Fixer upper

First Name
Amanda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy spark
Mine is scheduled for build week of 11/15 and the wording is different for me:

The demand for our Maverick Hybrid trucks has exceeded all expectations - in fact, it's nearly sold out for the 2022 model year. Our 2.0 Liter EcoBoost Maverick began shipping in September and is off to a great start. You may have even seen a few of them around town.

at the beginning of the email it has this:

Your new 2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid pickup will be on its way in a few short months, with initial Hybrid deliveries expected to start in January.

I hope that the OKTB does happen on December 8th because I live in the DFW area in North Texas so shipping should be faster than other parts of the country. 3 weeks from Monday Dec 11th is January 1, 2022.
Maybe Shipping starts in January because of the wait for EPA certification that is expected in December?

Fixer upper

First Name
Amanda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy spark
Exactly!! I just read an article about the Port of Los Angeles about how they are overwhelmed with supply container and don't have enough worker still. So supply issues are going to take time to sort out and we still have to keep in mind that every manufacture is fighting for limited supplies right now. The fact that Ford is even building Mavericks to me is great, at least the hose is on and the water is trickling out, soon it will become a stead stream!
In fairness, It might be helpful if they actually communicated these things to their customers

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Maybe Shipping starts in January because of the wait for EPA certification that is expected in December?
The wording in my email is "initial Hybrid deliveries expected to start in January. "

Note the word "deliveries" here not shipping. Others here who have had their EcoBoost Mavericks delivered have stated 3-4 weeks delivery time. The closer to the border the quicker delivery happened.

I expect that when the OKTB (Okay to Buy) happens, and rumors have a 12/8 date, that Ford will immediately start shipping the Hybrid Mavericks that have been built.

I am in the DFW area (North Texas) and four weeks from December 8th is January 5, 2022.

Fixer upper

First Name
Amanda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy spark
Ha Ha! Amazing world it has become, indeed. I hired a landscaping company in September last year (2020), and it finally got built one year later last month. (Well, mostly built, as it seems some final finishing pieces are out of stock and waiting to arrive. Maybe they're on one of those 167 ships off Long Beach waiting to be unloaded...) Also waited 6 months for a fence company to build a new iron fence. Both informed me they had issues with covid and then largely due to lack of enough employees.

I'm not too surprised about a delay, as I'm a relative newby to the MTC and have not waited nearly as long as most of you veterans here who ordered last June, and I also did a lot of researching online (including here) and knew there were delays in information and production of hybrid Mavericks before I even placed my order.

In a way, a glass half-full way that I see it is that a few more months of delay allows me to save a bit more of a cash down payment so as to reduce my monthly payments. Also, as some had mentioned earlier on this forum: a few more months many allow Ford to discover issues and improve build quality on this new vehicle in its first year of production. (I'm guessing almost everybody here has at least one or more other vehicles to drive until their new Maverick arrives.)

Overall, I took the news of the hybrid EPA 42 mpg city mileage estimate (better than the expected 40 mpg city estimate) and the official Ford confirmation of the December releases of hybrid trucks as positive news.

[Sorry for the long-winded post!]
Yeah, I think I was partly prepared for the wait because of the six months it took to get a new bathtub (something I let frustrate me and got a wee bit pissy about).

Sponsored

New2AZ

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic EX Hatchback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
For a minute, I was thinking "wow, this has got to be the most dissected email ever!" But then I remembered, this is MTC doing what MTC does lol

OldSoulNewMaverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Kia Soul
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Is anyone aware of what the final OKTB hurdle(s) are? I thought the only thing left was the EPA certification.

Fixer upper

First Name
Amanda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy spark
This is also the letter I received today and it is different from the letter others have posted.

Changes include:

-- no mention of waiting "stinks".
-- "there's already one with your name on it", has been added.
-- "will be delivered next year" is new language not in the other letter.

For whatever reason, they're sending out slightly different letters to some customers.
I'm not sure if this has anything to do with your spot in the ordering sequence or whether
you've ordered a hybrid (I did) or something else.

"Will be delivered next year" is certainly vague - that could be anywhere from January to
December, haha.

I did have an opportunity to extensively drive one and go through the Maverick thoroughly.
I'll start a new thread and share my thoughts.

Sorry, I just registered here, but I've been following this site for months, so I don't really feel
like a newbie.
I find the part about being “nearly sold out” particularly interesting. I suspect that means the orders they already have will take most of the year to fill. Not sure what the cut off date would be for when they would want to start making 2023 orders - September? If so, that means some current orders for 2022 maverick may not be filled until summer 2022. Right?

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I, for one, was happy to get the Ford email about the plastic bits.

It means the mighty Ford computer knows that I am alive and waiting.

It feels good to have a meaningful relationship in this turbulent life. 😬

Fixer upper

First Name
Amanda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy spark
What would you do with it before you get your new truck?
But it could say you will get when you take delivery of your truck

Sponsored

Fixer upper

First Name
Amanda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy spark
June 26th order here in pa. No production date yet.
Hate to burst bubbles, have a late June order and no scheduled date. And I’m pretty sure I am not alone in that. I am however seeing all the dec. 13 hybrids scheduled, as a sign a January date for me might be plausible. My skeptical side says they scheduled a bunch of hybrids to prove there was “nothing to see here” in problems related to hybrid production and that we cannot take it to mean hybrids will be scheduled more regularly come January.

Fixer upper

First Name
Amanda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy spark
For a minute, I was thinking "wow, this has got to be the most dissected email ever!" But then I remembered, this is MTC doing what MTC does lol
I feel confident that an entire team of communications experts worked on this email.

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I would expect hybrid shipping to begin as soon as Ford gives the OKTB since they now have EPA's blessing. The Dec 8th date was when Ford originally expected the EPA blessing on the hybrid and since that's happened sooner I'm expecting shipping to begin sooner. Of course this just my speculations nothing more.

GTBuzz

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hello my fellow Maverick friends. I just put my maverick xlt hybrid order in last Friday then went to dealer following morning, gave my 100$ deposit, signed order form and then received the “your order has been confirmed” email from Ford Motor Company. For peace of mind is this the process you all went through ? Haven’t received any messages since. So Now do I just sit and wait and wait and wait some more and quit being paranoid that I haven’t heard anything since?

B2E7863B-115A-4A89-8C96-CC6A6D89AE64.jpeg
I ordered yesterday which was a Friday also. Did you recieve this confirmation same day or over weekend? My saleperson said not sure if they go out over weekend and to call him on Monday if I dont get it by then.
Sponsored