Sponsored

Ford Maverick Hybrid - NEW Tractor Mode Unlocked ( 3000 miles)

djb_rh

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Donnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ok not to start an arguement but just out of curiosity as a fellow hybrid owner.

You trust this truck to last a long time? You're not experiencing any of the smyptoms?

It's great if you're not but then again, if these trucks are essentially built the same wouldn't that make it easier to pin point the issue and resolve it? What scares me are the stories That Ford can't come out with a solution.
Iā€™m having no trouble and I know a few other owners who arenā€™t.

yes the problems are real, but no they are not widespread.
Sponsored

1Guy1Truck

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Iā€™m having no trouble and I know a few other owners who arenā€™t.

yes the problems are real, but no they are not widespread.
Everyoneā€™s definition of widespread is different. In my opinion thereā€™s an alarming amount of people with the same issue. Cold weather seems to cause these early cases and Iā€™m willing to bet more people regardless of climate will be affected once they get more more and wear on their hybrid mavericks.

djb_rh

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Donnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Everyoneā€™s definition of widespread is different. In my opinion thereā€™s an alarming amount of people with the same issue. Cold weather seems to cause these early cases and Iā€™m willing to bet more people regardless of climate will be affected once they get more more and wear on their hybrid mavericks.
My truck has 19k miles and is on its *second* winter of living outside. Again, I know of others who have similar stories and have been fine. And Ford now has TENS of thousands of Maverick and Escape hybrids out there and if this were ā€œwidespreadā€ then there would be TONS of people on these forums complaining about it and TONS of trucks sitting at dealerships. I actually know a Ford dealer, too (albeit a fairly small one) and my brake TSB was the first ā€œrepairā€ theyā€™ve even had on a hybrid.

Youā€™re having trouble. Iā€™m sorry for it. Itā€™s right for you to be skeptical. But the chances of someone buying a new truck and having this happen to them are pretty dang low, though. Just because THOUSANDS of people arenā€™t coming here to say ā€œmy truck is fineā€ doesnā€™t mean they arenā€™t out there, happily driving around oblivious to your problems.

1Guy1Truck

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My truck has 19k miles and is on its *second* winter of living outside. Again, I know of others who have similar stories and have been fine. And Ford now has TENS of thousands of Maverick and Escape hybrids out there and if this were ā€œwidespreadā€ then there would be TONS of people on these forums complaining about it and TONS of trucks sitting at dealerships. I actually know a Ford dealer, too (albeit a fairly small one) and my brake TSB was the first ā€œrepairā€ theyā€™ve even had on a hybrid.

Youā€™re having trouble. Iā€™m sorry for it. Itā€™s right for you to be skeptical. But the chances of someone buying a new truck and having this happen to them are pretty dang low, though. Just because THOUSANDS of people arenā€™t coming here to say ā€œmy truck is fineā€ doesnā€™t mean they arenā€™t out there, happily driving around oblivious to your problems.
How many people with problems arenā€™t coming here complaining? Could also be thousands.

Reactions: JAC

Sponsored

Mikknj

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mikk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT Luxury CO360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My hybrid is just fine. But, It has the touchy brakes, And it has a little shudder but not all the time. It runs great. It had the engine surging issue but was fixed by the TSB. I turn the key and it runs. At 36k miles I will trade it. I think part of the Shudder- fix is the Clutch/damper - it's too expensive for Ford to fix and they know it. I wonder what will push them?

1Guy1Truck

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My hybrid is just fine. But, It has the touchy brakes, And it has a little shudder but not all the time. It runs great. It had the engine surging issue but was fixed by the TSB. I turn the key and it runs. At 36k miles I will trade it. I think part of the Shudder- fix is the Clutch/damper - it's too expensive for Ford to fix and they know it. I wonder what will push them?
Those are the parts they are looking to replace on mine.

2022 pushed behind 2023's

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sounds like something broke, it happens, to even brand new cars. I doubt its a engineering failure though. Could be as simple as a bolt/part was left loose...these things are put together in what, about 3 days? (or less).

AtlasBlue

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Issues which i have so far.
1. Super Loud Idle.
2. Shuddering on breaking 20-25 mph.
3. Engine check.

Issue #1 happens once in 1-2 days.
Issue #2 happens all the time, i can reproduce it 5 times in a row easily.
Issue #3 fixed ( possibly)

Brought to dealer they said "We don't know what it is", offered to schedule service in 3 months.

Was able to schedule in another dealer service 1 h away from me.
They said "Oh its a software issue", everything will be 100% fixed by update.

Well, of course after update nothing got fixed. (Oh yes they fixed Engine check light from dash panel).
Besides that all issue exists as they were before.

Dear Ford Rep, please don't waste your time commenting on this post, i already messaged you and no help was provided.

As much as i love this car i don't understand how many issues it can have at 3000 miles.

I do not want to sound toxic, but i am getting a little bit annoyed by the amount issues, and no official help from Ford.
Did you borrow my Kubota for that video ? šŸ¤£

Aherpa

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Edge, Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Issues which i have so far.
1. Super Loud Idle.
2. Shuddering on breaking 20-25 mph.
3. Engine check.

Issue #1 happens once in 1-2 days.
Issue #2 happens all the time, i can reproduce it 5 times in a row easily.
Issue #3 fixed ( possibly)

Brought to dealer they said "We don't know what it is", offered to schedule service in 3 months.

Was able to schedule in another dealer service 1 h away from me.
They said "Oh its a software issue", everything will be 100% fixed by update.

Well, of course after update nothing got fixed. (Oh yes they fixed Engine check light from dash panel).
Besides that all issue exists as they were before.

Dear Ford Rep, please don't waste your time commenting on this post, i already messaged you and no help was provided.

As much as i love this car i don't understand how many issues it can have at 3000 miles.

I do not want to sound toxic, but i am getting a little bit annoyed by the amount issues, and no official help from Ford.
Wow, you got the unlisted diesel option. . . . Hope you can get it sorted out.

Sponsored

ford5

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150; 2018 Murano
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks to all for sharing your problems. I am sorry you are having such serious problems with a new vehicle. That should never happen. Minor issues and tech glitches are to be expected but nothing of this nature is acceptable.

I am seriously considering switching my first-day ordered hybrid Lariat to an Eco. I know they have a few issues as well but nothing as serious as we're seeing in the hybrid. I assumed that Ford had these problems corrected since the hybrid system is so similar to the Escape but I guess not. I realize this forum captures a higher percentage of the problems than is the reality but what number of serious issues is acceptable? I'm guessing that serious Maverick issues exceed the norm for a vehicle. I need a reliable vehicle soon and an Eco Maverick seems a better fit for me than a Ranger or competitive mid-size. Tough decision!!

1Guy1Truck

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Mine is getting ā€œfixedā€ this upcoming week. They are pulling out the engine and transmission and replacing the dampener. I hope it fixes it. Next step is ford buy back.

JAC

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy G30 Roadtrek Van, waiting for Hybrid XL Mave
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This could have been the one that would have propelled them to the top. I mean they're known for trucks! They have had hybrids for so long! Somehow, they manage to screw this up!

This was going to be my forever, retirement truck! I'm heart broken!

I don't think they're fixing the issues on the 2023's or will be on the 24's. Seems like they came out with this then quickly decided to move on to focus on the Lightning. Which also, btw, another failure.

I experience the shuddering, the abrupt low speed braking, I have had it where it lost power while in the middle of the freeway with my family. And still, I'm willing to accept those if I know Ford has a solution.

Too bad since I'm getting such great mileage with it. But for a brand new truck with less than 3k miles on it, I shouldn't have to worry it making past 10k miles!
We let our XL Hybrid Maverick with 1400 miles, go this past week to Carvana and hubby & I have a huge sense of relief. We realized that we are not "new car people" & with the money we made, we purchased a 2006 Honda Element from a local independent dealer. We realize we have to declare our profit on our taxes next year but we are retired & lower income so we won't have to pay any $$. We paid 23K with sales tax, reg & title for our Mav & Carvana gave us $29,268 šŸ˜²šŸ˜².

The only thing we will miss is the gas mileage but our peace of mind is priceless. Hubby is so much happier with a vehicle that he can work on that has an engine with proven reliability with many folks putting over 300,000 miles on their Elements. Not to be a Debbie Downer but sadly, I don't think this will be the case with the Maverick.

hacktracker

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang Shelby GT350, 2015 Jeep Renegade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Oh, boy. Just got off the phone with the credit union for approval. Dealer called yesterday, the XLT Lux Hybrid is here! I'm still on the fence after 14 months waiting. I think I may have to PASS. This is really tough...
Since we have Winter cold in the Mid-Atlantic, I'd probably go fully intending to pickup and ask to start the Mav from dead-cold on pickup day after PDI. Make sure it runs fine, at least from the get-go, and perform a thorough test drive with the radio off and any passengers being quiet.

If it's good, I'd pull the trigger. If not, pass.

Just my 2 cents; I fully realize this doesn't prevent the issue from appearing down the line.

tom_tucker

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Since we have Winter cold in the Mid-Atlantic, I'd probably go fully intending to pickup and ask to start the Mav from dead-cold on pickup day after PDI. Make sure it runs fine, at least from the get-go, and perform a thorough test drive with the radio off and any passengers being quiet.

If it's good, I'd pull the trigger. If not, pass.

Just my 2 cents; I fully realize this doesn't prevent the issue from appearing down the line.
Yes, I am the owner of a new Maverick today! I could keep or flip, but I may have to sell it due to financial reasons. I could not pass it up though! This will give me a chance to sell my old Subaru at least. Maybe buy a newer Subaru and fix it up. This is only due to financial reasons, otherwise I would keep the Mav!!!
Sponsored