Sponsored

Ford Maverick Hybrid - NEW Tractor Mode Unlocked ( 3000 miles)

MrXmas

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Now that part might sadly be true.

FWIW, I’m an early adopter. Put my order in 7/21, truck showed up 2/22, and I am closing in on 20k miles. Love the thing.
That's encouraging. I ordered mine late October of 21. Had I known they were available in July, I certainly would have ordered then. I've had the cash in pocket for some time now. The dealer did try and get me to let go of a few features, but after that much wait, why not get what you truly want?
Sponsored

1Guy1Truck

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Impossible to get, but what we do know is that forums like this, while SUPER helpful, also tend to blow the scale of these kinds or problems up a lot worse than they really are. I suspect that if this shudder was even 1 in 100 that there would be a LOT more people screaming on this forum than there are.

I’m also sure that if you go to popular marque-specific forums for ANY vehicle then you’ll find similar scary stories. We’ve seen some serious issues on this forum and yet I’ve seen no reason to worry about the Maverick overall. And I had the infamous brake problem that now seems to be addressed. I think a lot of trucks are affected by that problem, actually, but at the end of the day it’s more of an inconvenience than it was a real problem likely to hurt anything.

Again, I think in general it’s a reasonably well built truck. I’m also betting a lot of these problems have already been addressed in current models yet to be built.
You would like to think they have been addressed, however the hybrid Escape which has the same engine and transmission as the hybrid maverick has suffered from the EXACT same issue as the OP, me and many others. This issue goes back to the 2020 Escape hybrid and includes the 2021 and 2022 as well. Now the hybrid maverick has the same problem. Google “ford escape marbles in engine” to read up on it. Ford has not addressed this and as more and more maverick hybrids have miles put on them you’ll see this become even more wide spread. My maverick has been sitting at the dealer with no motor or transmission in it while ford scratches their head. Ultimately I hope they lemon it and I can move on. I don’t recommend anyone buy a hybrid maverick until ford as a whole works out this issue.

Reactions: JAC

IwannaMav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 XL Ecoboost Fwd
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That thing sounds like my old 1980 Ford diesel tractor. 😕

1Guy1Truck

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You are not alone in this - my hybrid Lariat is going back to the dealer a second time for this exact issue. The first time they applied a TSB software update even though mine was beyond the build date that the TSB was for in the hope that it would take care of the problem. It only happens when the temperature is below freezing and the truck sits overnight. Sounds like the engine will shake apart. It never happens when it is warm which should give them a clue. The service rep said it is misfiring - they know that but have to find the cause. Will let you know if they find it.
Keep us updated. Mine had the engine and transmission taken out so they can inspect/replace dampener, clutch assembly and flywheel. Up until this point they have done a couple useless TSBs which have done nothing.

Buyerfind

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Hybrid Lariat,No Deletes,10/5/21 order 11/5/22
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Keep us updated. Mine had the engine and transmission taken out so they can inspect/replace dampener, clutch assembly and flywheel. Up until this point they have done a couple useless TSBs which have done nothing.
Yes, please do keep us updated on the status of your "repair". Thank you!!!

Sponsored

JsnMrd

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It's so hard to trust this truck will last even 100k miles! I love the whole idea of a cheap hybrid truck but that's the thing, cheap parts too!

I'm resisting very hard not to let it go. I'm so thorn and can't decide.

Bry@n

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Maverick XL, F150, Bronco
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Sounds just like my diesel JD 1 series tractor

1Guy1Truck

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It's so hard to trust this truck will last even 100k miles! I love the whole idea of a cheap hybrid truck but that's the thing, cheap parts too!

I'm resisting very hard not to let it go. I'm so thorn and can't decide.
I got the extended warranty and glad I did. But, like you said I don’t see it making it to the 100k mark. This was a failed experiment for owning a ford. Back to Toyota.

mamboman777

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Focus, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Issues which i have so far.
1. Super Loud Idle.
2. Shuddering on breaking 20-25 mph.
3. Engine check.

Issue #1 happens once in 1-2 days.
Issue #2 happens all the time, i can reproduce it 5 times in a row easily.
Issue #3 fixed ( possibly)

Brought to dealer they said "We don't know what it is", offered to schedule service in 3 months.

Was able to schedule in another dealer service 1 h away from me.
They said "Oh its a software issue", everything will be 100% fixed by update.

Well, of course after update nothing got fixed. (Oh yes they fixed Engine check light from dash panel).
Besides that all issue exists as they were before.

Dear Ford Rep, please don't waste your time commenting on this post, i already messaged you and no help was provided.

As much as i love this car i don't understand how many issues it can have at 3000 miles.

I do not want to sound toxic, but i am getting a little bit annoyed by the amount issues, and no official help from Ford.
I don't like that this is happening to you. I'm sorry and hope it's fixed soon. That said,

"Tractor Mode Unlocked." 🤣 Brilliant.

jalbano2

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux, EB , 4k , FX4 , Moonroof
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My dealer seems to think it’s a clutch or flywheel? Engine and transmission coming out. It’s a huge mess.
The fact that your dealer even mentions a clutch inspires no confidence.

Sponsored

Scupking

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford has been making hybrids for 19 years. You think they would have it nailed down by now... I'm a 1k miles on my hybrid and knock on wood my only issue is it going into deep sleep.

1Guy1Truck

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The fact that your dealer even mentions a clutch inspires no confidence.
Believe it or not they do. However I still have no confidence in ford.

JsnMrd

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I got the extended warranty and glad I did. But, like you said I don’t see it making it to the 100k mark. This was a failed experiment for owning a ford. Back to Toyota.
This could have been the one that would have propelled them to the top. I mean they're known for trucks! They have had hybrids for so long! Somehow, they manage to screw this up!

This was going to be my forever, retirement truck! I'm heart broken!

I don't think they're fixing the issues on the 2023's or will be on the 24's. Seems like they came out with this then quickly decided to move on to focus on the Lightning. Which also, btw, another failure.

I experience the shuddering, the abrupt low speed braking, I have had it where it lost power while in the middle of the freeway with my family. And still, I'm willing to accept those if I know Ford has a solution.

Too bad since I'm getting such great mileage with it. But for a brand new truck with less than 3k miles on it, I shouldn't have to worry it making past 10k miles!

tom_tucker

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Oh, boy. Just got off the phone with the credit union for approval. Dealer called yesterday, the XLT Lux Hybrid is here! I'm still on the fence after 14 months waiting. I think I may have to PASS. This is really tough...

JsnMrd

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Now that part might sadly be true.

FWIW, I’m an early adopter. Put my order in 7/21, truck showed up 2/22, and I am closing in on 20k miles. Love the thing.
Ok not to start an arguement but just out of curiosity as a fellow hybrid owner.

You trust this truck to last a long time? You're not experiencing any of the smyptoms?

It's great if you're not but then again, if these trucks are essentially built the same wouldn't that make it easier to pin point the issue and resolve it? What scares me are the stories That Ford can't come out with a solution.
Sponsored