First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Is anyone aware of what the final OKTB hurdle(s) are? I thought the only thing left was the EPA certification.
The wait is for the Federal and the 50 State Emissions testing to be completed.
Sponsored

Hagzfilmz

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
TH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(Ordered) 2022 Ford Maverick XLT 2.5 Cactus-G Lux
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered yesterday which was a Friday also. Did you recieve this confirmation same day or over weekend? My saleperson said not sure if they go out over weekend and to call him on Monday if I dont get it by then.
I actually was at the dealer on Friday Oct 15 to put dealer order in but the Ford order website was down that day in afternoon so I came back the next morning, left 100$ deposit signed the order form and they put the order in on Saturday the 16th. I received the maverick is ordered email from Ford Motor Co the same day.

GTBuzz

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I actually was at the dealer on Friday Oct 15 to put dealer order in but the Ford order website was down that day in afternoon so I came back the next morning, left 100$ deposit signed the order form and they put the order in on Saturday the 16th. I received the maverick is ordered email from Ford Motor Co the same day.
Ok thanks for the info. Trying to ensure my order is complete before they sell out.

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 VW Golf GTI, 1979 Cadillac Sedan deVille
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just ordered yesterday, but the dealer said I probably won't get it until June or July. I said it's fine because I was thinking of it as a 40th birthday present, which is in August.

Sponsored

Red Ryder

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT Iconic Silver
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Realistic Expectations

Since my email from Ford said my Maverick "will be delivered next year" and not "delivered in January" like others received, I suspect mine is not going to be delivered early next year at all.

I have a decent deposit down for almost a year. It was originally for a Bronco Sport that was never delivered (one of the lost in desert builds that they're just digging out). I converted it to a Maverick order as my dealer said that Ford was better prepared for this release than either of the Bronco models. The expectations were delivery by late fall and certainly before winter.

While neither will happen, if history keeps repeating itself, I may be looking at mid-summer the way delivery problems keep creeping up with my Ford orders.

My deposit was "refundable at the discretion of the dealership owner". I suspect this means I won't see it if I go a different direction. Truth is, I do need another vehicle and I wish I hadn't waited this long.

If Ford wants this "build to order" model to be their future, they need to provide better info to their customers as to realistic expectations. I was given false expectations multiple times on both orders by Ford and the dealership.

Some of us need solid availability information to properly plan for household and/or business transportation needs. Not all of us have spare vehicles lying around.

Wiley

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Wiley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks for the cup holder but can I exchange it for the 360 viewing.?

Sponsored

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks for the cup holder but can I exchange it for the 360 viewing.?
Since my Maverick is XLT trim the "cup holder" is of no use for me as the back seat has two cup holders in the middle fold down.

The Trash Bin, Bag hooks and the Multiple Dividers for the under-seat storage area are useful to me.

Since my Hybrid Maverick wasn't going to be delivered before the week of December 20th anyway waiting a few more weeks isn't a big deal for me.

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Since my Maverick is XLT trim the "cup holder" is of no use for me as the back seat has two cup holders in the middle fold down.****
Extra cup holders are always handy to have.

Sometimes I go through the drive thru (alone) to pick up food for 6 or 8 people. Those little cardboard trays they give with the drinks have tipped over on me before, the built-in cupholders have proven to be more secure for me.

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Extra cup holders are always handy to have.

Sometimes I go through the drive thru (alone) to pick up food for 6 or 8 people. Those little cardboard trays they give with the drinks have tipped over on me before, the built-in cupholders have proven to be more secure for me.
Good point about those cardboard drink trays and tipping over. I guess I will store the drink holder in the under-seat storage until needed.

garnermike

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
An Outback, an Ioniq, a Corvette, a Fiat Spider
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Me neither!

August order date.
Me neither. First week in July order date. Was first hoping for October delivery (what the dealer and Ford said when you put down your $500). Then, I moved it back to Thanksgiving. Then to Christmas. Now with the word from Ford that initial deliveries are "expected to start in January," I think I'll be lucky to see my July-ordered Maverick by Easter (April). The way this is going, I wouldn't be surprised if Mavericks ordered now are delivered before those that were ordered months ago.

Last edited:

Garygnu812

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Renegade
why are people pissed off? Clearly states in the pre order contract that Ford cannot adhere to any time frame. Literally not like they gave you a built date when you bought it. You bought a truck that’s not even built yet, also on its first year release. I don’t understand how people are mad at all. It’s not like it’s a F150 that Ford has been selling for 50+ years.
Ford has been building cars since 1908. If they can't figure out how long it takes to build a new vehicle, maybe they shouldn't be telling people fall delivery. I have a car to trade in that gets worth less every month I have it, not to mention any maintenance is required while I still have it. Don't tell me fall and then say oh we meant winter next year. When accurate info is provided the decision is yours, when the decision has been taken from you is when people get pissed.
Sponsored