call this mostly a cosmetic exercise.
Yawn.

Sponsored

Jmav2152

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Mav, 15' KTM 1190 ADV R, 19' Husq TE250i
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

PDM33

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Nice look! I did they non metallic grey with the orange accents. The tinted lights are pretty sexy too. Might have to snag those off some idiot that rolls it trying to tackle MOAB in his offroad maverick lol

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There appears to be something going-on with the rocker-panel design. In some of the close-up shots, I definitely can see a series of 'clips' or something, as though some distinctive piece of trim would go there but isn't installed on this prototype.
Probably just the low angle these photos are shot at (likely to try and catch any suspension/undercarriage mods) as those same gaps are on the current rockers.

ShadowChas

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I really don’t think they will make any big changes (1st model year) I love my fx4 and would only consider new one if they actually make an awd hybrid - which in my opinion is just wishful thinking... This one doesn’t look much taller than mine just new front bumper cover, same optional wheels I have just all gray w/orange accent now. So I am assuming that is ecoboost power due to the awd rear axle setup.

Ford Maverick Ford Maverick Tremor Spied Fully Revealed! 📸 9236A326-FFF6-4EA5-8D8C-5D7DB55F65E8

Ford Maverick Ford Maverick Tremor Spied Fully Revealed! 📸 71C2E054-8161-4C5A-B534-5BB60F58CA56
Sponsored