SuckLemons

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Toyota Tacoma 🌮
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
" ...thats...super reasonable actually. I cant remember the last week I drove more than 300 miles.
Very true. I would think it would hold up at least through warranty as well, but it’s only if it drops below 70%(?) that they’ll warranty it, so you could see a good drop in range with it being considered “normal.” Regardless, I would be fine with it, especially since we are seeing reports of their estimates being conservative as of right now, as they’re saying the range is with 1,000 lbs, which I will carry sometimes.

Yes, I did that rough math once, too, to make sure just charging it with the regular 110v would work, even with a bigger battery that takes way longer to trickle charge. Sounds good to me. Better/cheaper than installing a level 2 charger, at least for those of us that don’t drive a lot of miles per week, as you stated. Another consideration would be price per kWh and if that fluctuates. Ours is flat, so it doesn’t matter but some companies have a cheaper night version for EVs.
Sponsored

Leadphinger

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ram 1500 Outdoorsman (SOLD)
As stoked as I am for the Maverick I ordered, a dual motor BEV truck under $40k is pretty much my dream car! Like seriously, would take this over just about anything on the market right now or speculated to be coming soon.

Ford if you're listening, BUILD IT!

Erik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
As stoked as I am for the Maverick I ordered, a dual motor BEV truck under $40k is pretty much my dream car! Like seriously, would take this over just about anything on the market right now or speculated to be coming soon.

Ford if you're listening, BUILD IT!
The F150 lighting starts under $40k. With incentives that could be as low as $30k in some states. The Maverick lightning won’t be much cheaper. The F150 can keep the cost down because it is body on frame and the body is already mass produced. They just have to change the frame. A Maverick lightning would require a full redesign.

Braderick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mav XLT, RAV4 Hybrid, KIA EV6
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I see the artist included the light bar inside the silver grill accent...runs from XLT DRL to Ford logo. Subtle and should have stood out more.

I think the artist missed with not having the LED light bar above the grille like the F150 Lightening.

Leadphinger

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ram 1500 Outdoorsman (SOLD)
The F150 lighting starts under $40k. With incentives that could be as low as $30k in some states. The Maverick lightning won’t be much cheaper. The F150 can keep the cost down because it is body on frame and the body is already mass produced. They just have to change the frame. A Maverick lightning would require a full redesign.
Right... The F150 Lightning starts at $39,974 for an XL trim, work truck. However, if you want the larger battery and any creature comforts at all, you're looking at a 50k truck. The maverick platform was literally engineered from the start to be BEV, hybrid and gas per Ford. As for incentives, try living in a Red state...nothing other than the federal tax credit is available and we get to pay a premium in my state to make up for electric vehicles not being subject to the gas tax.

Sponsored

Bbot

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape SEL
Frankly forum members wouldn’t a setup with the one liter engine and electric motors work better? The one Liter engine could act as
a generator or power boost when needed. Since everyone is dreaming might as well dream big.

SuckLemons

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Toyota Tacoma 🌮
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Frankly forum members wouldn’t a setup with the one liter engine and electric motors work better? The one Liter engine could act as
a generator or power boost when needed. Since everyone is dreaming might as well dream big.
Like the BMW i3 Rex? Heck yeah, buddy.

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HCH2, Hybrid XLT on order
Necromongering I know, but battery tech is not yet where I would like to see it for full EV.

Now chassis on an EV sled, own the chassis, rent/fleece the sled I might go for. But I tend to own vehicles until the cost of repair exceeds replacement value. Other than a cougar lost to a 14 car collision on i75/85 years ago I tend to exceed 300k miles I every vehicle. Same will be true even for my HCH2 by the time my Maverick arrives.

full EVs batteries are just out of my personal justification range

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HCH2, Hybrid XLT on order
Necromongering I know, but battery tech is not yet where I would like to see it for full EV.

Now chassis on an EV sled, own the chassis, rent/fleece the sled I might go for. But I tend to own vehicles until the cost of repair exceeds replacement value. Other than a cougar lost to a 14 car collision on i75/85 years ago I tend to exceed 300k miles I every vehicle. Same will be true even for my HCH2 by the time my Maverick arrives.

full EVs batteries are just out of my personal justification range price wise /endthread necro

Zeegull

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
As intriguing as an EV Maverick sounds I think we're still a little ways off. EV tech is still far too expensive currently. An EV Maverick is definitely doable, but would most likely carry an inordinately heavy price tag for such a small package. I canceled my F150 reservation as soon as the official pricing hit. I was really hoping for a somewhat affordable XLT trim with extended range but 74k is ridiculously unaffordable for the average F150 driver. The payment alone would be on par with my mortgage. Add in dealer mark ups/Taxes and that ship sunk before it sailed. An XLT EV Maverick with extended range battery would probably fall somewhere in the 50k range (or more) and that's just not practical for what you're getting (beyond the EV tech).

Sponsored

Mymaverick2021

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steveo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Via Motortrend

An Electric Ford Maverick Lightning Could—and Probably Should—Happen
This is the Maverick Lightning we think could hit the streets in the near future.

https://www.motortrend.com/news/ford-maverick-lightning-ev-truck/

ford maverick lightning bev electric pickup truck 1.jpg

With both the 2022 Ford F-150 Lightning (all-electric) and 2022 Maverick compact pickup (with its efficient hybrid powertrain option) already loose in our consciousnesses, the mind quickly turns to the white space in between. Ford is literally invested in electrifying its fleet, and the Maverick is launching with an electrified base powertrain. It's not too much of a leap to imagine a fully electric Ford Maverick truck—whether Ford called it the Maverick Lightning, or something else.

And this isn't a line of thought that Ford appears to be trying to quash. Instead, it's feeding the rumor, with Ford CEO Jim Farley telling The New York Times in an interview that the company is considering an electric version of the little pickup, while one of the company's PR representatives is tweeting wire-frame images of an electric pickup silhouette to some who've doubted the viability of a compact EV truck.

It seems, barring some unlikely series of events, that an electric Maverick will happen. It also seems that, judging by the little truck's front end styling, it may be a natural fit for the standard smooth-grille EV look, as seen on the F-150 Lightning, Mustang Mach-E, and others. Filling in the upper portion—whether, as we imagine, smoothly in base models (as seen above) or with a stylish texture in higher trims (as seen below)—doesn't jar the eye thanks to the stylish bar linking the headlights and a bit of texture. And the smaller proportions of the Maverick's front end help; by comparison, the F-150 Lightning's filled-in grille looks overly wide between its small, wide-set headlights.

ford maverick lightning bev electric pickup truck 1.jpg

The wheels seen here are pulled straight from the F-150 Lightning's selection; they may not be representative of a design a Maverick EV would actually wear, but they follow the contemporary EV wheel styling tropes. Other changes are mostly minor: a charging door on the front fender, the bedside "LIGHTNING" badge, a partially-filled-in lower air intake.

Around back, however, the F-150 Lightning's taillight connection strip looks right at home adapted to the Maverick's rear proportions. Beyond that, the Maverick doesn't need much to visually communicate that it'd be right at home as an EV—something that would have been baked in, stylistically, right from the start of development.

ford maverick lightning bev electric pickup truck 2.jpg

The F-150 Lightning will, if all goes to plan, hit dealers in May 2022. We haven't had an official confirmation of an electric Maverick yet, although Ford seems to be spelling out that it's coming, so assume that a Ford Maverick Lightning would be announced in the next few months, with production trailing by roughly the same timeframe as its larger stablemate.
No Thanks they're having enough trouble with the Hybrid right now, Can't even Comprehend dealing with an all electric truck

NJ Pinelands

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Why would there be such a huge difference in price to build an electric Maverick? The electric F150 Lightning is $39,900. A gas F150 is about $29,900, isn’t it?

Zeegull

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Why would there be such a huge difference in price to build an electric Maverick? The electric F150 Lightning is $39,900. A gas F150 is about $29,900, isn’t it?
I'm just saying based on what they are charging for the F150 Lightning, an EV Maverick wouldn't be economically practical for such a small package. An F150 Lightning "Pro" Trim starts at 39.9 and does not have an option for extended battery. The extended battery option on the other trims is a staggering 20k extra. An XLT F150 Lightning with extended battery and no other options is 74,000 dollars. An F150 is a fully capable do everything truck. A Maverick is definitely capable in it's class, but I can't see people paying premium full size truck prices for an electric Maverick.

sZedely

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lariat 4x4, Escape SE FWD
That is true. Except that Ford severely limited the amount of "Pro" units that it was allowing people to order. The orders filled within the first two waves of ordering in January. There is very little luck of most people getting their hands on a $40K F150 Lightning within the next couple years, at least. That is also assuming that they open orders for the vehicle again. Currently, they are closed and sold out for at least two years, unless things drastically change.

sZedely

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lariat 4x4, Escape SE FWD
I'm just saying based on what they are charging for the F150 Lightning, an EV Maverick wouldn't be economically practical for such a small package. An F150 Lightning "Pro" Trim starts at 39.9 and does not have an option for extended battery. The extended battery option on the other trims is a staggering 20k extra. An XLT F150 Lightning with extended battery and no other options is 74,000 dollars. An F150 is a fully capable do everything truck. A Maverick is definitely capable in it's class, but I can't see people paying premium full size truck prices for an electric Maverick.
Actually, the Pro model does allow for the extended battery. They only allow fleet orders to do it.
Sponsored