First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're all sold, waiting for Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I mean, looks wise the Santa Cruz is leagues better looking. The Maverick looks really boring to be frank. Theres something super bland about the Maverick in that Area 51 sideshot we got and the leaked front end just looks bulky and blah when compared to the gorgeous Bronco Sport. I wish they just used that front end from the Bronco Sport, would have looked worlds better. To fix the wall of boring on the side maybe they can make a little fender flare kit. Just SOMETHING to break up the big flat wall of metal and give a bit of style.

I am also keeping an eye on the Santa Cruz but the bed shots so far give the edge to the Maverick. Plus the idea of a cheap fleet truck probably isnt even in the wheelhouse of Hyundai when it comes to a possible trim. Thats the primary reason Id go with the Maverick when directly compared. SLightly bigger bed, less options and cheaper/lower trims. If I wanted a cool looking vehicle it would go to the Santa Cruz and its literally not even a close competition.
Jumping in on the Maverick vs Santa Cruz styling. Every era has styling that dates a vehicle, 50s fins, 80s jellybean, etc. The current era is one of swoopy character lines that run in all different directions. That’s what I love about the Maverick, it has the classic pickup looks that go all the way back to the late 50s; that’s about 70 years of styling that works! My preference is for the tailored appearance of the Maverick, it will still look good years from now. For those folks who like the contemporary look, go for it, that’s why there are different models available.

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're all sold, waiting for Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I thought it was going to this!
Ford-Courier-Maverick.jpg
That is a very old rendering, done before there was any concrete information on the Maverick. The speculation about what Ford was going to do has been all over the place including Escape with its top hacked off.
Sponsored