STDriver03

First Name
Rick
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Ford Sport Trac
What surprises me is that you'd think salespeople would be briefed on what's coming in meetings and such. One would especially think this to be true when a completely new model is coming, not just a new model year of a long-time vehicle, i.e. the 2022 F-150. I'd also think they'd get promotional material from Ford, signs and banners to post around the dealership, and there would be more hype.

I worked part-time for a Ford dealership for a few years as a photographer. This was right around the time the new Ranger was about to come out. One day a few just showed up on the lot. There was no fanfare, no "Now Here!" banners, heck, they didn't even put one in the showroom until a few months later. How can you get the public excited when you show such a lackluster attitude?

MontanaEd

First Name
Ed
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PHEV- Volt
Remember that Dealers are independent entities. They can, at least to a large degree, chose what to participate in. Example: The Chevy Bolt hit the market in 2017. My local Chevy dealer has their first one on order right now. Why? Local used car dealers have been selling them. So the Dealer knows there is demand.