Jezmund_Berserker

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
For some of us, the responses coming from the other direction that accuse us of whining or acting irrationally are equally baffling.

I ordered a truck that Ford told me I'd get this fall. That's part of the reason I ordered it, I needed it this fall. They are failing to deliver the truck in the fall, and that's disappointing. I'm not saying they killed one of my children. I'm not saying in the history of the world such disappointing things have never happened.

I'm saying that:
1. I thought I was getting a Maverick this fall and I'm not
2. Ford's way of communicating this delay to me is insulting, pretending that it's good news
3. The only "vote" I have in response is to not give them my money
4. ...which I probably can't do any way because I can't wait until next year for a replacement vehicle.

People who aren't in that position can make a different choice, accepting the delay and the approach to communication. Good for you. This a Maverick forum, and specifically a thread about the email indicating a delay. That some of us will need or want to move on from the Maverick seems reasonable to me. And that we'd say so here - in a maverick forum in a post about the email - also seems reasonable to me. I'm sorry it doesn't to (many of) you, but, in reality, you may want to be the ones to consider that you're taking yourselves and this process too seriously. Some of us are just trying to buy a truck.
Sponsored

UpNorthBuckeye

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Expedtn, 17PriusV,22 Mavrk XLT hybridHPR
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Got the email about an hour ago.
Yep, just got mine a little while ago. I'm still excited, looking forward to my new little pickup.
The Maverick saves me from having to pay $18,000 for a used 8-year old SUV with 100,000 miles on it.... the used vehicle market is CRAZY!

UpstateSC

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick Hybrid Lariat Lux. Pkg., '16 Miata
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Got the email today! July 19 Lariat Hybrid/lux pkg/hard tri-fold tonneau order.

Fixer upper

First Name
Amanda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy spark
If you haven't received this yet -- it’s coming, it goes to dealers first. That way we can prep for the incoming calls. Hang in there!

Ford Maverick Free FITS Accessory Kit Hybrid Maverick owners.png
I got one and thought it was going to be THE email, but alas….happy about the free accessory kit though

atomguy245

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Bolt EUV, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Sponsored

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Mine says it will be built next year... Hope spring at this point. Rather not get it in the winter.
Look on the bright side, no 2021 property tax.

Michaelkov

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BMW X1, 2018 Toyota Rav4, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you haven't received this yet -- it’s coming, it goes to dealers first. That way we can prep for the incoming calls. Hang in there!

Ford Maverick Free FITS Accessory Kit Hybrid Maverick owners.png
Thanks for the heads-up this morning. I received my copy of the email from Ford Program HQ at about 4 PM today. The wording is a little different as its says there is already one with my name on it. This is actually the first program email I've received from Ford as I never got a program email confirmation when I signed my order last June. My dealer has been helpful though by letting me know my order status in the system every few weeks (Hybrid Lariat Lux pkg).

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're all sold, waiting for Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
complete speculation on my part, but up until today hybrid orders have been very sporadic without much correlation to order date. Now it seems a lot of the June orders were the ones getting December production dates. And since hybrid production is almost full through July/August 2022. I would say rule of thumb could be june order = December production, july = January, august = March, September = April, October = May
I ordered June 21 and I have no production date, December or otherwise. My guess is February or March earliest.

DarthSquatch

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid Lariat Lux Area 51 confirmed 7/8
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I apparently didn't take my own advice from a post early and almost had a heart attack when I saw an email from ford... Never clicked an email so fast in my life.
I did exactly the same thing

whisper38

First Name
Clarence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Dear Future Maverick Owner:

We're excited to share some great news for all the Makers out there: The first 2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid pickups will be on their way in a few short months. Additionally, the Maverick Hybrid has an impressive EPA-estimated 42 MPG in the city.1

The demand has been overwhelming for America's first standard hybrid truck. In fact, it's nearly sold out for the 2022 model year. Luckily there's already one with your name on it, and we're doing everything to build through the queue as quickly as possible. Your 2022 Maverick Hybrid pickup will be delivered next year, and rest assured that we'll continue to keep you updated.

As a special thanks for being one of our first Maverick Hybrid owners, we'll be giving you this really cool Ford FITS Accessory Kit after you take delivery of your new truck. The kit includes a storage bin, cupholder, phone cord organizer, bag hooks and multiple dividers for the underseat storage area; so that whatever you make, you can make the most of it with your Maverick pickup.

Ordered mine ford lariat back in June, still no Vin numbers only this email today.

Sponsored

Knowprob

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT Hybrid, 2020 Escape Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just got my email. Nice to get news, but a free cup holder is a slap in the face. I placed my order on 8/6 and was told early Fall delivery. Now it appears to be a late winter or early spring drop. All this time they hold my deposit.

UncleDuke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fusion
Well at least I got this letter today 1:01pm PST

NewBernWolf

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm not sure what to make of the differences in the emails.

One says that "your" Maverick will be coming in a few months and that deliveries will start in January (and that waiting stinks).

The other doesn't mention January, says Mavericks will be on their way in a few months, and says there's "one with your name on it" that "will be delivered next year."

It really seems like the only substantive change is the early version mentioned January and the later version didn't, but I'm making some assumptions there. (The OP's letter mentions January and mine -- which arrived later -- didn't.)

No idea what that means. Except that maybe they decided that predicting first deliveries in January was a bad idea.
I'm the tiniest bit intrigued by the "with your name on it" part though. That's the version my husband got for his First Edition order. I got the other one for my Lariat. Both are currently scheduled to be built in December.