Sponsored

Ford Maverick Hybrid - NEW Tractor Mode Unlocked ( 3000 miles)

garn0

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Anton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Issues which i have so far.
1. Super Loud Idle.
2. Shuddering on breaking 20-25 mph.
3. Engine check.

Issue #1 happens once in 1-2 days.
Issue #2 happens all the time, i can reproduce it 5 times in a row easily.
Issue #3 fixed ( possibly)

Brought to dealer they said "We don't know what it is", offered to schedule service in 3 months.

Was able to schedule in another dealer service 1 h away from me.
They said "Oh its a software issue", everything will be 100% fixed by update.

Well, of course after update nothing got fixed. (Oh yes they fixed Engine check light from dash panel).
Besides that all issue exists as they were before.

Dear Ford Rep, please don't waste your time commenting on this post, i already messaged you and no help was provided.

As much as i love this car i don't understand how many issues it can have at 3000 miles.

I do not want to sound toxic, but i am getting a little bit annoyed by the amount issues, and no official help from Ford.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Clarkdonbran

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I was all in thinking you got a new mode somehow! Your noise is not normal. I get the low speed shimmy and rough cold start too, but it does not sound like that. I hope everything works out for you!

OP
OP
garn0

garn0

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Anton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was all in thinking you got a new mode somehow! Your noise is not normal. I get the low speed shimmy and rough cold start too, but it does not sound like that. I hope everything works out for you!
By the way, it started to happen during winter at 32 farenheits or below 0 celsius.
I saw other posts people are complaining about same issue.

During summer never had this.

1Guy1Truck

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Mine is currently in for the loud engine rattle. My engine and transmission is being pulled out in order to replace a clutch assembly or a fly wheel. I don’t have much confidence and they luckily agreed this is the final attempt to fix this. After this ford will be buying it back and I am moving on. Good luck to you.

OP
OP
garn0

garn0

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Anton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Mine is currently in for the loud engine rattle. My engine and transmission is being pulled out in order to replace a clutch assembly or a fly wheel. I don’t have much confidence and they luckily agreed this is the final attempt to fix this. After this ford will be buying it back and I am moving on. Good luck to you.
When they "Buy Out" are they just paying the purchase price of the car and thats it? Or how does it works?

What if you put bedliner on car, it it considered your loss?

Sponsored

1Guy1Truck

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
When they "Buy Out" are they just paying the purchase price of the car and thats it? Or how does it works?

What if you put bedliner on car, it it considered your loss?
Price of the car minus the time I had it.

Scupking

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sounds like it's not running on all cylinders..

Buyerfind

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Hybrid Lariat,No Deletes,10/5/21 order 11/5/22
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

1. Super Loud Idle.
3. Engine check.

Brought to dealer they said "We don't know what it is", offered to schedule service in 3 months.

Well, of course after update nothing got fixed. (Oh yes they fixed Engine check light from dash panel).

Dear Ford Rep, please don't waste your time commenting on this post, i already messaged you and no help was provided.

As much as i love this car i don't understand how many issues it can have at 3000 miles.

I do not want to sound toxic, but i am getting a little bit annoyed by the amount issues, and no official help from Ford.
Mine started at 1900 miles - before I even made my first payment I had dropped off at the dealer who, after 28 days, had no idea what was wrong. Got it back a few days before my second payment was due.

Last edited:
OP
OP
garn0

garn0

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Anton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Mine started at 1900 miles - before I even made my first payment I had dropped off at the dealer who, after 2 days, had no idea what was wrong. Got it back a few days before my second payment was due.
Did they mention what was the cause of it? Did they fixed issue completely?

here4theparty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Ranger
Engine
Undecided

1. Super Loud Idle.
3. Engine check.

I've been reading of these issues with 22 Hybrids and sorry to hear Ford hasn't come up with a fix. My 23 XL hybrid is in production and is the same color as yours.

Sponsored

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sounds like it's not running on all cylinders..
Per manual If low coolant fluid detected to help prevent overheating ice will run on two cylinders. Could some being placed into two cylinder mode based on a faulty sensor????

Edit: maybe an air bubble at the sensor?? On my lariat I noticed that my reservoir showed about 1/16" of radiator fluid disappearing every week. When it got almost empty I took it in and had oil changed and told them I had very slight leak and they checked it out and said they could not find anything and topped it off. Maybe had air bubble that worked it's way out?? Now staying for 4k at same level. Mine only made the noise at about 3500 miles when it came on while I was talking to neighbor at mail box?? Who knows?

Last edited:

Scupking

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Per manual If low coolant fluid detected to help prevent overheating ice will run on two cylinders. Could some being placed into two cylinder mode based on a faulty sensor????
Interesting. Could be possible. The video sure sounds like it's running on 2 cylinders.

OP
OP
garn0

garn0

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Anton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No low coolant. And it happens only when you are idling.

Sensor - maybe not sure.
What i notice, at that time Check Engine light is blinking.

Ottocycle

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' RS6 Avant, 14' CTS-V Wagon, 87' BMW 535is
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Interesting. Could be possible. The video sure sounds like it's running on 2 cylinders.
X2 Just watched a few youtube two cylinder 4 stroke motors and sounds very similar. Have the dealer change out that sensor(Great bit of info makindofornow). They have nothing to loose and a lot to gain.

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No low coolant. And it happens only when you are idling.

Sensor - maybe not sure.
What i notice, at that time Check Engine light is blinking.
I have questioned before if when idling and electrical demand was low and the ice being ran with hvb battery temp not high enough to accept max amp would it be possible to run ice on two cylinders in order to save fuel???? Also this could be related to software glitch???
Sponsored