Basil

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thats a good looking modern truck. I really hope that the camera set up means there will be an official announcement soon. I test drove a couple frontiers over the weekend and i almost convinced myself to spend 30k. the midnight editions are sweet!
Sponsored

Keynotes13

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mathew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Matrix
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This is what Iā€™ve been waiting for. My only concern is back seat and it seems to match the Bronco Sport backseat so thatā€™ll be great! Iā€™m buying. Gonna try to get a 2.0 for the power but if I need to borrow my buddyā€™s 1500 for ā€œbiggerā€ jobs so be it. Iā€™m AMPED!!

rtcraft89

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes E-500
Ford isnā€™t dumb. This is free advertising and weā€™ve had a number of ā€œleaksā€ the past couple of weeks.

Hopeful weā€™re a few weeks (or less) away from a reveal.

J_Garn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Edge
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Damn, I've got no complaints here. That's a great looking compact, though I'm not a fan of the Area 51 color. It'll be black or white for me. And I'll definitely cross my fingers for a package that heightens the ride. Besides that I'm sold.

theek

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V, Subaru CrossTrek
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Assuming the following wheel size, I'm guessing the bed size is as follows:

18" wheels: 56" bed 24" tailgate, 80" with tailgate down. 82" with a bed extender?

17" wheel: 52" bed, 23" tailgate, 75" with tailgate down.

Could a bed extender be integrated into that tailgate? That plastic rim tells me something might pop out of it.

Sponsored

J_Garn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Edge
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Could a bed extender be integrated into that tailgate? That plastic rim tells me something might pop out of it.
I think you're right. The black trim under/around the bumper definitely seems oversized, so I wonder what they've got up their sleeve in terms of a feature.

Ford Maverick Ford Maverick Full Uncovered Look @ Side & Rear 3/4 in Area 51 color! e12bd602-b145-4fce-8fc4-52b6deaa9744-jpe

Gary in NJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too Many Subaru's
Assuming the following wheel size, I'm guessing the bed size is as follows:

18" wheels: 56" bed 24" tailgate, 80" with tailgate down. 82" with a bed extender?

17" wheel: 52" bed, 23" tailgate, 75" with tailgate down.

Agreed. Doing some scaling off that photo I'm coming up with 54" bed. I assumed the same tire wheel as the Bronco Sport Badlands model (235/65-17) which gives a 29" diameter tire.

MarcusBrody

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Transit Connect, BMW 318ti
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think you're right. The black trim under/around the bumper definitely seems oversized, so I wonder what they've got up their sleeve in terms of a feature.
I agree it is notable, but I can't figure out what it might be. Looking at the unibody pictures from a few months ago, I can't see an obvious sliding set up. The tailgate slding backward when folded down to give a longer than 6 foot platform (4.5 bed, 1.5 tailgate) is all I could potentially see, as there doesn't look like a way for the tailgate to be hooked up if it slides back.

J_Garn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Edge
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yeah, perhaps it's just wishful thinking on my part and the bumper flare is more stylistic. For me - and this is a purely unresearched opinion - it feels like the truck bed is such an underutilized and under-developed area in the auto industry. Maybe in the past 10 or so years have manufacturers started to get creative (folding step-up bar, multi-hinged gate, in-bed storage a-la Ridgeline, you get the picture), but I guess I still expect more. With all the amazing things manufacturers are able to engineer into the interior of vehicles, I feel like there's wasted potential in the bed.

MarcusBrody

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Transit Connect, BMW 318ti
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yeah, perhaps it's just wishful thinking on my part and the bumper flare is more stylistic. For me - and this is a purely unresearched opinion - it feels like the truck bed is such an underutilized and under-developed area in the auto industry. Maybe in the past 10 or so years have manufacturers started to get creative (folding step-up bar, multi-hinged gate, in-bed storage a-la Ridgeline, you get the picture), but I guess I still expect more. With all the amazing things manufacturers are able to engineer into the interior of vehicles, I feel like there's wasted potential in the bed.
I don't disagree at all and I hope that the Maverick does something clever. I just don't see how it would work looking at the unibody images.

Sponsored

theek

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I agree it is notable, but I can't figure out what it might be. Looking at the unibody pictures from a few months ago, I can't see an obvious sliding set up. The tailgate slding backward when folded down to give a longer than 6 foot platform (4.5 bed, 1.5 tailgate) is all I could potentially see, as there doesn't look like a way for the tailgate to be hooked up if it slides back.

The old MAVERICK tailgate is gone, it's a different design now.

Reactions: Doc

theek

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Truck buyers are very conservative when it comes to exterior truck styling.

Reactions: Doc

Ricardo12025

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1961 CJ5, 2000 BMW Z3, 2005 Honda Element